Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
That last statement is actually misleading. The only thing one could "reasonably" say is that Curry may have had a better offensive season THIS YEAR.

The reality is, LeBron's had had 10 seasons in which he BLOWS away Curry's best season, and, he had had 10 seasons in which Curry will NEVER match.
You can write off LeBron if you want to. He is still the best player in the NBA, he is still better than Curry, and one season doesn't change that.
What in God's name is misleading about it? How much more clear could that statement possibly be? Here it is again:

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron."

...and after calling you out for creating straw men twice, you decide to create another one?

"You can write off LeBron if you want to..."

When the fuck did I say anything that would you lead you to believe that I am writing off LeBron James? What the fuck are you even talking about?
Saying that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron is simply not true. He had a better season statistically, but one season doesnt make facts.
Page 3
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Madnessssss wrote:
Bartman wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:It's so cute how Riley is still delusional when it comes to LeBron. Well, that, and it's clear he can't read well/comprehend. Nor can he write summaries.

When backed into a corner about who was better offensively this year, he busts out the "yeah but LeBrons PAST seasons were better than THIS year for Curry. Like that bull shit even makes sense.

That's a hard core Mancrush on a man who has already forgotten about Miami.

Enjoy your day, kiddo. Get some air, walk this one off. Come back and try not to be so retarded when you do. Or you could just have another meltdown, whatever suits you.

Curry >>>>>>> Prime Kobe
fail

Stealing Artman's lines, not a good look for you.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
I have a very simple question for you. Do you think that Curry's season this year would crack any of LeBron's top 10 seasons?
That's not what he's arguing, that's never been in question. Why do you keep trying to bring this up when it has zero relevance of who is currently a better offensive player?
It is quite relevant. Saying that Curry had better stats this season, and saying he is currently better offensively is 2 different things.
LeBron is still better than Curry despite what the stats say.
Page 4
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
It is quite relevant. Saying that Curry had better stats this season, and saying he is currently better offensively is 2 different things.
LeBron is still better than Curry despite what the stats say.
1) he said it could be argued that curry was better and it could be argued that lebron is, that is factually true.
2) saying curry had better stats is factually true.
3) lebrons past play has zero relevance with his current play

This has all been laid out many many times for you
I have already conceded manty times that statistically speaking Curry had the better year.

But, on the basketball court, in a real game, LeBron is a better offensive player than Curry. Although statistically speaking LeBron has proven this by far throughout his career, statistics aren't always the end all.
I get it that Rtff is your buddy and you are desperately trying to help him, but, even you know better than to say Curry is better than LeBron lol. It simply isn't true.
Page 4
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
the problem is the Wauila is just sticking up for his buddy instead of using his head.

If I had to guess, he agrees that LeBron is still better, but his hate for LeBron makes it easy to white knight.
I think lebron is a better overall player then curry, but I think curry was better offensively this year
Ok, I got no problem with that statement. He probably was better than LeBron statistically this season. But I don't think he has overtaken him yet.
Page 5
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Madnessssss wrote:
Bartman wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: fail

Stealing Artman's lines, not a good look for you.
he's the first and only to use that

He owns it now.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
B.

Not sure why anything I've typed in this thread would you lead you to believe otherwise.
...and, after all of this nonsense, you're FINALLY agreeing to 2 things after fighting them relentlessly this whole thread:

1) Curry had the better offensive season this year statistically.

2) Curry had the better year offensively this season (something Is imply said was debatable).
This is what I wrote all the way back on page 3, and you finally agreed with me on page 6 lol...

"That last statement is actually misleading. The only thing one could "reasonably" say is that Curry may have had a better offensive season THIS YEAR.

The reality is, LeBron's had had 10 seasons in which he BLOWS away Curry's best season, and, he had had 10 seasons in which Curry will NEVER match.
You can write off LeBron if you want to. He is still the best player in the NBA, he is still better than Curry, and one season doesn't change that."

