Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:35 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 pm
So we are to take the words of "someone else" over the man himself... and that explains why Jordan decided to play another (high profile) professional sport, because he was mentally fatigued.

:lol:

As I said, your "opinion" is about as credible as artman's takes on politics: Zero.
Dean Smith was told BY JORDAN in the summer leading up to the 1993 season that he was going to retire.

You are totally lost.

And yes, he played baseball because it was his dream, but more importantly, because he knew he could play like garbage (which he did-arguably the worst career in professional baseball history) without suffering blows to his real legacy, because no one had any expectation of him being successful.

It was basically a camp setting for him, with no stress and pressure.
Feel free to fast forward to the 7:50 mark when the man himself clears up the silly rumours, and confirms that he's retiring because he "reached the pinnacle of his career" and "doesn't have anything left to prove", a sentiment he repeated several times as well. Then move to the 10:50 mark and the man himself will tell you he is "not" retiring because of all the "pressure".

I'll wait for you to direct me to the part where Jordan said he was retiring because he was "mentally fatigued and burned out"... :lol: :roll: :L ... and no dummy, 3rd Party gossip doesn't trump the words spoken from the man himself.

:asskicking:

"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Post by Bush4Ever. »

"The man himself" said he (to Dean Smith and his father) he was retiring *before* the 1993 season. Directly.

Regarding the press conference, he immediately proved his own testimony dishonest by coming back in 1995, let alone in 2001.

People can....lie...or...misdirect...or even trick and fool themselves sometimes. Imagine that!

The fact that you can't immediately recognize his explanation was dishonest, *after* the fact, is honestly pretty scary.

This is how Hitler (or even modern progressives) gained power. Primarily on the backs of non-thinking NPCs, who turn to mass movements and charismatic men to cover up a lack of personal happiness and fulfillment in life.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:36 pm "The man himself" said he (to Dean Smith and his father) he was retiring *before* the 1993 season. Directly.

Regarding the press conference, he immediately proved his own testimony dishonest by coming back in 1995, let alone in 2001.

People can....lie...or...misdirect...or even trick and fool themselves sometimes. Imagine that!

The fact that you can't immediately recognize his explanation was dishonest, *after* the fact, is honestly pretty scary.

This is how Hitler (or even modern progressives) gained power. Primarily on the backs of non-thinking NPCs, who turn to mass movements and charismatic men to cover up a lack of personal happiness and fulfillment in life.
Still waiting for the part about Jordan retiring because he was "mentally fatigued and burned out", dummy.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

You can drape it any way you wish, either he QUIT or he was SUSPENDED
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Shill Jackson wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:08 pm You can drape it any way you wish, either he QUIT or he was SUSPENDED
Well he couldn't have been suspended if he was already planning on retiring nearly a year before the 93 season even started (according to 3rd Party sources) because his dad was killed in July of that year, so he must have "quit"... just like Magic, Favre, Gronk, Namath, Phelps, Lemieux, Howe, Clemens, Sandberg, Pettite and many other sports legends from every sport out there.

Now that that's been established, what's your point again?

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK is simply lying (again) about Jordan's retirement. The following are all *direct* quotes from Jordan:

I’m just so tired,” he told Greene during the 1992 Finals:

“I’m so tried that even when it comes time to push myself, I feel the tiredness. … Rest isn’t the answer. What I need to do is get away from basketball on the days between the games. That’s why I’ve been going out and playing golf. … On the golf course I can think about something other than basketball. It’s the only way I know of that I can get rid of the mental part of the tiredness. I just want to get my concentration up and get this over and done with.”

By the middle of the 1993 season, Jordan had decided that no matter the season’s outcome, he was hanging them up. He even told teammates.

“And not just one night,” he told Melissa Isaacson during his baseball retirement. “We’d have a couple of beers after the game and they’d be complaining about this or that, pointing fingers as they liked to do, and I’d say, ‘Man, you don’t know how good you have it. You watch, I’m not going to be around here much longer. I think this is going to be my last year.’ And they’d say, ‘Sure MJ, sure.’ … I kept saying it. Not once, not twice, but three or four times. I could sense they didn’t believe me.”

“​​From a mental aspect, I needed the time away,” he told Cheryl Raye-Stout in October 1995. “Now I’m back with a clear mind, with a different feeling, a different attitude, a different appetite. I want to get back to where I was.”

“I saw it all over the place — the Star, Globe, all those tabloids,” he told Isaacson. “They didn’t show any sympathy for a situation that was very emotional. Here I just lost my father, and they were trying to connect it to something that was totally irrelevant. I felt they were trying to get at me instead of giving him the peace he deserved.”

Humorous for other reasons related to the thread's participants:

“I’ve had dreams in which I’m an alcoholic,” he told Bob Greene in one of many conversations that resulted in Greene’s book Hang Time, published in October 1992, the start of the third championship season.

“I’m an alcoholic in the dream, and because of it, all the things I’ve worked so hard for will be taken away. I wake up numb after those dreams. Those are the kind of dreams when you want to make yourself wake up, because they trouble you so badly. In the dreams I’m making bad mistakes, and I’m not perfect, but I don’t know what to do about it because I might lose everything.”

