Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Talk about anything here.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:For anyone to sit here and say that Curry is a better offensive player than LeBron is laughable.

LeBron just being on the court had the Bulls fearing for their lives over Jame freaking Jones lol.

Stop with the nonsense. Curry is a hell of a shooter, and he is a very good player, but offensively, defensively, intangables, whatever you want to discuss, LeBron is better. Curry shoots the 3 ball better, but it ends right there.
So LeBron is a better ball handler than Curry? A better jump shooter (non-3 ball)?
LeBron is a better offensive player. Not only do the stats bear that out, but watch a game.

If you want to tell me that Curry might beat LeBron in the Skills challenge at the all-star break, I won't argue. But, LeBron has a scoring title, and, other than his rookie season right out of high school has never averaged less than 25 points a game, and Curry hasn't even done that once...even with all of the 3's he shoots at a very high percentage.
Curry is a good passer, but he simply doesn't have the vision and the court awareness LeBron has. And, for as good as Curry is, he simply doesn't get the attention from opposing defenses like LeBron does.
Curry has a LONG way to go before his fans can start ranking him ahead of LeBron lol.
First and foremost, I didn't definitively state that Curry was a better offensive player than LeBron; rather, I said a reasonable argument could be made. There's a difference. After that...

1) "Not only do the stats bear that out, but watch a game."

LeBron: 25.2ppg / 7.4apg; .488 / .354 / .710 / .577 TS%; ORating: 112; Offensive Win Shares: 7.4

Curry: 23.8ppg / 7.7apg; .487 / .443 / .914 / ..638 TS%; ORating: 122; Offensive Win Shares: 11.5

The statement above is factually untrue, and there really isn't any room for debate. Curry bested LeBron by a significant margin from a statistical standpoint this past season.

2) "Curry doesn't get the attention LeBron gets from opposing defenses."

To use your own line against you, "watch a game." Right now, Stephen Curry gets as much or more attention from opposing defenses than any single player in the NBA. LeBron is an incredible offensive force, but teams always have the same strategy when defending him: pack the paint, and dare him to make jumpers. LeBron is so good that he almost always finds a way to get his, but there is a "book" on how to defend him.

Teams are still trying to figure out what to do with Curry. If you run two guys at him once he crosses half court, he beats you with his handle or he gets the ball to a teammate leaving the offense with a 4 on 3 advantage; if you pack it in, he will murder you with jump shots. Every team that plays GS has "stopping/slowing Curry" as their #1 and #2 priorities. Give me a break, riley.

3) "Curry is a good passer, but he doesn't have the vision/court awareness LeBron does."

Well, we can't objectively "prove" who has better court vision, and assist totals certainly don't tell the whole story, but Curry averaged more assists than LeBron this season despite playing almost 4 fewer minutes per game. He averaged more assists than LeBron last year, as well.

Like I said, the discrepancy between the two defensively gives LeBron the clear edge overall, but offensively it's debatable.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:lol @ playing in the garbage East and being allowed to 'billy club" your way into separation in the half court.

LeManufactured.
Doesn't matter if he plays in the east. When he steps on the court, against an Eastern team or a Western team, no other player in the league gets the attention, and gameplanning he gets.
I understand your agenda of not giving LeBron credit with the way he has ruined the Bulls fanbases lives, and I understand why the Kobe Kids want to take away from the guy as well.
What I don't get is ahow a Warrior fan can come in here and proclaim Curry a better player lol.

LeManufactured
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
So LeBron is a better ball handler than Curry? A better jump shooter (non-3 ball)?
LeBron is a better offensive player. Not only do the stats bear that out, but watch a game.

If you want to tell me that Curry might beat LeBron in the Skills challenge at the all-star break, I won't argue. But, LeBron has a scoring title, and, other than his rookie season right out of high school has never averaged less than 25 points a game, and Curry hasn't even done that once...even with all of the 3's he shoots at a very high percentage.
Curry is a good passer, but he simply doesn't have the vision and the court awareness LeBron has. And, for as good as Curry is, he simply doesn't get the attention from opposing defenses like LeBron does.
Curry has a LONG way to go before his fans can start ranking him ahead of LeBron lol.
First and foremost, I didn't definitively state that Curry was a better offensive player than LeBron; rather, I said a reasonable argument could be made. There's a difference. After that...

LeBron: 25.2ppg / 7.4apg; .488 / .354 / .710 / .577 TS%; ORating: 112; Offensive Win Shares: 7.4

Curry: 23.8ppg / 7.7apg; .487 / .443 / .914 / ..638 TS%; ORating: 122; Offensive Win Shares: 11.5

The statement above is factually untrue, and there really isn't any room for debate. Curry bested LeBron by a significant margin from a statistical standpoint this past season.

To use your own line against you, "watch a game." Right now, Stephen Curry gets as much or more attention from opposing defenses than any single player in the NBA. LeBron is an incredible offensive force, but teams always have the same strategy when defending him: pack the paint, and dare him to make jumpers. LeBron is so good that he almost always finds a way to get his, but there is a "book" on how to defend him.

