Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by Repeat3peat »

Madnessssss wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I disagree. It's kike asking which stock is worth more now, the future projections and the past earnings the stock produced has zero to do with current value
With the game on the line and your team is on offnese, who would you rather have the ball? LeBron or Curry?
Curry no question. Can pull up from anywhere or make a pass.

And if he gets fouled and sent to the line you don't have to worry about him LeBrickin' shit up.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Thedictator wrote:Part of offense also is scoring at the end of the game and 4th quarter points...lebron is 2nd in that category...you know when the game is on the line...
And Curry was number 1 or 2(cant remember) in that category last year. He also led the NBA in go ahead or game tying shots in the 4th quarter or overtime last year as well.

Anyways. I don't get this thread. Lebron>>>>>Curry and that's just the way it is. There isn't a bigger curry fan than me, but i'm just telling it like it is.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

876Stephen wrote:This thread

:biggums:
did you comment on it yet?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

876Stephen wrote:
Thedictator wrote:Part of offense also is scoring at the end of the game and 4th quarter points...lebron is 2nd in that category...you know when the game is on the line...
And Curry was number 1 or 2(cant remember) in that category last year. He also led the NBA in go ahead or game tying shots in the 4th quarter or overtime last year as well.

Anyways. I don't get this thread. Lebron>>>>>Curry and that's just the way it is. There isn't a bigger curry fan than me, but i'm just telling it like it is.
Sigh, sadly Riley's fillabuster has worked if you think anyone (other then madness) thinks curry > lebron
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

Sigh, sadly Riley's fillabuster has worked if you think anyone (other then madness) thinks curry > lebron
Simply too much dancing by you and Rtiff.

LeBron is better than Curry offensively. Rtiff's homerism and your white knighting will not change that.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I disagree. It's kike asking which stock is worth more now, the future projections and the past earnings the stock produced has zero to do with current value
Lebron probably had 1 of his worst offensive seasons and we can still make an argument that it was on par or better or maybe a little worse than Curry...doesn't that say enough right there on who is better offensively....If lebron on his worst days is as good as curry on his best...
I don't think an argument can be made that lebron had a better season offensively, you could argue that he is better offensively but because of lots of factors this year he had a down year and may regain form, but there is very very little going for any argument that lebron was better offensively this year. You're welcome to try to change my mind though since you're a bit more reasonable, just don't include excuses like change of team/coach/etc, instead prove how lebron was better offensively this year
The problem with everyone here is that there is a stat that can't be judged...lebron is more imposing on offensive, more dominant, more physical....it doesn't show it in a % stats but it leads to more double teams and open shots offensively for other guys hence bosh had such a good fg% playing with lebron....Lebron is dominant in the 4th quarter and just tied jordan for game winning buzzer beaters....Listen i am sure curry might have a higher fg% this year but that doesn't make him better offensively than lebron...i would use the same argument comparing him with kobe to a point...just because you might have a slightly better % in a certain area still doesn't make you better offensively
Last edited by Thedictator on Sun May 17, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Lebron probably had 1 of his worst offensive seasons and we can still make an argument that it was on par or better or maybe a little worse than Curry...doesn't that say enough right there on who is better offensively....If lebron on his worst days is as good as curry on his best...
I don't think an argument can be made that lebron had a better season offensively, you could argue that he is better offensively but because of lots of factors this year he had a down year and may regain form, but there is very very little going for any argument that lebron was better offensively this year. You're welcome to try to change my mind though since you're a bit more reasonable, just don't include excuses like change of team/coach/etc, instead prove how lebron was better offensively this year
The problem with everyone here is that there is a stat that can't be judged...lebron is more imposing on offensive, more dominant, more physical....it doesn't show it in a % stats but it leads to more double teams and open shots offensively for other guys hence bosh had such a good fg% playing with lebron....Lebron is dominant in the 4th quarter and just tied jordan for game winning buzzer beaters....Listen i am sure curry might have a higher fg% this year but that doesn't make him better offensively than lebron...i would use the same argument comparing him with kobe to a point...just because you might have a slightly better % in a certain area still doesn't make you better
Oh no, Rtiff said Curry's biggest advantage over LeBron is his presence on the court lol, and Wailau agreed with him.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I don't think an argument can be made that lebron had a better season offensively, you could argue that he is better offensively but because of lots of factors this year he had a down year and may regain form, but there is very very little going for any argument that lebron was better offensively this year. You're welcome to try to change my mind though since you're a bit more reasonable, just don't include excuses like change of team/coach/etc, instead prove how lebron was better offensively this year
The problem with everyone here is that there is a stat that can't be judged...lebron is more imposing on offensive, more dominant, more physical....it doesn't show it in a % stats but it leads to more double teams and open shots offensively for other guys hence bosh had such a good fg% playing with lebron....Lebron is dominant in the 4th quarter and just tied jordan for game winning buzzer beaters....Listen i am sure curry might have a higher fg% this year but that doesn't make him better offensively than lebron...i would use the same argument comparing him with kobe to a point...just because you might have a slightly better % in a certain area still doesn't make you better
Oh no, Rtiff said Curry's biggest advantage over LeBron is his presence on the court lol, and Wailau agreed with him.
...and I stated my reasoning, which is backed up by statistical fact.