From his father:
“He knows he’s in the fishbowl under the microscope, but you should have some movement that’s not guarded all the time. You just have to say, hey, this guy’s human. I mean, what is enough? … Pretty soon, when you keep tipping the bucket up, there’s not going to be anything in there after a while. You’re going to pour it all out. And that’s what we should start realizing as fans.”

— James Jordan on Michael, 1993

https://readjack.substack.com/p/im-just ... el-jordans

To be blunt, Jordan's *observable behavior* directly contradicted the "I have nothing left to prove" narrative. Like I said, why the hell would you come back not even two years later if you had already proven everything (which he hadn't anyway, he had fewer rings than Magic, a lack of an eightpeat like Russell, and wasn't even considered a runaway GOAT vs. Russell and Kareem)? I can't find an electronic version of this, but Jordan told Dean Smith going into the 1993 season that he needed to "hurry up" if he wanted to watch Jordan play a pro game in person, like he claimed he wanted to do (it comes from Dean Smith's book "A Coach's Life as well as Jordan's book "For the Love of the Game").

All this stuff is just icing on the cake. The fact that he came back in 1995 completely confirms the "he broke" hypothesis. And you know what? *It's understandable*. I wouldn't even count it as being shameful. But it did happen.

So now we have logic derived from observable behaviors, testimony from people close to Jordan, and multiple quotes from Jordan himself.

What more do we need?

The truth: Jordan broke circa 1993ish. He built himself up again. Came back and rose again to be crowned the best player of the 1990s and a top 10 player all-time. He did that. But the chain of events was rise--broken--rebuild--rise again, not rise---too cool for school---even more rising upwards.

Edit: lol lol lol
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

STILL waiting for the part where Jordan said he's retiring "because of" mental fatigue and burnout... again, your 'evidence' is all heresay... unless, of course, you believe the media doesn't lie, embellish and fabricate, only MJ did that during his press conference.

:lol: :roll: :L

Get that weak sauce outta here.

Jordan > LeFraud and there's nothing you can do to change that fact.

:asskicking:

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Toward the end of the sixth episode, Jordan opened up about how exhausted he was following the Bulls' victory over the Phoenix Suns in the 1993 NBA Finals.

"Physically I was exhausted, but mentally I was way past exhausted," he said, per ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "When you try to do something repetitively, you lose some of the hunger, and some of the edge."
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am Toward the end of the sixth episode, Jordan opened up about how exhausted he was following the Bulls' victory over the Phoenix Suns in the 1993 NBA Finals.

"Physically I was exhausted, but mentally I was way past exhausted," he said, per ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "When you try to do something repetitively, you lose some of the hunger, and some of the edge."
It doesn't matter. Jordan himself could tell TDK how much he needed the break, and TDK still wouldn't believe him.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Damn, I never knew Jordone was such a mental midget. Sad.

He would have never survived the social media era.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:28 am Damn, I never knew Jordone was such a mental midget. Sad.

He admitted he would have a hard time with social media. Of course, he was a degenerate gambler so he would have been crushed by social media.

And only women and Jordan constantly tell you how exhausted they are.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

AlaskaHawks wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:16 am Toward the end of the sixth episode, Jordan opened up about how exhausted he was following the Bulls' victory over the Phoenix Suns in the 1993 NBA Finals.

Still waiting for the part where Jordan said "I'm retiring due to mental fatigue and burnout". In fact, in the press conference he point-blank said he was not retiring because of the pressure.

Next

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Robceltsfan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:23 am

It doesn't matter. Jordan himself could tell TDK how much he needed the break, and TDK still wouldn't believe him.
But that's just it: Jordan himself did "not" say he was retiring because of mental fatigue and burnout... and gee Tennessee... if this is (allegedly) such a foregone conclusion why didn't Mike just come out and say it?

:noidea:

That's because it's not why he retired.

Oh there's no question he was feeling the strain of being the GOAT athlete to ever play a sport, but retiring "because" he somehow couldn't handle the presssure.

:lol:

Even you LeTots don't believe that...

Next

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:28 am Damn, I never knew Jordone was such a mental midget. Sad.

Based on what? No NBA player in the Social Media era can sniff Jordan's jock, and no player is as close to perfection on the court as was MJ... so no one in the last 20 years has drawn nearly as much attention AND likewise, there would have been nothing to criticize MJ about if he played in the Social Media era.

Think about it... there's the Orlando game where he screwed up by allowing Nick Anderson to steal the ball. Other than that there is no other flaw or black eye on his resume.

Keep trying little whippersnapper.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

lol at TDK.

Good grief.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

OMG it is mind boggling how much cognitive bias you walk around with TDK. It is just nuts. I said earlier you were 2-3 standard deviations away from the norm (which is already high as the average person has a lot of cognitive bias), but you are at the absolute tail end of the curve. It's crazy. You would make a very interesting psych experiment for graduate students. You really do think you are right on many of these contentions and you simply cannot see anything negative about MJ. It is just crazy.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Still waiting for the part where Jordan himself said he's retiring "because of" mental fatigue and burnout.

I guess I'll keep waiting while the rest of you chase your tail with 3rd Party gossip and heresay.

:L

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

TDK straight up clappin cheeks up ITT

:slapping:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

lettherebehouse wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:20 pm TDK straight up clappin cheeks up ITT

:slapping:
I'm surprised it took you this long. You don't usually wait this long to try and rescue one of the dumb kids.