Smelters
Hall of Famer

Re: Melo to join Bulls as a FA...?

Post by Smelters »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
RodneyStuckey3 wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote: yes he would.
Might be a deal breaker.
While he will never be no "great shakes" defensively....I think his problems have been overblown and magnified by the systems in which he's played. I'd like to see Melo on a team that played to his strengths and helped cover up his weaknesses for a change.
I'd like to see Melo on a team that played to his strengths and helped cover up his weaknesses for a change.
Works for many winning players in sports history.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

Why is the OP ignoring my posts?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

FTR Taj Gibson is averaging 19 / 9 as a starter this year, and playing stellar Defense along the way.

Rose
Butler
Melo (FA -?)
Gibson
Noah

That's a dominating starting 5, with EuroSuperSensation Nikola Mirotic coming off the bench as your 6th Man.

WoW... !!
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:FTR Taj Gibson is averaging 19 / 9 as a starter this, and playing stellar Defense along the way.

Rose
Butler
Melo (FA -?)
Gibson
Noah

That's a dominating starting 5, with EuroSuperSensation Nikola Mirotic coming off the bench as your 6th Man.

WoW... !!

Yeah as I was about to say, before your topic got deleted, the Bulls are gonna be Great for the next decade plus.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

dwcmwa wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:FTR Taj Gibson is averaging 19 / 9 as a starter this, and playing stellar Defense along the way.

Rose
Butler
Melo (FA -?)
Gibson
Noah

WoW... !!

Yeah as I was about to say, before your topic got deleted, the Bulls are gonna be Great for the next decade plus.
The Bulls are certainly (still) in great shape... and let's not forget the plethora of draft picks they've got too!!

(BTW, I deleted that thread and just put the post on this thread since it was related to this topic.)
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
This is an excellent point... and an undisputed fact.

For his career Rose averages just 17 FGA per game; that's 3 fewer shots per game (for the guy many uneducated fans call a chucker) than Lebron averages for his career... and James is considered the ultimate team player.

That being said, the Bulls already lost Deng and will amnesty Boozer after the season. That's 25+ shots a game to be made up, so ball distribution won't be an issue even if Melo and Rose both average 18-20 FGA a game.
What's up man, you feeling confident about the sig and avatar bet we made? If you're having trouble recalling, you said Kobe would average 27 shots or more a game.

A healthy Kobe, yeah... the one who was supposed to return around the AS break, not the fool who let his ego convince him to return 2 months before he should have, and as a result injured himself again.

When is he set to return this time, BTW?
There were no kinds of qualifiers like that, the bet was over or under 27 shots for Kobe. He's supposed to be back by the all star break if I'm not mistaken
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

:noidea:

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

So close
rileymartin