Teams are still trying to figure out what to do with Curry. If you run two guys at him once he crosses half court, he beats you with his handle or he gets the ball to a teammate leaving the offense with a 4 on 3 advantage; if you pack it in, he will murder you with jump shots. Every team that plays GS has "stopping/slowing Curry" as their #1 and #2 priorities. Give me a break, riley.

3) "Curry is a good passer, but he doesn't have the vision/court awareness LeBron does."

Well, we can't objectively "prove" who has better court vision, and assist totals certainly don't tell the whole story, but Curry averaged more assists than LeBron this season despite playing almost 4 fewer minutes per game. He averaged more assists than LeBron last year, as well.

Like I said, the discrepancy between the two defensively gives LeBron the clear edge overall, but offensively it's debatable.
All of this is irrelevant. If you said an arguement could be made that Curry might have had a little better stats offensively then LeBron this season, go for it.
But, again, in LeBron's "down" year (HMMMM...new team, shitty coach, injuries, boredom, major roster shakeups in season), he is still neck and neck with Curry's greatest season ever.
However, if we look at what LeBron has done over his career offensively vs. what Curry has done offensively, LOL, please.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:lol @ playing in the garbage East and being allowed to 'billy club" your way into separation in the half court.

LeManufactured.
Doesn't matter if he plays in the east. When he steps on the court, against an Eastern team or a Western team, no other player in the league gets the attention, and gameplanning he gets.
I understand your agenda of not giving LeBron credit with the way he has ruined the Bulls fanbases lives, and I understand why the Kobe Kids want to take away from the guy as well.
What I don't get is ahow a Warrior fan can come in here and proclaim Curry a better player lol.

LeManufactured
LeWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

LeManufactured
LeWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LeFaaaaaaaaaaaaacts

U Mad

lol
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:

LeManufactured

LeFaaaaaaaaaaaaacts

U Mad

lol
Far from it kiddo. I am mocking you because LeBron has clearly forced you to grow a vagina lol.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

All of this is irrelevant. If you said an arguement could be made that Curry might have had a little better stats offensively then LeBron this season, go for it.
But, again, in LeBron's "down" year (HMMMM...new team, shitty coach, injuries, boredom, major roster shakeups in season), he is still neck and neck with Curry's greatest season ever.
However, if we look at what LeBron has done over his career offensively vs. what Curry has done offensively, LOL, please.
1) All of it's "irrelevant" why? Because it proved your assertions to be false? You said "LeBron is better statistically" and I proved that that statement was factually false by a substantial margin. "Wow, I didn't realize that" would have been a more appropriate response.

2) Speaking of irrelevant," get that straw man at the end the fuck out of here, bro. Nobody anywhere in this thread ever said that Curry has done more offensively over the course of his career than LeBron has (except for maybe Madnesss, and he's obviously trolling...are you?), so I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up. That's like me saying "Anthony Davis is currently a better defensive player than Tim Duncan," and someone responding with "Duncan has done way more defensively over his career than Davis!"
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

LeFaaaaaaaaaaaaacts

U Mad

lol
Far from it kiddo. I am mocking you because LeBron has clearly forced you to grow a vagina lol.
More empty rhetoric and deflections........eh kiddo....?

roflmao
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

1) All of it's "irrelevant" why? Because it proved your assertions to be false? You said "LeBron is better statistically" and I proved that that statement was factually false by a substantial margin. "Wow, I didn't realize that" would have been a more appropriate response.

2) Speaking of irrelevant," get that straw man at the end the fuck out of here, bro. Nobody anywhere in this thread ever said that Curry has done more offensively over the course of his career than LeBron has (except for maybe Madnesss, and he's obviously trolling...are you?), so I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up. That's like me saying "Anthony Davis is currently a better defensive player than Tim Duncan," and someone responding with "Duncan has done way more defensively over his career than Davis!"
You have proven nothing other than you are a huge Curry homer.

Get back to me when Curry can put up THESE types of numbers consistently...
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... bron-james" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Curry and LeBron had very similar stats this season, yet you somehow think that Curry was better by a "substantial margin" lol. Like I said, LeBron had a down year and he was still just as good as Curry's CAREER year.
Curry will NEVER achieve what LeBron has offensively. He just simply doesn't bring to the table what LeBron brings. There is a reason everyone always says that LeBron is a hybrid of Magic, Bird, and Jordan.
I get it, I am a huge homer for my team's too, but, you are getting a little (actually a lot) ahead of yourself here. Curry had a hell of a year.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

I don't understand why you guys even entertain Sadmesses' Clevetown'esque trolling.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:

LeFaaaaaaaaaaaaacts

U Mad

lol

roflmao
the only thing that is empty is your head kiddo lol.
Take a look at that picture and cry some more lol.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... bron-james" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Curry and LeBron had very similar stats this season, yet you somehow think that Curry was better by a "substantial margin" lol. Like I said, LeBron had a down year and he was still just as good as Curry's CAREER year.
Curry will NEVER achieve what LeBron has offensively. He just simply doesn't bring to the table what LeBron brings. There is a reason everyone always says that LeBron is a hybrid of Magic, Bird, and Jordan.
I get it, I am a huge homer for my team's too, but, you are getting a little (actually a lot) ahead of yourself here. Curry had a hell of a year.
They weren't that similar, riley. That's not being a homer, that's looking at the numbers and understanding what I'm looking at. Look at the basic numbers, the mpg, the advanced statistics...Curry was the better offensive player statistically by a fairly wide margin. Call LeBron the better offensive player all you want, call this past year a down year that he'll bounce back from; hell, call it whatever you like...