Glad you finally came to your senses.
Page 6
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Do you think that LeBron going to a new team, learning how to play together, then a major roster reshuffle again at midseason, maybe a little fatigue, some injury issues, trying to find the right balance with Kyrie and maybe a few other things affected LeBron's performance, or do you think he will slide further into "decline"?
I think he will be much more LeBron like next season.
It very well could have, we will have to wait and see whether it was all those factors or something else
No arguement from me.
Page 6
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Now, show me again Rtiff where I said that throughout this thread that LeBron had the better season?

You shouldn't drink so much.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I just bumped my posts, and they all show me saying that Curry had the better season. Apperantly, you think that it can only be argued that Curry was better, and that it isn't a foregone conclusion.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Where is a white knight when you need one lol.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

:pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2:
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bartman wrote::pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2: :pop2:
Fuck off Bartman. :lol: :lol: Damn, I feel better.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I just pulled up all my arguments, and yet Rtiff still wants to pretend like he wasn't just s drunk homer last night. I conceded throught this thread that Curry had the better season lol.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

rileymartin wrote:
I just pulled up all my arguments, and yet Rtiff still wants to pretend like he wasn't just s drunk homer last night. I conceded throught this thread that Curry had the better season lol.

And they accuse TDK of being a drunk homer. Stiff is much worse than TDK in that regard.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Except that I am not pissed.

By the way, Rtiff chose B as well. It is funny because most people here think that the argument this entire time has been LeBron vs. Curry.

the argument is that Rtiff originally intimated that Curry surpassed LeBron, and then changed direction when he realized how absurd that was, most likely due to inhebriation.
Then he pretended like all he meant was that Curry had better stats this season, but LeBron is still better. Go back and read the 10th post I made on page 2. My stance has been consistent throughout this thread. I made rtiff change his mind and concede. However, he was smart enough to use the fact that I am disliked here to get some favorable white knighting.
But, clearly, anyone with basic reading comprehension can see the fabulous work I have done in this thread.
Despite all of his clamoring, if you asked Rtiff right now, he will tells you completely agrees with everything I have said starting from page 2 lol.
I never changed direction a single time, riley.

I repeated the same thing from Page 1, and you continuously created straw man arguments that I shot down one by one. Once you realized what was going on, you agreed with me and started with a slew of "rewriting history" posts like the one above.

I started with "one could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron," and never once deviated from that. You, on the other hand, have been all over the place in this thread.
So what you are saying is, That it isn't a fact that Curry had a better season, only that an arguement could be made.
I said Curry had a better offensive season statistically, and one could make the argument that he's currently better offensively.

I have been repeating it since Page 1.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
I never changed direction a single time, riley.

I repeated the same thing from Page 1, and you continuously created straw man arguments that I shot down one by one. Once you realized what was going on, you agreed with me and started with a slew of "rewriting history" posts like the one above.

I started with "one could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron," and never once deviated from that. You, on the other hand, have been all over the place in this thread.
So what you are saying is, That it isn't a fact that Curry had a better season, only that an arguement could be made.
I said Curry had a better offensive season statistically, and one could make the argument that he's currently better offensively.

I have been repeating it since Page 1.
LOL.

Sorry dude, you got exposed. I love the fact that I can make you flip flop so easily.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Bartman wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

And they accuse TDK of being a drunk homer. Stiff is much worse than TDK in that regard.
You know your argument is weak when the board contrarian is the only person agreeing with you.

Batman literally disagrees with people just for the sake of disagreeing with people. It's his trolling schtick.

I like him a lot better when he just talks hoops.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
Bartman wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

You know your argument is weak when the board contrarian is the only person agreeing with you.

Batman literally disagrees with people just for the sake of disagreeing with people. It's his trolling schtick.

You got exposed, but it is OK. People will continue to white knight for you because I am disliked. I have no doubt though, now that the alcohol has worn off, you can see where you got worked a little bit.

I have made you admit that while Curry had a better season this year, that LeBron is still a better offensive player overall.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
Bartman wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I just pulled up all of my posts. Show me where I ever said that Curry didnt have a better season lol?

The difference between you and I is I said Curry was better this year. You said that only an argument could be made, that it wasn't a given lol.