Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Talk about anything here.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by rtiff68 »

I also want to reiterate that I said "a reasonable argument could be made that Curry is currently the better offensive player." As in, you could make an argument for Steph, and you could make an argument for LeBron.

Riley asking me that question on Page 16 is unbelievable. He's either trolling (and if so, bravo-- 16 pages is very impressive), not reading anything people are posting in response to him, or he has some extreme comprehension issues.

Again, riley: go back and read. Shit, fuck the whole thread, read the first page!

You know what? scratch that. I'll make it even easier for you. Copy and pasted, here is my first post in this thread on Page 1. I have never deviated from this post at any point in this thread...

I think a reasonable argument could be made for Steph being the better offensive player, but that's about it. Steph has made himself into an average defensive player overall and an excellent pick-pocket, but LeBron has the ability to impact the game tremendously on the defensive side of the ball (guarding 1-4 if need be).

Overall, LeBron is definitely the better player, and still the best player in the league.

Now read all of your questions directed towards me the past couple of pages.

Still think that people are "white knighting" me because they don't like you?

:L
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Riley's stamina and determination itt should be applauded.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Riley's stamina and determination itt should be applauded.
:clap: for riley as well as madness on making this thread
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Repeat3peat wrote:Noah has been the better defender carreer wise, and was the reigning DPOY.....does that mean he is/was a "better defender" this year than say.....Draymond Green...? of course not, Green has surpassed him as of now.

That said....

Curry was the better offensive player this season.....therefore, by definition, is currently the better offensive player..... and has surpassed Bronze. The onus is now on Bronze to "retake" being the better offensive player next season....until that happens....Curry is the better offensive player. Period. Who has had the better "career" so far offensively is an entirely different argument and irrelevant to what rtiff and Wally are stating.
Wrong, it's called an anomaly...for example a stock could return you 20% a year for years while a loser stock may only return you 2-3%...just because it may have a 1 time spike, it is still below the total performance and returns of said other stock therefore in no way surpassing anything in any way....
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Thedictator wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:Noah has been the better defender carreer wise, and was the reigning DPOY.....does that mean he is/was a "better defender" this year than say.....Draymond Green...? of course not, Green has surpassed him as of now.

That said....

Curry was the better offensive player this season.....therefore, by definition, is currently the better offensive player..... and has surpassed Bronze. The onus is now on Bronze to "retake" being the better offensive player next season....until that happens....Curry is the better offensive player. Period. Who has had the better "career" so far offensively is an entirely different argument and irrelevant to what rtiff and Wally are stating.
Wrong, it's called an anomaly...for example a stock could return you 20% a year for years while a loser stock may only return you 2-3%...just because it may have a 1 time spike, it is still below the total performance and returns of said other stock therefore in no way surpassing anything in any way....
:steph:

Nope. it isn't an anomaly until proven so....Bronze will have to do so next year. As of now Steph is on the uptick and surpassed Bronze.....who is on the down swing.

:obama:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:I also want to reiterate that I said "a reasonable argument could be made that Curry is currently the better offensive player." As in, you could make an argument for Steph, and you could make an argument for LeBron.

Riley asking me that question on Page 16 is unbelievable. He's either trolling (and if so, bravo-- 16 pages is very impressive), not reading anything people are posting in response to him, or he has some extreme comprehension issues.

Again, riley: go back and read. Shit, fuck the whole thread, read the first page!

You know what? scratch that. I'll make it even easier for you. Copy and pasted, here is my first post in this thread on Page 1. I have never deviated from this post at any point in this thread...

I think a reasonable argument could be made for Steph being the better offensive player, but that's about it. Steph has made himself into an average defensive player overall and an excellent pick-pocket, but LeBron has the ability to impact the game tremendously on the defensive side of the ball (guarding 1-4 if need be).

Overall, LeBron is definitely the better player, and still the best player in the league.

Now read all of your questions directed towards me the past couple of pages.

Still think that people are "white knighting" me because they don't like you?

:L
More dancing.

