Talk about anything here.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Bartman wrote:

I wasn't saying that Curry SHOULD be considered better but I said MOST would consider him better. The media always hypes the latest great and with a few rings Curry would be majorly overhyped, much like he is being overhyped in this thread.
I can see that, much like everyone having dirk top 10 a few years ago. I still think curry was the better offensive player this year, but he wasn't better then lebron nor am I saying he will be later in his career, though that's a safe bet to make
Lebron is just a difference maker...look at teams with him vs without him...currys gs warriors would still be okay even if he wasn't playing
No they wouldn't, they rank damn near the bottom of the league in offense once curry leaves the court. But yes lebron is a huge difference maker who I would choose over curry this year
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I can see that, much like everyone having dirk top 10 a few years ago. I still think curry was the better offensive player this year, but he wasn't better then lebron nor am I saying he will be later in his career, though that's a safe bet to make
Lebron is just a difference maker...look at teams with him vs without him...currys gs warriors would still be okay even if he wasn't playing
No they wouldn't, they rank damn near the bottom of the league in offense once curry leaves the court. But yes lebron is a huge difference maker who I would choose over curry this year
When curry doesn't play or when he is out the entire game? Because when curry goes out the other starters hit the bench as well so that stat can be misleading...if you are talking an entire game then it's different.

I was looking at defense rating and offensive rating of the other players on GS and 2 of them are damn near the same offensive rating as curry...and they would still have the top rated defense....
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

rtiff68 wrote:
Bartman wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
You know your argument is weak when the board contrarian is the only person agreeing with you.

Batman literally disagrees with people just for the sake of disagreeing with people. It's his trolling schtick.

I like him a lot better when he just talks hoops.

Attacking my character to boost your image is a sign that you should throw in the towel and concede the victory to Riley. It's over buddy. I like that you put up a good fight but it is over now.
Attack your character?

I said I like you better when you talk hoops, which is true.

I also said that you often disagree with people just for the sake of disagreeing-- something you have admitted to in the past (how much you enjoy arguing).

Are you disagreeing with the notion that you're a contrarian?
I don't agree with that contrarian label. I'm aware of the irony of disagreeing with you but it is just label slapped on me because guys like Wailua had nothing else to come back with. I like to argue but that is pretty much everyone on this board.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:Riley give it up.
Give what up?

I get it that you and Rtiff are buddies, and you felt compelled to white knight him because I exposed him, but you saw all of my posts.

I have mantained the same thing throughout the thread. Curry had better stats this year offensively, but he still isnt better ogffensively than LeBron.
Rtiff, because of the homer he is disagrees, but he is using wordplay to mask that. He continues to be ambiguous because he is trying to save his credibility.
He wants desperately to just say yes, he thinks Curry has surpassed LeBron, but he cant because he knows how badly it make him look. He should have been honest from the get go instead of playing the silly games. I exposed him, but that is OK because you and many others will continue the white knighting to save him.

No matter what, at the end of the day, I rebumped all of my threads to prove my consistency in posting. MeanwhileRtiff will still talk in circles, continue to ambiguous, and continue to exposed by a superior poster.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
When curry doesn't play or when he is out the entire game? Because when curry goes out the other starters hit the bench as well so that stat can be misleading...if you are talking an entire game then it's different.

I was looking at defense rating and offensive rating of the other players on GS and 2 of them are damn near the same offensive rating as curry...and they would still have the top rated defense....
Serious question, why do you keep bringing up defense or overall impact, I'm pretty sure I've been stupidly clear with my stance
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
Give what up?

I get it that you and Rtiff are buddies, and you felt compelled to white knight him because I exposed him, but you saw all of my posts.

I have mantained the same thing throughout the thread. Curry had better stats this year offensively, but he still isnt better ogffensively than LeBron.
Rtiff, because of the homer he is disagrees, but he is using wordplay to mask that. He continues to be ambiguous because he is trying to save his credibility.
He wants desperately to just say yes, he thinks Curry has surpassed LeBron, but he cant because he knows how badly it make him look. He should have been honest from the get go instead of playing the silly games. I exposed him, but that is OK because you and many others will continue the white knighting to save him.

No matter what, at the end of the day, I rebumped all of my threads to prove my consistency in posting. MeanwhileRtiff will still talk in circles, continue to ambiguous, and continue to exposed by a superior poster.
You should just reread the thread
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Madnessssss wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: No they wouldn't, they rank damn near the bottom of the league in offense once curry leaves the court. But yes lebron is a huge difference maker who I would choose over curry this year

Cavs have a poor record with Lebron and without Irving. I think curry is an even bigger difference maker than Lebron this year. They don't make the playoffs without him. Lebron has better teammates than curry and curry won way more games and imo will win it all vs Lebron.
If Curry beats lebron in the finals then this thread will be nonstop even more. Might take over the kareem vs jordan thread
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: No they wouldn't, they rank damn near the bottom of the league in offense once curry leaves the court. But yes lebron is a huge difference maker who I would choose over curry this year

Serious question, why do you keep bringing up defense or overall impact, I'm pretty sure I've been stupidly clear with my stance
Because we were comparing how the teams would fair without each, so it is important
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Give what up?