You, on the other hand, simply said "lol." LeBron is a better individual scorer, Curry has a greater impact upon the opposing team's defense.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Let me just remind you that a team starting curry, klay, Barnes, Draymond, and bogut was too 4 in points in the paint this year, and not a single one of those guys could be mistaken for s good post up player. Why do you think this is? Could it be because you have to guard curry the second he crosses half court, because as soon as he goes around the screen both defenders have to hedge him out because he will let it fly from anywhere you give him space? I'd argue that there isn't a single player in the league that draws more defensive attention away from the basket then curry
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Curry prob has a higher fg% and 3pt% than jordan...doesn't make him in any way better than jordan on offense....so in conclusion no you can't claim curry was better offensivley...but like rftt said you can conclude overall that lebron is better

Now if we are talking better 3pt shooter i will give you that one....
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Madnessssss wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I don't think an argument can be made that lebron had a better season offensively, you could argue that he is better offensively but because of lots of factors this year he had a down year and may regain form, but there is very very little going for any argument that lebron was better offensively this year. You're welcome to try to change my mind though since you're a bit more reasonable, just don't include excuses like change of team/coach/etc, instead prove how lebron was better offensively this year
The problem with everyone here is that there is a stat that can't be judged...lebron is more imposing on offensive, more dominant, more physical....it doesn't show it in a % stats but it leads to more double teams and open shots offensively for other guys hence bosh had such a good fg% playing with lebron....Lebron is dominant in the 4th quarter and just tied jordan for game winning buzzer beaters....Listen i am sure curry might have a higher fg% this year but that doesn't make him better offensively than lebron...i would use the same argument comparing him with kobe to a point...just because you might have a slightly better % in a certain area still doesn't make you better offensively
i disagree. Lebron draws less double teams than past superstars due to his limited range. Curry requires a double team from anywhere within half court. So did Kobe back in the day. Lebron almost always faces single coverage from distance and then extra defenders in the paint when he drives.
Exactly, the way you defend them is completely opposite. With lebron, all help defenders, and on ball, have to sag off and defend the paint, basically daring lebron to shoot from distance. Do you think any team is stupid enough to sag off curry?
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Let me just remind you that a team starting curry, klay, Barnes, Draymond, and bogut was too 4 in points in the paint this year, and not a single one of those guys could be mistaken for s good post up player. Why do you think this is? Could it be because you have to guard curry the second he crosses half court, because as soon as he goes around the screen both defenders have to hedge him out because he will let it fly from anywhere you give him space? I'd argue that there isn't a single player in the league that draws more defensive attention away from the basket then curry
I don't think an argument can be made to go against that.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Thedictator wrote:

You, on the other hand, simply said "lol." LeBron is a better individual scorer, Curry has a greater impact upon the opposing team's defense.
Backed up by statistical fact lol...
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

elmouse03 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Durant maybe
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

elmouse03 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Which opens up all those nice driving lanes for guys with poor handles (Barnes, klay, and Draymond) to slash to the basket and not have to handle the ball
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
i disagree. Lebron draws less double teams than past superstars due to his limited range. Curry requires a double team from anywhere within half court. So did Kobe back in the day. Lebron almost always faces single coverage from distance and then extra defenders in the paint when he drives.
Exactly, the way you defend them is completely opposite. With lebron, all help defenders, and on ball, have to sag off and defend the paint, basically daring lebron to shoot from distance. Do you think any team is stupid enough to sag off curry?
Lebron is basically almost a 40% 3 pt shooter for the last 4 years...and then also dominate going to the hoop...his fg% was damn near 60% the last few years...daring lebron to shoot is pretty stupid...but you have to pick one and a layup is always a higher % shot than a 3
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: i disagree. Lebron draws less double teams than past superstars due to his limited range. Curry requires a double team from anywhere within half court. So did Kobe back in the day. Lebron almost always faces single coverage from distance and then extra defenders in the paint when he drives.
Lebron is basically almost a 40% 3 pt shooter for the last 4 years...and then also dominate going to the hoop...his fg% was damn near 60% the last few years...daring lebron to shoot is pretty stupid...but you have to pick one and a layup is always a higher % shot than a 3
Teams pack the paint and try to force him to take jumpers, are you actually disagreeing with that?

Edit: lebron shot 40% once from three, this year he was down at 35%
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

wailuaFC wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Let me just remind you that a team starting curry, klay, Barnes, Draymond, and bogut was too 4 in points in the paint this year, and not a single one of those guys could be mistaken for s good post up player. Why do you think this is? Could it be because you have to guard curry the second he crosses half court, because as soon as he goes around the screen both defenders have to hedge him out because he will let it fly from anywhere you give him space? I'd argue that there isn't a single player in the league that draws more defensive attention away from the basket then curry
Which opens up all those nice driving lanes for guys with poor handles (Barnes, klay, and Draymond) to slash to the basket and not have to handle the ball
Imagine what Curry's scoring would look like if he had somebody who can score in the post consistently.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Backed up by statistical fact lol...
You see riley, that's how arguments work. You explain your reasoning (which I did pages ago) in detail, and then you back up said reasoning with objective data (statistics, in this case).

Here's how arguments don't work: creating straw men-- i.e. things that individual you're conversing with never said (I think counted at least 5 by you in this thread, and I've repeated them multiple times), responding simply by saying "lol," and writing wildly inaccurate summaries of events.

What's next up for rileymartin, revisionist historian, by the way?

-"How the Germans and the Japanese won World War 2?"

-"How Mitt Romney defeated Barack Obama in the last presidential election?"

-"How LeBron James re-signed with the Miami Heat last offseason and lead them to their 5th straight ECF?"

Just curious. After this thread, I doubt your reading comprehension but I don't doubt your creativity.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Exactly, the way you defend them is completely opposite. With lebron, all help defenders, and on ball, have to sag off and defend the paint, basically daring lebron to shoot from distance. Do you think any team is stupid enough to sag off curry?
Teams pack the paint and try to force him to take jumpers, are you actually disagreeing with that?
No, i'm just pointing out that lebron is dominate from almost everywhere on the court hence better offensively...curry is a better 3pt% but lebron is so much better in almost all other areas of the court...hence lebron has the higher fg%...and lebron isn't that much worse of a 3pt shooter where there is a big difference...