Can anyone match Tim Duncan's consistency?

Talk about anything here.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Re: Can anyone match Tim Duncan's consistency?

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: Go into detail how Tim Duncan's peak wasn't as good as any of the bigs you listed. Especially Ewing, I can't wait to see the **** you pull with this one. Hopefully it matches the level of stupidity your "Kobe was as good as Duncan defensively" comment reached.

Why was Wilt more dominant than Shaq? What is your basis for this belief?
What's your basis for Shaq? Please tell me.
What's the best way to avoid a question you're unable to answer?

Completely dodge it and ask your own question. Not very subtle but we get the picture.
Just taking a page out of your book.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

Completely dodge it and ask your own question. Not very subtle but we get the picture.

And for the record, Wilt's stats and records speak For themselves.

Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Shaq was consistently lazy.

Wilt, Russell & Kareem were consistently dominant
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:

It's clear you're not going to argue any of your claims if you can't answer straightforward questions about beliefs you stated as facts. So I'd appreciate if you took your nonsense to another thread.

I'm still baffled at how you somehow thought this was related to the OP. It's as if you have some unhealthy level of hatred at Pop and Duncan for running circles around your teams and you have to add an * to any praise they get. That or you're just a miserable human being in which case I recommend you take a break from scaring children at the park and seek therapy.
Last edited by l3bron on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:Who said anything about raw stats?
y2ktors wrote:And for the record, Wilt's stats and records speak For themselves.
This is child's play.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Created a poll to ask the forum what they think. Feel free to bring the debate over there.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: What's the best way to avoid a question you're unable to answer?

It's clear you're not going to argue any of your claims if you can't answer straightforward questions about beliefs you stated as facts. So I'd appreciate if you took your nonsense to another thread.

I'm still baffled at how you somehow thought this was related to the OP. It's as if you have some unhealthy level of hatred at Pop and Duncan for running circles over your teams and you have to add an * to any praise they get. That or you're just a miserable human being in which case I recommend you take a break from scaring children at the park and seek therapy.
Just STOP OVERRATING them. I give anyone and everyone their dues.

Duncan = top 10 GOAT
POP = Top 5 coach and Hella great GM

They won a ton of games and 4 titles in a weak era. But Someone had to win. Congrats to them. They'll be in the HOF sooner than later. Great!

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:Who said anything about raw stats?
y2ktors wrote:And for the record, Wilt's stats and records speak For themselves.
This is child's play.
Stilt was Supreme to Shaq on the court. Don't argue this. You'll look very Foolish.

l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2k making it rain with his awfulness up in here:

Me: It's ridiculous to compare stats from a league 40 years apart.
y2k: Who said anything about stats?

10 minutes later.

y2k: Wilt is better because...stats

Me: Explain to me in detail why Wilt is superior to Shaq.
y2k: What? Wilt is better than Shaq because everyone knows that Wilt is superior to Shaq.

Get. Your. Nonsense. Out. Of. My. Thread.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Created a poll to ask the forum what they think. Feel free to bring the debate over there.
The thing about this is I don't know anyone who'd disagree with the op on Duncan's consistency. This league needs more players like him.

But he simply didn't have the Legendary peak that Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Dream, DRob, Wilt or Magic had.

He didn't dominate on the levels that they did. That's ok though. But some ppl still need to accept that.

Y2K

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:y2k making it rain with his awfulness up in here:

Me: It's ridiculous to compare stats from a league 40 years apart.
y2k: Who said anything about stats?

10 minutes later.

y2k: Wilt is better because...stats

Me: Explain to me in detail why Wilt is superior to Shaq.
y2k: What? Wilt is better than Shaq because everyone knows that Wilt is superior to Shaq.

Get. Your. Nonsense. Out. Of. My. Thread.
stop being such a hater towards the legends of the past and give them their dues. Wilt holds 178 records, most of which will never be broken. Rules were made to lessen his dominance.

You are acting like a 9 year old who needs attention. You can do better than this.

town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

lol.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

town bidness wrote:lol.
Don't hold back. If u think I've blown things out of proportion let me know straight up bro. Lol

town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

y2ktors wrote:
Don't hold back. If u think I've blown things out of proportion let me know straight up bro. Lol
nope i am in agreement about what you said in regards to tim vs. the monsters of the position. i have nothing to add.

i want to know what witness specifies as "consistent" to begin with. tim was pretty consistent but she should narrow it down.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:Created a poll to ask the forum what they think. Feel free to bring the debate over there.
The thing about this is I don't know anyone who'd disagree with the op on Duncan's consistency. This league needs more players like him.

But he simply didn't have the Legendary peak that Kareem, Bird, Shaq, Dream, DRob, Wilt or Magic had.

He didn't dominate on the levels that they did. That's ok though. But some ppl still need to accept that.
NO ONE IS ARGUING THAT. Jesus Christ, spend the next 10 minutes reading over this. Your debating skills equal that of a grapefruit's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's like if someone posted a thread discussing Larry Bird's efficiency and someone came in and said "Yeah he was good but he was never as good of a defender as Lebron, Jordan or Pippen. Some people just need to accept that."

It holds no relevancy, derails the thread and makes the user posting it look like a buffoon.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

y2ktors wrote:You are acting like a 9 year old who needs attention. You can do better than this.
You've made some awful posts arguing with invisible people and derailing my thread for the hell of it. I call you out on this and you call me a "hater" and immature.

Seriously, stop posting in my thread.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

town bidness wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
nope i am in agreement about what you said in regards to tim vs. the monsters of the position. i have nothing to add.

i want to know what witness specifies as "consistent" to begin with. tim was pretty consistent but she should narrow it down.

The OP says 18/11 every night and a similar per throughout his entire career.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

manchild98 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Don't hold back. If u think I've blown things out of proportion let me know straight up bro. Lol

oh brother... i missed that.

he's been in a steady decline even with the recent bounce back. stat and skill wise i wouldnt put tim over the dream.. but tims' legacy is better.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

town bidness wrote:
manchild98 wrote:
town bidness wrote:

oh brother... i missed that.

he's been in a steady decline even with the recent bounce back. stat and skill wise i wouldnt put tim over the dream.. but tims' legacy is better.

I was looking at the stats and it looked like he was done in 2010-11 and then the last few years he's actually picked it back up again...kind of shocking for a big guy who has played this long.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Tim has always been underrated. Extremely good defender, great passer, boarder, scorer when required and just the epitome of the team guy. Would never sulk and only cares about the 'W'.

What he accomplished in 2003 with a very mediocre supporting cast is as good as it gets and rivals Hakeem in 1994.

Perhaps not quite as high a peak as Shaq, but it's closer than most people think.