Better career stats? Kareem or Jordan?

Talk about anything here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: Better career stats? Kareem or Jordan?

Post by AlaskaHawks »

King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote: You think Jordan had teammates most of his career comparable to the lakers?
I certainly didn't say that. I just said stop trying to downplay Jordans supporting cast. They were very very good.
Half his years in Chicago they weren't shit compared to what Kareem had. Jordan in the clutch offensively > Russell period.
Jordan only made it to the Finals in 6/15 of his years. He only made it when.... Guess what, he had great teammates.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote: You think Jordan had teammates most of his career comparable to the lakers?
I certainly didn't say that. I just said stop trying to downplay Jordans supporting cast. They were very very good.
Half his years in Chicago they weren't shit compared to what Kareem had. Jordan in the clutch offensively > Russell period.
Russell scored 30 with 40 boards in game 7 of the 1962 finals in a 2 point win. That clutch enough for you? In his last 15 years of bball (13 years NBA and 2 years at USF in NCAA), he won 13 titles. One of the years he didn't was 57 when he was injured in the finals. The other was his first year as player/coach.

Call it whatever you like, but at the end of the day, always winning is pretty damn clutch.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
Jordan only made it to the Finals in 6/15 of his years. He only made it when.... Guess what, he had great teammates.
lol @ counting his 40 year old years in Washington. He was in the finals almost 50% of his career in Chicago. How many players have been in the Finals almost 50% of their career after starting their career on a bottom of the dweller team from day 1?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

The year before Russell came to the Celtics they were first round losers. The year after Russell retired the Celtics went 34-48.

The 13 years in-between? ELEVEN RINGS.

Russ rests his case.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
Russell scored 30 with 40 boards in game 7 of the 1962 finals in a 2 point win. That clutch enough for you? In his last 15 years of bball (13 years NBA and 2 years at USF in NCAA), he won 13 titles. One of the years he didn't was 57 when he was injured in the finals. The other was his first year as player/coach.

Call it whatever you like, but at the end of the day, always winning is pretty damn clutch.
Winning does not mean one person is clutch.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote: Half his years in Chicago they weren't shit compared to what Kareem had. Jordan in the clutch offensively > Russell period.
lol @ counting his 40 year old years in Washington. He was in the finals almost 50% of his career in Chicago. How many players have been in the Finals almost 50% of their career after starting their career on a bottom of the dweller team from day 1?
So we eliminate his 2 stat padding years from the record books?

I'm down.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

I'm down.
Yeah his stat padding years that dropped all his averages down and his ppg down etc. lol, GTFO with that bullshit Hawks.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote: lol @ counting his 40 year old years in Washington. He was in the finals almost 50% of his career in Chicago. How many players have been in the Finals almost 50% of their career after starting their career on a bottom of the dweller team from day 1?

I'm down.
Yeah his stat padding years that dropped all his averages down and his ppg down etc. lol, GTFO with that bullshit Hawks.
You're the one who doesn't want to count them simply because it suits your agenda. I guess we should pick out a couple of Kareems last years as well, then?
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

I'm down.
You're the one who doesn't want to count them simply because it suits your agenda. I guess we should pick out a couple of Kareems last years as well, then?
You go ahead and do that. MJ > Kareem period. Doesn't matter if it's cherry picked or not.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote: Yeah his stat padding years that dropped all his averages down and his ppg down etc. lol, GTFO with that bullshit Hawks.
You go ahead and do that. MJ > Kareem period. Doesn't matter if it's cherry picked or not.
People who see most things in black and white aren't usually all that bright. Yes, you can make the case MJ is greater than KAJ. I actually believe that too, but there's no way in hell it's black and white and not a close call.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote: Yeah his stat padding years that dropped all his averages down and his ppg down etc. lol, GTFO with that bullshit Hawks.
You still don't understand what "career stats" means, So I'll cease this argument with you. If you decide to play by the rules, fine. If you want to cherry pick to prop up your hero, feel free. I don't care to waste any more time arguing with a brick wall.
Bill Russell

Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
People who see most things in black and white aren't usually all that bright. Yes, you can make the case MJ is greater than KAJ. I actually believe that too, but there's no way in hell it's black and white and not a close call.
Never said it was black and white or close. I do think it's close but MJ simply is the better overall player. Dude is the most clutch playoff performer ever.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
You still don't understand what "career stats" means, So I'll cease this argument with you. If you decide to play by the rules, fine. If you want to cherry pick to prop up your hero, feel free. I don't care to waste any more time arguing with a brick wall.
are you trying to be dumb? How the fuck do you think I don't know what career stats means. It's pretty fucking common sense.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote: Yeah MJ is definitely GOAT. It's slightly debatable but not much. MJ had a biggest impact on his team than them. They had much better teammates around him. MJ has better career averages also. Russell was a good defensive player but nothing remotely close to MJ offensively and neither have the clutch factor that MJ did.
LOL. This is laughably homeristic.

Russell on Defense > Jordan on Offense.

And stop playing like Jordan didn't have great teammates. They won 50+ the year Jordan quit/was suspended on them.
You think Jordan had teammates most of his career comparable to the lakers?
AlaskaHawks wrote:
King Deez wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

I'm down.
Actually it would be better to not count Wilt Chamberlain later years and he would be the real scoring champ
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

I posted this back on Page 15 and it "should have" ended this thread:

Jordan accomplished more in 13 full seasons than Jabbar accomplished in 20.

//end thread.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:I posted this back on Page 15 and it "should have" ended this thread:

//end thread.
Checked pages 14-16 and you don't have a post on any of those.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:I posted this back on Page 15 and it "should have" ended this thread:

//end thread.
Check again, old-man... only put your glasses on this time.

:L

BTW, ROFL at you actually scrolling through 3 pages of posts JUST to try and get-one-over on TDK... and who says I don't own your mind?

:noidea:
:asskicking:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

//end thread.

BTW, ROFL at you actually scrolling through 3 pages of posts JUST to try and get-one-over on TDK... and who says I don't own your mind?

Silly me. I was actually looking for a post with an argument not just a baseless assertion.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Silly me. I was actually looking for a post with an argument not just a baseless assertion.
That's okay Grizz... we all make mistakes, even assholes like you.

:lol:

That aside, I provided a FACTUAL argument: Jordan accomplished more in 13 full seasons than Jabbar accomplished in 20.

Prove me wrong...

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Check again, old-man... only put your glasses on this time.

That's okay Grizz... we all make mistakes, even assholes like you.

:lol:

That aside, I provided a FACTUAL argument: Jordan accomplished more in 13 full seasons than Jabbar accomplished in 20.

Prove me wrong...
You made the assertion. Back it up.