Good looking out for your boy.

Maybe you should reread. Curry had better stats. LeBron is still better. When did I waver from that lol?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Bartman wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Bartman wrote:

Attacking my character to boost your image is a sign that you should throw in the towel and concede the victory to Riley. It's over buddy. I like that you put up a good fight but it is over now.
Attack your character?

I also said that you often disagree with people just for the sake of disagreeing-- something you have admitted to in the past (how much you enjoy arguing).

I don't agree with that contrarian label. I'm aware of the irony of disagreeing with you but it is just label slapped on me because guys like Wailua had nothing else to come back with. I like to argue but that is pretty much everyone on this board.
You give me way too much credit, when was the last time I called you the board contrarian?
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Madnessssss wrote:
Thedictator wrote:

Cavs have a poor record with Lebron and without Irving. I think curry is an even bigger difference maker than Lebron this year. They don't make the playoffs without him. Lebron has better teammates than curry and curry won way more games and imo will win it all vs Lebron.
Curry also happens to be 26....and not missing his 2nd best player and other best player with an injury....i don't think you could draw any conclusions from this year...in fact if lebron won it would be even that much more impressive
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Bartman wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Bartman wrote:

Attack your character?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that you were trolling and simply being a contrarian.

If you truly believe that riley "won" this debate (or has even made sense), and that I'm "the biggest homer on the board," then consider me very surprised.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Give what up?

So let me ask you a simple question Wailau, what do you think my stance in this thread has been, and what has Rtiff's stance been?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Give what up?

Maybe you should reread. Curry had better stats. LeBron is still better. When did I waver from that lol?
Feel free to find somewhere where either rtiff or I said curry was better then lebron, not statistically or offensively, but overall better
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
Bartman wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Attack your character?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming that you were trolling and simply being a contrarian.

If you truly believe that riley "won" this debate (or has even made sense), and that I'm "the biggest homer on the board," then consider me very surprised.
We both simply arrived at the same conclusion. It took me a while to swing you, but you came around. Nobody won really.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: You should just reread the thread

Feel free to find somewhere where either rtiff or I said curry was better then lebron, not statistically or offensively, but overall better
Feel free to find somewhere where i said Curry didn't have better stats this year.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Madnessssss wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: Cavs have a poor record with Lebron and without Irving. I think curry is an even bigger difference maker than Lebron this year. They don't make the playoffs without him. Lebron has better teammates than curry and curry won way more games and imo will win it all vs Lebron.
Curry also happens to be 26....and not missing his 2nd best player and other best player with an injury....i don't think you could draw any conclusions from this year...in fact if lebron won it would be even that much more impressive
love and irving current injuries happened in the playoffs, not regular season.
This is the 1st year for the cavs as a brand new team....with mid season trades...and they still won 53 games and went like 14-1 vs the west in the 2nd half of the season....
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Feel free to find somewhere where i said Curry didn't have better stats this year.
The first page in this thread.

"LeBron is a better offensive player. Not only do the stats bear that out, but watch a game"

After I showed you that the stats showed the opposite, you still disagreed for multiple posts before finally conceding.

I also like how you claimed to have "made me admit that LeBron was the better player overall," and I responded by simply referring you back to the same Page in this thread...Page 1...

...where I explicitly stated that LeBron is the better overall.

Like Wailua said, you need to re-read this thread.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

The difference is I've never argued that you said something you didn't whereas this entire time you've gone about inventing arguments that rtiff and I have supposedly been using, ie creating strawmen.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Feel free to find somewhere where either rtiff or I said curry was better then lebron, not statistically or offensively, but overall better
The first page in this thread.

"LeBron is a better offensive player. Not only do the stats bear that out, but watch a game"

After I showed you that the stats showed the opposite, you still disagreed for multiple posts before finally conceding.

I also like how you claimed to have "made me admit that LeBron was the better player overall," and I responded by simply referring you back to the same Page in this thread...Page 1...

...where I explicitly stated that LeBron is the better overall.

Like Wailua said, you need to re-read this thread.
I was speaking in terms of career and overall. Since you decided to switch gears and start posting in a vacuum,I conceded that "this season" Curry had better stats. However, just like I said on page one, LeBron is the better offensive player than Curry.
You agree with that correct?