This board doesn't seem as busy as Angersports was.

Talk about anything here.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Re: This board doesn't not seem as busy Angersports was.

Post by swampgator »

ripper76 wrote:People like familiarity though. That's why so many movies are sequels or remakes. People flock to things they know and usually take awhile to warm up to something new.
Sure, people like familiarity, but if the aim is to bring new members (sometimes with no affiliation to any board whatsoever before) then that a surefire way to turn noobs off right quick.
RodneyStuckey3
Rookie

Post by RodneyStuckey3 »

swampgator wrote:Consider re-wording that thread title to where it reflects what you were actually trying to say.

Either way, yeah, seems a little slower.
Your comment displays the elitetest attitude that will drive posters away. Just saying.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

RodneyStuckey3 wrote:
swampgator wrote:Consider re-wording that thread title to where it reflects what you were actually trying to say.

Your comment displays the elitetest attitude that will drive posters away. Just saying.
Elitist what? I'm still not sure if you are saying it is slower than the old board or not. :?
RodneyStuckey3
Rookie

Post by RodneyStuckey3 »

swampgator wrote:
RodneyStuckey3 wrote:

Elitist what? I'm still not sure if you are saying it is slower than the old board or not. :?
What an elitetest asshole you are. Stop coming into this thread and please don't comment on any other threads I make. Thanks.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

RodneyStuckey3 wrote:
swampgator wrote:
RodneyStuckey3 wrote: Your comment displays the elitetest attitude that will drive posters away. Just saying.
What an elitetest asshole you are. Stop coming into this thread and please don't comment on any other threads I make. Thanks.
[youtube]FONN-0uoTHI[/youtube]
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

RodneyStuckey3 wrote:
swampgator wrote:
RodneyStuckey3 wrote: Your comment displays the elitetest attitude that will drive posters away. Just saying.
Good luck with that complex and handicap.
RodneyStuckey3
Rookie

Post by RodneyStuckey3 »

swampgator wrote:
RodneyStuckey3 wrote:
swampgator wrote: Elitist what? I'm still not sure if you are saying it is slower than the old board or not. :?
Good luck with that complex.

Good luck with being an asshole. I'm sure an you will make plenty of friends with that kind of attitude.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

CleveTown™ wrote:The problem is 10 or so posters are carrying the load and providing the content by which the lurkers feed off of. If they would stop lurking and participate, then the community would get larger.
Who are those ten or so? I actually think it might be closer to five
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

swampgator wrote:
ripper76 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:The problem is 10 or so posters are carrying the load and providing the content by which the lurkers feed off of. If they would stop lurking and participate, then the community would get larger.
I actually agree with you.
I agree with that as well. There are a handful of thread starters that people get involved with just because. Some of these are recycling the same boring shit ad-nauseam, but the username that posted it peaks interest.

The problem also lies in board allegiances. If you aren't part of the "in" crowd, then threads started die quickly.

Is that what you think happens to your post, "the in crowd"? Perhaps the topics you post about don't excite people or are obvious and need no response
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

NotAgain wrote:
swampgator wrote:
ripper76 wrote: I actually agree with you.
I agree with that as well. There are a handful of thread starters that people get involved with just because. Some of these are recycling the same boring shit ad-nauseam, but the username that posted it peaks interest.

The problem also lies in board allegiances. If you aren't part of the "in" crowd, then threads started die quickly.

Is that what you think happens to your post, "the in crowd"? Perhaps the topics you post about don't excite people or are obvious and need no response
My posts are usually about as relevant as yours, NotAgain. That wasn't the point.
Last edited by swampgator on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

RodneyStuckey3 wrote:
swampgator wrote:
That really ought to drive traffic to the board. Good job complaining about activity then shutting someone out of future conversations
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

swampgator wrote:
NotAgain wrote:
swampgator wrote: I agree with that as well. There are a handful of thread starters that people get involved with just because. Some of these are recycling the same boring shit ad-nauseam, but the username that posted it peaks interest.

My posts are usually about as relevant as yours, NotAgain.
Not true Swampy, your post are FAR more relevant than mine :)
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Re: This board doesn't seem as busy as Angersports was.

Post by Y2K »

False

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!