Is this board not getting as much traffic because...

Talk about anything here.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Re: Is this board not getting as much traffic because...

Post by FPL »

deezna10 wrote:Is there not a notification tab?
There isn't any in the traditional sense. Because of how the database/structure is set up, it can't be rigged the same way as on ProBoards.

On the old board there were 3 things that gave you notifications though:

1) Liking posts. We implemented a "Thanks" system here, and you get a PM whenever you're thanked.
2) Quoting posters. I added a link to the top of the page that says "Who quoted me?". Click it, and it'll list every time you're quoted.
3) Tagging posters. I haven't implemented this yet, but I'll work on it. I don't think it was used very much on the old board, but I want to add it back in on here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

ripper76 wrote:The DarkFx theme is a lot cleaner looking than subsilver2 in my opinion. Easier on the eyes too. I'm going with that one myself.

House, do you mean posters switching names, or posting styles when you talk about switching of identities?
Both. Take some of the posters in this thread alone. Names like Cobra Kai, Incognito, and Wiseguy. I have no clue who they are, or what their previous handles were, nor do I care to 'figure it out'. Familiarity counts for something a little here. If I want to post with a bunch of strangers in high volume, I could do that at PSR.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
ripper76 wrote:The DarkFx theme is a lot cleaner looking than subsilver2 in my opinion. Easier on the eyes too. I'm going with that one myself.

House, do you mean posters switching names, or posting styles when you talk about switching of identities?
Both. Take some of the posters in this thread alone. Names like Cobra Kai, Incognito, and Wiseguy. I have no clue who they are, or what their previous handles were, nor do I care to 'figure it out'. Familiarity counts for something a little here. If I want to post with a bunch of strangers in high volume, I could do that at PSR.
I do agree with that part.

Changing your name as often as you change your shirt seems kind of silly to me.

People should just stick to the name they were best known for on ESPN.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

lettherebehouse wrote:

Incognito is Scottpilgrim, he changed names a while back.

I also have no idea who Cobra Kai and Wiseguy are, and find it obnoxious that they changed IDs.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

kobeunderbite wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

I also have no idea who Cobra Kai and Wiseguy are, and find it obnoxious that they changed IDs.
Cobra Kai is Ignoblis Noblis (sp) and Wiseguy is Puppetmaster.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

[color=#400000][/color][quote="kobeunderbite"]What is the big deal about the format of the board? Fp is working to keep everyone happy, and you'll get used to it regardless. The important thing is that we have a place where we won't be shut down.

People like Denali bitching and saying that they don't want to post anymore because of the format is ridiculous.[/quote]

Where was I bitching and where did I I say that?
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

I know it is annoying when folks change their name on a new board.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Denali you know what I'm talking about, don't play dumb.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

[quote="kobeunderbite"]Denali you know what I'm talking about, don't play dumb.[/quote]

I actually don't so, please advise...
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

Reasons why this board isn't getting much traffic (supposedly):

-Cluttered board
-Members got tired of having their ALL-TIME classic posts (from ProBoards) deleted and thrown to the gutter over and over
-Members got tired of having to re-register on a new board...it's very TIRING having to register over and over
-This board is an echo chamber

and

-yo momma!
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote: Both. Take some of the posters in this thread alone. Names like Cobra Kai, Incognito, and Wiseguy. I have no clue who they are, or what their previous handles were, nor do I care to 'figure it out'. Familiarity counts for something a little here. If I want to post with a bunch of strangers in high volume, I could do that at PSR.

I think that's an ALT. That name used to only pop up when there was a poll on the original angersports. They didn't even make a post for months after the board was set up and then all the sudden became a 50 post a day user.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of the ALT accounts all together.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Im going to start putting this board's url in my sigs to the different sports forums im a part of.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

TheStig wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote: Incognito is Scottpilgrim, he changed names a while back.

I think that's an ALT. That name used to only pop up when there was a poll on the original angersports. They didn't even make a post for months after the board was set up and then all the sudden became a 50 post a day user.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of the ALT accounts all together.
See ya.
TheStig
All-Star

Post by TheStig »

ripper76 wrote: See ya.
This is the only account I have. I'd think with you being a mod and all you wouldn't be such a dumb ass and be able to verify that.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

:noidea:

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!