2018 World Cup Thread + Predictions Game

Talk about anything here.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Re: 2018 World Cup Thread + Predictions Game

Post by somberbostonian »

lettherebehouse wrote:
somberbostonian wrote:FINAL: 4-2 France

Major tournament finals tend to be cautious and conservative, but this one had a hell of a lot going on. Valiant effort from Croatia after all the extra time minutes they played coming into this game, but France was too much. Even with the World Cup defending champions' curse in mind, this team is young enough to be a problem four years from now too.

Thanks for all your insight/commentary. I can honestly say everything I now know about soccer is 99.9% from your posts lol.

:nashpoint:
I came in not knowing what it would be like to watch a World Cup as a neutral, but this one surprisingly surpassed my expectations lol. Qatar 2022 in the desert, USA 2026 with 48 teams. This is the last traditional World Cup in our lifetimes, so at least it went out on a high.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

Country with half the population of NYC making the final doesn't happen too often. This is the best shot for Croatia's golden generation and who knows when they'll field a team this great again. At least Mbappe getting that World Cup title out of the way at age 19 means we won't have a superstar player having that held over his head for his entire career. (pinnacle team accomplishment is Champions League, anyway)
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Congrats to Gas for winning with 11

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**