Do you agree with this statement...Curry had better stats, but LeBron is still better offensively?

Why do you keep hiding behind your ambiguity. Answer the very simple question.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Madnessssss wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:Curry is more unguardable and has more winning impact. Look at that roster and looking at 67 wins and headed to WCF with rookie coach. Case closed.
While I disagree, at least you aren't afraid of simply stating your opinion instead of dancing around like a monkey for 16 pages.
i disagree with you AND i disagree with wailua and rtiff, who disagree with you but are taking a soft approach and are still on lebrons nuts in a way just because he's a bigger black guy
Not really. Fuck LeBron. However, he is still the most dangerous weapon in the NBA. I don't care how great a shooter Curry is.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:

That said....

I disagree. It's kike asking which stock is worth more now, the future projections and the past earnings the stock produced has zero to do with current value
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Offense consists of

-rebounding
-assisting
-shooting percentage
-points scored

Why don't you gentlemen post the stats for James and Curry in those areas and start from there.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:

That said....

I disagree. It's kike asking which stock is worth more now, the future projections and the past earnings the stock produced has zero to do with current value
With the game on the line and your team is on offnese, who would you rather have the ball? LeBron or Curry?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:Offense consists of

-rebounding
-assisting
-shooting percentage
-points scored

Why don't you gentlemen post the stats for James and Curry in those areas and start from there.
We have done that.

As I have said, Curry's numbers are probably a little better than LeBron's this season, but overall, LeBron is still the better offensive player. He has proven that over the course of many seasons. Curry having one very goos season doesn't change that. He still has A LOT to prove.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:

That said....

Lebron probably had 1 of his worst offensive seasons and we can still make an argument that it was on par or better or maybe a little worse than Curry...doesn't that say enough right there on who is better offensively....If lebron on his worst days is as good as curry on his best...

Lebron was hurt for most of the year this year, but it's cute how you try to put a lot of stock in 1 year to draw a conclusion...and even then it doesn't really prove your point
Last edited by Thedictator on Sun May 17, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Madnessssss wrote:

-rebounding
-assisting
-shooting percentage
-points scored

why not include 3 point percentage, free throw percentage, points per shot, and adjust for minutes? Because it doesn't support what you want to believe?

My bad...Those should be included....

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Lebron probably had 1 of his worst offensive seasons and we can still make an argument that it was on par or better or maybe a little worse than Curry...doesn't that say enough right there on who is better offensively....If lebron on his worst days is as good as curry on his best...
Expect alot of dancing and ambiguity with this statement.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Madnessssss wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

-rebounding
-assisting
-shooting percentage
-points scored

We have done that.

As I have said, Curry's numbers are probably a little better than LeBron's this season, but overall, LeBron is still the better offensive player. He has proven that over the course of many seasons. Curry having one very goos season doesn't change that. He still has A LOT to prove.
This is Curry's 3rd spectacular season in a row. The only difference is really just more usage and shots. He already broke Ray Allens 3 point record 3 years ago at a higher fg%/less attempts. Prime Ray Allen was a superstar, and Curry was a significantly better shooter, ball handler, passer than him 3 years ago.
If we compare the two, Curry's best season would rank 11th behind LeBron's best seasons. It is very lopsided actually.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

I just checked...

Steph Curry has a higher TS...

Carry on...

I want to focus on the Clipps game.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
I don't think an argument can be made that lebron had a better season offensively, you could argue that he is better offensively but because of lots of factors this year he had a down year and may regain form, but there is very very little going for any argument that lebron was better offensively this year. You're welcome to try to change my mind though since you're a bit more reasonable, just don't include excuses like change of team/coach/etc, instead prove how lebron was better offensively this year
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:I just checked...

Steph Curry has a higher TS...

Carry on...

I want to focus on the Clipps game.
TS% is l3bron's thing
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Part of offense also is scoring at the end of the game and 4th quarter points...lebron is 2nd in that category...you know when the game is on the line...
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

This thread

:biggums: