I am disappointed in the voting this year...

Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: I am disappointed in the voting this year...

Post by rileymartin »

lettherebehouse wrote:Before anyone flips out on me again, I'm not knighting KUB here just because he's head of the cAFLF council among many other things, but you could literally give POY to him any year. He's that good/entertaining. LNS brought the hammer though in 2018 (and prior) in content and volume. He keeps the nighttime posting on lock just as much as day in any topic,and that's maybe where I separated him from the pack. Truth is, I'm good with either Lns, Kub, Bush, or even Abe for POY in any season.
Had LNS followed through with his fight thread, you might have a case...Now that I realize how I fucked up the timeline on the Cuban food thread, LNS fight thread had the potential to win, but his laziness fucked it up...I think this faux pas is a big enough strike against him that Poster of the year is out of reach...
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Da Stars. wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Before anyone flips out on me again, I'm not knighting KUB here just because he's head of the cAFLF council among many other things, but you could literally give POY to him any year. He's that good/entertaining. LNS brought the hammer though in 2018 (and prior) in content and volume. He keeps the nighttime posting on lock just as much as day in any topic,and that's maybe where I separated him from the pack. Truth is, I'm good with either Lns, Kub, Bush, or even Abe for POY in any season.
You forgot to like your post House. You would also be a poster who could be poster of the year.

Dude are you gonna remind me of this every time? Or is this your new way of thanking my posts without inflating my stats?

:stephena:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Odogg wrote:Hasn't KUB won poster of the year before?
Does that matter?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
You forgot to like your post House. You would also be a poster who could be poster of the year.

Dude are you gonna remind me of this every time? Or is this your new way of thanking my posts without inflating my stats?

:stephena:
Thanks for the suggestion. :lol:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

rileymartin wrote:
Had LNS followed through with his fight thread, you might have a case...Now that I realize how I fucked up the timeline on the Cuban food thread, LNS fight thread had the potential to win, but his laziness fucked it up...I think this faux pas is a big enough strike against him that Poster of the year is out of reach...

The writeups he did to even get to that point (IIRC) is a dedication to this place only duplicated by a small select few (Kub & BrotherCharles). That's worthy of praise in of itself, not ridicule.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

The writeups he did to even get to that point (IIRC) is a dedication to this place only duplicated by a small select few (Kub & BrotherCharles). That's worthy of praise in of itself, not ridicule.

I thought it was a 10/10 premise.

But even he'd admit that he mailed it in.

Shouldn't detract any POY voters though.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

I also won poster of the year... back 2 back
Spoiler:
also riley has dementia
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

lettherebehouse wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

The competition is simply too strong to overcome a major error like that...It was Jean van de Velde in 99 British Open...
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

First off, let me say that while I appreciate Riley's endorsement, LNS absolutely deserves the win. I agree with house's assessment that LNS could reasonably win it any given year and is in that rarified air with a few select others.

No I have never won poster of the year. In 5 years Abe, House, Artman, Repeat and now LNS will have won it.

Not to sound salty or anything, but I think I've been top 3 in the voting (if not top 2) for at least 4 of those 5 years. So my awards share number is extremely elite.

I've had a bit of trouble locking down a win (DiCaprio style) for a few reasons, but maybe most primarily because I have a lot of never-KUB style haters (the manchilds, griffs, lookaways and tdks of the board), and because I am competing yearly against House and LNS, there is some loss in terms of crossover voters.

Does this all upset me? Maybe. You'll have to judge for yourself based on the tone of this post.

Do I have another year of excellence in store for all of you? Probably. There will be a lot of superhero movies and the Lakers will return to the playoffs, so there's definitely what to work with. I hope for all of our sakes that I can continue to post at my usual level in terms of energy/passion for many years to come. Time will tell :lol: :clap:
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Madnessssss wrote:Op is right. Every year I laugh at boring non-trolls winning troll of the year while I get hardly any votes.

You guys vote for the troll that offends you the least. That makes him likeable to you, but that's not trolling
I honestly don't find you to be a good troll.

You need to add a little subtly to your game this year if you want to win.

You can't be an overly-obvious edgelord. It's just plain as day.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Kobeunderbite wrote:First off, let me say that while I appreciate Riley's endorsement, LNS absolutely deserves the win. I agree with house's assessment that LNS could reasonably win it any given year and is in that rarified air with a few select others.

No I have never won poster of the year. In 5 years Abe, House, Artman, Repeat and now LNS will have won it.

Not to sound salty or anything, but I think I've been top 3 in the voting (if not top 2) for at least 4 of those 5 years. So my awards share number is extremely elite.

I've had a bit of trouble locking down a win (DiCaprio style) for a few reasons, but maybe most primarily because I have a lot of never-KUB style haters (the manchilds, griffs, lookaways and tdks of the board), and because I am competing yearly against House and LNS, there is some loss in terms of crossover voters.

Does this all upset me? Maybe. You'll have to judge for yourself based on the tone of this post.

Do I have another year or excellence in store for all of you? Probably. There will be a lot of superhero movies and the Lakers will return to the playoffs, so there's definitely what to work with. I hope for all of our sakes that I can continue to post at my usual level in terms of energy/passion for many years to come. Time will tell :lol: :clap:

When I read this post to myself in my head I envision a very squeaky very jewy accent FWIW.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:Op is right. Every year I laugh at boring non-trolls winning troll of the year while I get hardly any votes.

You guys vote for the troll that offends you the least. That makes him likeable to you, but that's not trolling

Exactly. Madnesses stuff is telegraphed and people play along because it's still funny, but he hasn't upset anyone in years. He's a bitch.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

AlaskaHawks wrote:

Agreed. Schlomo is more like a caricature of a troll. When a Moms Against Internet Trolls support group gets together, they use posts from Schlomo as examples of how to identify a troll.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Yeah madnessss ... your shining troll moment was getting trolled by a high schooler willing to trade you a bag of weed for some studio time. :L
Last edited by Alex_Murphy on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Madnesss really thinks edgelording is offensive or good trolling. This is what happens when trolls lose a step or two. The game has simply passed him up.

Everytime i see him edge, I feel like patting him on the head and be like "aye there nice try Rusty, I see you, but i don't feel you". He's harmless, if you will.

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

I honestly figured Riley, tdk and Leoss would be salty about me winning POY. They’re the ones who have been my toilet bowls more often than not.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

LNS wrote:I honestly figured Riley, tdk and Leoss would be salty about me winning POY. They’re the ones who have been my toilet bowls more often than not.
FWIW I voted you as my POTY because you provided me the most legit LOL moments throughout the year.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LNS wrote:I honestly figured Riley, tdk and Leoss would be salty about me winning POY. They’re the ones who have been my toilet bowls more often than not.
You have always been bbq chicken to me, deep down you know that.

Light work you are, if you will... absolutely light work
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I wouldn't be salty if you actually earned it...You dropped the ball big time...
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

Exactly. Madnesses stuff is telegraphed and people play along because it's still funny, but he hasn't upset anyone in years. He's a bitch.
You are trying to qualify it as people playing along...I disagree...The humor he provides is a big part of it...You cant in one breath disqualify Madnesss for being "telegraphed", and then tout a poster like House who has been doing the exact same predictable shit for 10+ years...