Woj, KTLA, TMZ: Kobe Killed in Helicopter Crash

Talk about anything here.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: Woj, KTLA, TMZ: Kobe Killed in Helicopter Crash

Post by elmouse03 »

Just wanted to say RIP to Kobe and sorry for your loss Kobe fans of the board.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

elmouse03 wrote:Just wanted to say RIP to Kobe and sorry for your loss Kobe fans of the board.

It is alive. :suds:
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

I'm surprised madness isn't sad a little. I could easily cry if I started watching players reactions on YouTube and I was never a big fan like he was.
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

kobeunderbite wrote:How many hours have we spent collectively discussing Kobe together over the last 15 years? I never would have imagined that this community would outlive Kobe Bryant. This is all very surreal.
It's crazy.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

Y2K wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:How many hours have we spent collectively discussing Kobe together over the last 15 years? I never would have imagined that this community would outlive Kobe Bryant. This is all very surreal.
It's crazy.
This breaks my heart. And I am not a KB fan. Yes, it is crazy.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:I hated Kobe as a player, hated the way he played the game and I'm devastated at the news. Couldn't fight back the tears when I heard his daughter was also on the plane. The world lost a legend. Hope Kobe, his daughter and everyone else who passed away in the helicopter are resting in peace.
I thought about you @l3bron. And I know that you'd never cheer for this to happen.

And I admit, I shed tears too. I'd grown to respect post-career Kobe so much. That scene with Gianna was so heartfelt and genuine. I'm thankful that we can atleast remember him and that clip with his daughter in a positive, uplifting light.

Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

This is awful, but something worse might have happened February 8 2000. When Derrick Thomas of the KC Chiefs died in a one car accident.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Y2K wrote:
l3bron wrote:I hated Kobe as a player, hated the way he played the game and I'm devastated at the news. Couldn't fight back the tears when I heard his daughter was also on the plane. The world lost a legend. Hope Kobe, his daughter and everyone else who passed away in the helicopter are resting in peace.
I thought about you @l3bron. And I know that you'd never cheer for this to happen.

And I admit, I shed tears too. I'd grown to respect post-career Kobe so much. That scene with Gianna was so heartfelt and genuine. I'm thankful that we can atleast remember him and that clip with his daughter in a positive, uplifting light.
I’ve been at home all day today with a sick girl. I shed a tear when I heard his daughter died. I was actually on the couch with my daughter leaning against me. Held her a bit tighter for a moment.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Da Stars. wrote:You have no idea how much I wanted to troll this.

I mean... I honestly wanted to make a quip about how Kobe couldn’t handle Lebron passing him on the AT scoring list so he crashed his helicopter into a mountain. :laugh4:

But then when I found out his daughter died too I was like... oh never mind. :(
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:If an athlete knew one of his fans passed I assume he would feel bad unless he was a robot or a dick. Of course none of us can mourn the passing of everybody in the world.
We actually see these stories quite a bit....where an athlete befriends a kid or fan they found out was sick. Athletes take a lot of shit, and many rightfully so, but so many also do a ton of good for charity, etc.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

rileymartin wrote:
Bartman wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:
I dunno, I think his story parallels a lot of his fans they can identify with. His dad's career aside, he took a big risk turning pro out of high school. Finds a little success, then fucks up, then builds over from just about nothing to become a winner again. Not to mention becoming a better father and entrepreneur in retirement.

It's a shock Kobe died but investing too much emotionally into a pro athlete and not enough into your own personal relationships is what's wrong with the world today. Kobe wasn't saving lives, he was shooting balls into a hoop, we just need some perspective.
You don't know that. Role models help people in many different ways.
Kobe was always good to my cousins, even when he was a player. See, these are the stories that we don't hear because they aren't "headline" news worthy.

denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Da Stars. wrote:This is awful, but something worse might have happened February 8 2000. When Derrick Thomas of the KC Chiefs died in a one car accident.
Just my opinion but, every death is tragic my friend... One is not more worse than the other and shouldn't be compared... :(
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

denali4eva wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:This is awful, but something worse might have happened February 8 2000. When Derrick Thomas of the KC Chiefs died in a one car accident.
Just my opinion but, every death is tragic my friend... One is not more worse than the other and shouldn't be compared... :(
I agree, I was only making the comparison because DT was still an active player.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

Nah. Not even close to the global impact of Kobe's death.
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Y2K wrote:

I’ve been at home all day today with a sick girl. I shed a tear when I heard his daughter died. I was actually on the couch with my daughter leaning against me. Held her a bit tighter for a moment.
Sometimes it's moments of tragedy that get us to slow down and appreciate the loved ones that we have in our lives. I certainly pay more attention to my son now that his uncle has passed.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Good God don't remind me right now....

manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Another person has been identified in the deadly helicopter crash that took the lives of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna “Gigi” Bryant. CNN has reported that 56-year-old John Altobelli was among the nine killed in the tragedy on Sunday afternoon in Calabasas, California. Altobelli was a former University of Houston baseball player and was currently serving as the Orange Coast College baseball coach, according to the school’s website. The news was confirmed by OCC Assistant Baseball coach Ron La Ruffa. According to the Houston Chronicle, Altobelli’s wife and daughter, Keri Altobelli and Alyssa Altobelli, were also among the deceased in the crash. The coach’s daughter is rumored to have played basketball on Bryant’s team.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

If the Sixers don't win the Finals this year than I am rooting for the Lakers to win the title.

Do it for Vino.

Damn today sucks.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

manchild98 wrote:Another person has been identified in the deadly helicopter crash that took the lives of Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna “Gigi” Bryant. CNN has reported that 56-year-old John Altobelli was among the nine killed in the tragedy on Sunday afternoon in Calabasas, California. Altobelli was a former University of Houston baseball player and was currently serving as the Orange Coast College baseball coach, according to the school’s website. The news was confirmed by OCC Assistant Baseball coach Ron La Ruffa. According to the Houston Chronicle, Altobelli’s wife and daughter, Keri Altobelli and Alyssa Altobelli, were also among the deceased in the crash. The coach’s daughter is rumored to have played basketball on Bryant’s team.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Y2K wrote:
Good God don't remind me right now....
That was painful, I cried when he died and wrote to him the night before he died.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk