So Hellary avoided taxes just like Trump...

Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: So Hellary avoided taxes just like Trump...

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Are you for or against wealthy business men like Trump manipulating the system to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars, and, are you for or against less fortunate people manipulating the system and getting welfare and food stamps

Or do you just base it on the color of their skin?

People like you will suck up to Trump and call what he does great business, and then turn around and snivel about some hoodrat who pumped out a couple kids getting some extra foodstamps.

The difference in the amount amplifies the issue...the wealthier you are, the more you get away with...You want to challenge my "principles", but, instead maybe you should just take a peek in the mirror...
When did I say I was for anyone manipulating the system? And bringing race into any argument is the favorite non sequitur of the Left, so I'll just leave it alone since it's not relevant.

Also, I'm not voting for Trump. I am not for Trump. I find him as unpalatable as Mrs Clinton.
Riley likes to howl at the moon just to hear his own echo. He calls himself a centrist, but in the majority of his arguments he takes a solid left lean in his viewpoints. He also likes to twist words or flat-out misquote you. A true politician of our board.
I have said MANY times already, when it comes to SOCIAL issues, I tend to lean left...And, it wasn't always that way, but my eyes are pretty open now to the double standard people like you practice...
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Riley, you are going to throw your back out moving those goalposts.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Thank you for that...I set a bit of a trap, and while Infy was smart enough to turn tail and run, you took the bait...Which of course, you do pretty much every time LOL...

Tell me Rob, why is it OK in your eyes for Trump to use the system to his advantage and benefit off the backs of American taxpayers, but then you complain and rant about welfare?
I've posted on here that I DON'T think it's OK.

However, if you want the real response, it's because the rich people are LEGALLY finding "loopholes" to avoid paying taxes, and many times welfare kings and queens are ILLEGALLY abusing the system.

That is not meant as an absolute statement. There are rich shitheads that break laws, and there are poor folks who need their benefits. I complain about BOTH. You don't...

Oh wait...Are you suggesting that rich people don't abuse the system LOL? Rob, there is no chance that you are that naïve...Just come clean...

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

I said: "There are rich shitheads that break laws"

And you follow that up with: "Are you suggesting that rich people don't abuse the system?"

This is either a poor troll job, or you're just being an idiot, again. Take your pick.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Rob: "I complain about both"

Riley: "double standards people like you practice"

Wow...what a moron.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
I've posted on here that I DON'T think it's OK.

However, if you want the real response, it's because the rich people are LEGALLY finding "loopholes" to avoid paying taxes, and many times welfare kings and queens are ILLEGALLY abusing the system.

That is not meant as an absolute statement. There are rich shitheads that break laws, and there are poor folks who need their benefits. I complain about BOTH. You don't...

Oh wait...Are you suggesting that rich people don't abuse the system LOL? Rob, there is no chance that you are that naïve...Just come clean...

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

I said: "There are rich shitheads that break laws"

And you follow that up with: "Are you suggesting that rich people don't abuse the system?"

This is either a poor troll job, or you're just being an idiot, again. Take your pick.
" it's because the rich people are LEGALLY finding "loopholes" to avoid paying taxes, and many times welfare kings and queens are ILLEGALLY abusing the system "

Are you saying you didn't just type this?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Perhaps Riley needs to read up on the definitions of legal and illegal.

~George Carlin~
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Riley, your beef is with TAX LAW, not those that take advantage of it.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON would pay less taxes if given the legal option to do so. So you need to bitch about the laws, not the folks that expose those laws.

It is YOU that has a double standard.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

So Rob, is this statement true or untrue...

Poor people abuse the system illegally for their benefit much more than rich people do...

True or untrue?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:Riley, your beef is with TAX LAW, not those that take advantage of it.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON would pay less taxes if given the legal option to do so. So you need to bitch about the laws, not the folks that expose those laws.

Wrong...you somehow are portraying this utopia that rich people are taking advantage within the limits of the law, while poor people abuse the system...
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Robceltsfan wrote:Rob: "I complain about both"

Riley: "double standards people like you practice"

Wow...what a moron.
That's retarded as riley for ya
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:So Rob, is this statement true or untrue...