...but when you stare at numbers and claim they're "close" when they're not, I'm not sure how we can have anything close to an intelligent dialogue about this.

Again, nobody is talking about career achievements, we're talking about who the better offensive player is right now.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

They weren't that similar, riley. That's not being a homer, that's looking at the numbers and understanding what I'm looking at. Look at the basic numbers, the mpg, the advanced statistics...Curry was the better offensive player statistically by a fairly wide margin. Call LeBron the better offensive player all you want, call this past year a down year that he'll bounce back from; hell, call it whatever you like...

...but when you stare at numbers and claim they're "close" when they're not, I'm not sure how we can have anything close to an intelligent dialogue about this.

Again, nobody is talking about career achievements, we're talking about who the better offensive player is right now.
We can't have an intelligent discussion because you are not being realistic. Curry had a PER of 28, LeBron's was 26. I got no problem with you saying that THIS YEAR you could argue Curry was better offensively, but to simply proclaim that as a given going foward is just ridiculous.

One thing I know for sure, Curry will NEVER touch LeBron's offensive prowess that he had over the last 10 years before this season.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

roflmao

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:

roflmao

Thank you for showing everyone the size of your pea brain kiddo lol. LeBron has destroyed you and the rest of the Bulltards. Shit still stings don't it lol?
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

We can't have an intelligent discussion because you are not being realistic. Curry had a PER of 28, LeBron's was 26. I got no problem with you saying that THIS YEAR you could argue Curry was better offensively, but to simply proclaim that as a given going foward is just ridiculous.

One thing I know for sure, Curry will NEVER touch LeBron's offensive prowess that he had over the last 10 years before this season.
When did I proclaim it as a "given going forward?"

This has nothing to do with me being unrealistic and everything to do with you stating and reaffirming falsehoods ("LeBron's stats are better" followed by "the stats are close") while also creating straw men left and right ("LeBron has achieved way more offensively over his career than Curry," "it's a given going forward that Curry will always be offensively better than LeBron," etc.).

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron." That was the statement.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Thank you for showing everyone the size of your pea brain kiddo lol. LeBron has destroyed you and the rest of the Bulltards. Shit still stings don't it lol?

Not really....Been saying all year the Bulls were too flawed and had a "Punchers chance" to reach the finals at best.

keep trying to avoid the facts and deflecting your FSU destruction though kidddo.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

When did I proclaim it as a "given going forward?"

This has nothing to do with me being unrealistic and everything to do with you stating and reaffirming falsehoods ("LeBron's stats are better" followed by "the stats are close") while also creating straw men left and right ("LeBron has achieved way more offensively over his career than Curry," "it's a given going forward that Curry will always be offensively better than LeBron," etc.).

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron." That was the statement.
That last statement is actually misleading. The only thing one could "reasonably" say is that Curry may have had a better offensive season THIS YEAR.

The reality is, LeBron's had had 10 seasons in which he BLOWS away Curry's best season, and, he had had 10 seasons in which Curry will NEVER match.
You can write off LeBron if you want to. He is still the best player in the NBA, he is still better than Curry, and one season doesn't change that.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:

Not really....Been saying all year the Bulls were too flawed and had a "Punchers chance" to reach the finals at best.

keep trying to avoid the facts and deflecting your FSU destruction though kidddo.
Who is deflecting anything? FSU lost. Big deal, what does that have to do with the fact that LeBron makes you have your period?

LOL at this kid saying I am deflecting, and then brings up the Seminoles in a thread about Curry and LeBron lol.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

How far is LeBron from his offensive prime right now, in your estimation? He's still explosive as hell athletically, the improvement to his jumper plateaued years ago (he improved it a ton from his early years but then it kind of leveled off), etc.

Last season was arguably as good as any offensive season he's ever had...

Well he has obviously dropped off since then. 48% shooting is great, but it's not the 55% (give or take) he was putting up in Miami.
I think a little of that has to do with joining a new team that relies on him more, new system/coach, and being injured earlier in the year.

Do you really think that his "prime" officially ended last year and he's a substantially inferior offensive player today than he was a year ago?

If not, then I don't really see how you can say that "prime LeBron" was better offensively than Curry, but "current LeBron" might not be.

I'm not trying to bust your balls here, I just don't see where you're coming from on this one.

Yeah, I more or less think his prime is done. He's still the best player in the league, but the otherworldly Lebron we saw in Miami isn't the same Lebron that plays for these Cavs. The guy has made four very deep PO runs in a row, so some wear and tear should be expected. So like I said, if we're comparing this version of Lebron to Curry, then yes, there's a good argument that Curry is better on offense. If we're comparing prime Lebron to Curry, then it's pretty lopsided.