Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: "If You Want To Win A Ring, Come To Chicago"

Post by Buckets »

gaskill15 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
I'm sorry but at this point in his career why is Melo going to change his game? He's had this same playing style for his entire career.
Perhaps. I still think Thibs is the best coach for Melo because he preaches things that Melo isn't efficient at. Whether Melo will listen to him and change for the sake of winning I do not know, which is why I raised the questions above in this thread.
I think his ego is too big to change even for Thibs. Either way, that's a very expensive risk.
Is it though? I view it as an insurance policy against Derrick Rose. If Rose goes down again next year, at least there is a glimmer of hope making it far in the playoffs instead of watching a hustle team that you know will get bounced in the second round. I'm tired of the direction of this team spearheaded by one player. The more skilled players we can get, the better.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Plus 2014 is the 1 chance the Bulls get to really change the direction of this franchise. In 2015 Butler is due for his payday which will mean the Bulls will have at least $52 million invested in Rose, Noah, Taj, and Butler. This is our last shot at having any significant amount of capspace. I say fuck it, lets go for it and see how it shakes out. I'm tired of having a team full of above average players getting bounced by superstars. Lets get another superstar of our own.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I would LOVE to see Melo go to the Bulls.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

rileymartin wrote:I would LOVE to see Melo go to the Bulls.
And I would love to see the Miami Heat in 2 years when Wade can barely walk, Allen is retired, and James is frustrated about shouldering the load.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Buckets wrote:
rileymartin wrote:I would LOVE to see Melo go to the Bulls.
And I would love to see the Miami Heat in 2 years when Wade can barely walk, Allen is retired, and James is frustrated about shouldering the load.
Well, you will get your wish.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

But don't forget, Miami has some guy named Pat Riley in the front office, so I have some faith.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Buckets wrote:Plus 2014 is the 1 chance the Bulls get to really change the direction of this franchise. In 2015 Butler is due for his payday which will mean the Bulls will have at least $52 million invested in Rose, Noah, Taj, and Butler. This is our last shot at having any significant amount of capspace. I say fuck it, lets go for it and see how it shakes out. I'm tired of having a team full of above average players getting bounced by superstars. Lets get another superstar of our own.
I simply don't like Melo. He's considered a superstar, yes. The ONLY reason that is is because of his scoring. He's not a "playmaker" he's a scorer. Big difference. He rebounds well but I don't put too much into that. Not to mention he's one of the biggest ball stoppers this league has ever seen.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

The Bulls also got the Cavs 2014 first round draft pick which is looking pretty good.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

rileymartin wrote:But don't forget, Miami has some guy named Pat Riley in the front office, so I have some faith.
$60 million committed to 3 players (which is right at the cap) says you can't do much. Unless they can someone flip Bosh for 2 talented players
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

gaskill15 wrote:
Buckets wrote:Plus 2014 is the 1 chance the Bulls get to really change the direction of this franchise. In 2015 Butler is due for his payday which will mean the Bulls will have at least $52 million invested in Rose, Noah, Taj, and Butler. This is our last shot at having any significant amount of capspace. I say fuck it, lets go for it and see how it shakes out. I'm tired of having a team full of above average players getting bounced by superstars. Lets get another superstar of our own.
I simply don't like Melo. He's considered a superstar, yes. The ONLY reason that is is because of his scoring. He's not a "playmaker" he's a scorer. Big difference. He rebounds well but I don't put too much into that. Not to mention he's one of the biggest ball stoppers this league has ever seen.
Who else is there though? Like I said, 2014 free agency is it. Going forward we are committed long term. I think a core of Rose, Noah, Melo, and Butler is the best we can get. Just adding Mirotic and a middle level FA is not going to get this team over the hump
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Buckets wrote:
rileymartin wrote:But don't forget, Miami has some guy named Pat Riley in the front office, so I have some faith.
$60 million committed to 3 players (which is right at the cap) says you can't do much. Unless they can someone flip Bosh for 2 talented players
Well, first and foremost, Wade is going to opt out and take less money. Secondly, as we have seen there will be some vets willing to ring chase in Miami, and, thirdly, to reiterate, I have faith in Pat.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

I can see both sides of the Melo talk. As a Bulls fan.....I don't like his game........but do we have any other Choice?

He is a Ball Stopper that is Allergic to Defense.............but if not Melo, who!??

As Buckets said, it's now or never. But......Melo.......it is a gamble.....but......what else is there. The Bulls are NOT going to make some Blockbuster Trade, they NEVER DO. So no to that option. Then, besides the Melo option, who else is a FA this upcoming year?

The less expensive and "Safe" move would be to Bring Mirotic over and add some other FA, but again, who?

Anyone have a list of FA's this upcoming year?
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

So basically we have to settle............... again.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Sounds like a better version Boozer.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

rileymartin wrote:Sounds like a better version Boozer.

In a way, it is. Melo is a Better version of Boozer, at a different position.

Boozer then was an All Star. Melo now is supposedly a "Superstar".

But.....
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Master Spade wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Sounds like a better version Boozer.

In a way, it is. Melo is a Better version of Boozer, at a different position.

Boozer then was an All Star. Melo now is supposedly a "Superstar".

But.....
In my eyes, getting Melo is still settling.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

gaskill15 wrote:So basically we have to settle............... again.

Sadly.......yes.

Why? Because the Bulls NEVER make Blockbuster Trades. They NEVER get THE best FA's.

Because of that, it's basically..... Melo......or nothing.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Her :evil:
Master Spade wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:So basically we have to settle............... again.

Sadly.......yes.

Why? Because the Bulls NEVER make Blockbuster Trades. They NEVER get THE best FA's.

Because of that, it's basically..... Melo......or nothing.
:evil:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

The question is, if Rose makes a healthy return, who defers?

And, if Rose DOESN'T make it back, id Melo the guy you build your team around?

Don't get me wrong, if Melo is willing to come in, and accept whatever role the Bulls ask of him, then, it would be a great move. I just don't believe Melo will ever change his stripes.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

rileymartin wrote:The question is, if Rose makes a healthy return, who defers?

And, if Rose DOESN'T make it back, id Melo the guy you build your team around?

Don't get me wrong, if Melo is willing to come in, and accept whatever role the Bulls ask of him, then, it would be a great move. I just don't believe Melo will ever change his stripes.

That's why I'm on the fence. I can see the good, and bad of getting him.

Bringing Melo here would be going "All In" with him, and the money they'd have to give him. The Bulls would have to get rid of: Boozer, Gibson, and Dunleavy. Even then, the Bulls would then only be able to offer around $17 Million per year, about $5 million less than NY. This is according to the Radio "Experts" here.

That would leave the Bulls: Rose, Melo, Noah, and Butler, with scrubs to fill out the roster. Would that be Enough to win a Title?

It would all depend on how dedicated Melo is to getting better.

I don't know if I want him here. But like I keep saying, the only other option for the Bulls is to stay pat and bring in Mirotic next year. That would mean keeping Gibson, and $$ for some lesser FA. But .......is this option any better??

The ONLY solution: the Bulls NEED to be Sold to an Owner that Cares about basketball!!!!!!!! NO MORE SETTLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!