Poor people abuse the system illegally for their benefit much more than rich people do...

True or untrue?
I would say yes, that's true. There are more poor people than rich, so there are more opportunities for abuse, proportionately.

And stop trying to change the conversation. We're talking about rich people LEGALLY lowering their federal income tax responsibility. And we both AGREE that it's wrong and the tax laws need to be fixed to eliminate these loopholes.

Again, you're howling at the moon.

~George Carlin~
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:Riley, your beef is with TAX LAW, not those that take advantage of it.

Wrong...you somehow are portraying this utopia that rich people are taking advantage within the limits of the law, while poor people abuse the system...
Is what the Clintons or Trump did to avoid certain tax responsibilities illegal? If so, please provide evidence. Thanks.

And, once again, I'm not saying that rich people NEVER break the law. In fact, I said the contrary.

~George Carlin~
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

In conversations with Criley, you need to remeber his namesake is a cook who believes he can speak with aliens. Guys a complete loon, much like the guy who posts bere.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:

True or untrue?
I would say yes, that's true. There are more poor people than rich, so there are more opportunities for abuse, proportionately.

And stop trying to change the conversation. We're talking about rich people LEGALLY lowering their federal income tax responsibility. And we both AGREE that it's wrong and the tax laws need to be fixed to eliminate these loopholes.

Who do you think costs this country more money...poor people who abuse the system, or rich people who abuse the system?

And we both don't really agree...You have a MUCH BIGGER bias toward poor people and their actions vs. rich people despite the fact that social welfare is only a drop in the bucket of what corporate welfare costs this country...
I find it sad, or even disingenuous on your part that you suggest that rich people don't cheat, hide money, fudge the numbers, make ficticious writeoffs, at the same rate that poor people do...despite the fact that there less "Rich" people, their indiscretions cost this country much more than some welfare queen does...
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

AlaskaHawks wrote:In conversations with Criley, you need to remeber his namesake is a cook who believes he can speak with aliens. Guys a complete loon, much like the guy who posts bere.
Why would we need to remember that?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/21/taxes- ... ltway.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Back to where we began the run for the presidency.

Squawking about which of the top 1%ers cheat more... and about which of the bottom %15ers are cheating the most.

All while ignoring the fact that almost everybody here is in the middle 84% getting screwed both ways.

[Note: "Hey everybody, fight about this so you don't notice this, this, this, this, this and this."]
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

True or untrue?

Who do you think costs this country more money...poor people who abuse the system, or rich people who abuse the system?

And we both don't really agree...You have a MUCH BIGGER bias toward poor people and their actions vs. rich people despite the fact that social welfare is only a drop in the bucket of what corporate welfare costs this country...
I find it sad, or even disingenuous on your part that you suggest that rich people don't cheat, hide money, fudge the numbers, make ficticious writeoffs, at the same rate that poor people do...despite the fact that there less "Rich" people, their indiscretions cost this country much more than some welfare queen does...
It depends on your view of "costs". If we're just talking about welfare versus tax "dodging", then I agree with you. Of course the rich carry a larger burden of wealth and supposed tax requirement. At the same time, many of the super-rich pay many other taxes that have nothing to do with income. They lap the field in terms of paying taxes in any given year, whether it be through real estate taxes, property taxes, consumption taxes, etc.

This says nothing of corporations, which is a different topic.

A flat tax would be a WONDERFUL solution, but do you know who would be most opposed to a flat tax? The poor. Why pay a flat 10% or 15% when you currently pay 0%.

~George Carlin~
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

So they did a study on the rich cheating on their taxes...but didn't prosecute based on their findings? Didn't audit those who cheated?

Either that article is complete bullshit, or you need to place your ire again on the government's complacency, and not the rich.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:
So they did a study on the rich cheating on their taxes...but didn't prosecute based on their findings? Didn't audit those who cheated?

Either that article is complete bullshit, or you need to place your ire again on the government's complacency, and not the rich.
Why do you place your ire on the poor then?