How much would you spend without telling SO beforehand?

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: How much would you spend without telling SO beforehand?

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:It helps to have an account she doesn't know about.
I remember taking a marriage prep class at BYU. The teacher was an older man who was telling us about how finance is one of the top reasons for divorce in our country which is true. He then went on to say that he solved his finance issues by giving his wife an allowance each month that she was allowed to spend on certain things.

So his advice on how to properly address financial issues in marriage is to treat your spouse like a 9 year old.
Some spouses need that discipline. Otherwise you're coming home to new furniture and she's bitching about adding more closet space for shoes.
I'm lucky I've never had to face it.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:It helps to have an account she doesn't know about.
I remember taking a marriage prep class at BYU. The teacher was an older man who was telling us about how finance is one of the top reasons for divorce in our country which is true. He then went on to say that he solved his finance issues by giving his wife an allowance each month that she was allowed to spend on certain things.

So his advice on how to properly address financial issues in marriage is to treat your spouse like a 9 year old.
Some spouses need that discipline. Otherwise you're coming home to new furniture and she's bitching about adding more closet space for shoes.

That's why it's good to know a person before marrying them? Finding out what they value and all that?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

That's why it's good to know a person before marrying them? Finding out what they value and all that?
Mormons don't have time to wait for all of that. Do you know how long we've waited to have sex?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:

Mormons don't have time to wait for all of that. Do you know how long we've waited to have sex?

Good point. But you did know if she was a chaste/devout Mormon. And does the religion inherently lead a person toward living a certain way? Even in the sense of family first? Or physical possessions are secondary? And stuff like that?
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:

Bertha wouldn't appreciate you talking about your private life.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Bertha wouldn't appreciate you talking about your private life.
Bertha? You need to watch this to educate yourself on Utah girl names....

[youtube]BfIehCrO4Zs[/youtube]
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
zombiesonics wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:Kind of funny. I honestly wouldn't spend more than $50 without telling my wife ahead of time. She does all of our budgeting so I'd feel weird spending money on myself without talking to her first.
Does she ask you before spending money too?
She doesn't spend money. Ever. I have to force her to buy things sometimes.
You've got a good wife.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

We have separate bank accounts but I have access to hers and pay all the bills, make all the decisions. She doesn't want to deal with it. It works out. The most I've spent without telling her is under $500. Any big purchase is something we do together.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Buckets wrote:Had to take a per-marriage session as part of getting married in a catholic church. I thought they asked some pretty good questions, one of which was, how much would you spend at once without telling your significant other beforehand?

Me and the future spouse were pretty close, I said $500 she said $300. However another couple had one say $1,000 and the other say $100 which I think was kinda funny.

Any big spenders out there that hide big purchases from their spouse?
50,000 ₩

Which is $50 American money.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)