Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Do you stand with Victor Oladipo?

Post by PhutureDynasty »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

Last updated February 5th

"Biggest Stud: How could I not give this to Michael Carter-Williams, the No. 11 pick of the 2013 Draft. It's not every season when a player picked below No. 10 grabs the nation's attention, but MCW has done just that, leading all rookies in scoring, rebounding and assists and is far and away the early leader for Rookie of the Year."
I don't depend on other people for MY opinion. What are you, a drone?
Lol. Great rebuttal.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
You conveniently left off Oladipo having a better 3pt%, Oladipo playing less minutes, and Oladipo not starting a majority of the time.
I already mentioned Oladipo is more efficient but as of before this game their 3p% is the same at .296. It isn't MCW's fault Oladipo can't start on his own team and despite the fact that he doesn't start the disparity in minutes is 2.6 more for Carter-Williams. Not that much to explain the gap in stats in favor of MCW.
So tonight's game doesn't count? Too soon?

5-18, 0-3 from 3, 8 turnovers, chucking until the buzzer when down 40+.
So what you are saying is this game alone will decide the rookie of the year votes? Great call.

MCW's 3p% will drop from .296 to something below; is that going to sway the voters in Oladipo's favor? Lol.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

"Biggest Stud: How could I not give this to Michael Carter-Williams, the No. 11 pick of the 2013 Draft. It's not every season when a player picked below No. 10 grabs the nation's attention, but MCW has done just that, leading all rookies in scoring, rebounding and assists and is far and away the early leader for Rookie of the Year."
Oladipo is clearly the better player and has been playing out of position all season on top of that..
Okafor won roty over dwight...means jack shit
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elartman1973 wrote:

Oladipo is clearly the better player and has been playing out of position all season on top of that..
Do you hear me saying MCW will have a better career than Oladipo? Clearly not, nobody knows that yet.
This conversation is about who is the early favorite for rookie of the year and based on the stats most objective people agree it's MCW.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

MCW > Dipo for ROY there is still time to change that obviously though.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:

Do you hear me saying MCW will have a better career than Oladipo? Clearly not, nobody knows that yet.
This conversation is about who is the early favorite for rookie of the year and based on the stats most objective people agree it's MCW.
MCW isnt on the same level as Oladipo...nobody cares about rookie of the year..
Oladipo would be crushing it more if he traded places with MCW...

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Oladipo is clearly the better player and has been playing out of position all season on top of that..
So if Oladipo is going to be crushing it in the NBA how come the Magic coaching staff doesn't give him more minutes over Jameer Nelson? You can make your outlandish claims about who will be the better player later, I am simply talking about the current day.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Oladipo is clearly the better player and has been playing out of position all season on top of that..
[youtube]wqgaa_kdX-E[/youtube]
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

AlaskaHawks wrote:MCW > Dipo for ROY there is still time to change that obviously though.
I agree with this. I would admit it if I thought Oladipo had the edge; I don't care that much about MCW winning it but right now he is the favorite.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: Do you hear me saying MCW will have a better career than Oladipo? Clearly not, nobody knows that yet.
So if Oladipo is going to be crushing it in the NBA how come the Magic coaching staff doesn't give him more minutes over Jameer Nelson? You can make your outlandish claims about who will be the better player later, I am simply talking about the current day.
Hes been learning a new position all season
And they are making a.point not to rush him..its been stated many times...the sixers have no choice

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: MCW isnt on the same level as Oladipo...nobody cares about rookie of the year..
And they are making a.point not to rush him..its been stated many times...the sixers have no choice
LOL @ nothing but excuses from Arturo.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: So if Oladipo is going to be crushing it in the NBA how come the Magic coaching staff doesn't give him more minutes over Jameer Nelson? You can make your outlandish claims about who will be the better player later, I am simply talking about the current day.
What excuses? I dont need any..i have eyes..oladipo is the better player and still has the much higher ceiling

swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Yes, I do. I am glad the Cleve's passed on him for the chubby Canuck.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

elartman1973 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Hes been learning a new position all season
What excuses? I dont need any..i have eyes..oladipo is the better player and still has the much higher ceiling
Your excuse of "New position" Just because he isn't good enough to play his original position doesn't make it a worthwhile excuse.
Bill Russell

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
Your excuse of "New position" Just because he isn't good enough to play his original position doesn't make it a worthwhile excuse.
Who says he isnt good enough? He would do even better but its notnwhats needed..he will need to llay both..MCW doesnt..kobe never could either

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

elartman1973 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: What excuses? I dont need any..i have eyes..oladipo is the better player and still has the much higher ceiling
Who says he isnt good enough? He would do even better but its notnwhats needed..he will need to llay both..MCW doesnt..kobe never could either
LOL. Kobe has played out of position a TON throughout his career. You are such a basketball novice.
Bill Russell

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
LOL. Kobe has played out of position a TON throughout his career. You are such a basketball novice.
Is that why you lakers homers were making a big deal about him playjng pg recently

DESTROYED

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

elartman1973 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Who says he isnt good enough? He would do even better but its notnwhats needed..he will need to llay both..MCW doesnt..kobe never could either
Is that why you lakers homers were making a big deal about him playjng pg recently

DESTROYED
I didn't see that, breh. He has played in the triangle most of his career until recently, so there was never a traditional PG.
Bill Russell

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

When I started this thread I expected it to sink.

Z
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

DESTROYED
I didn't see that, breh. He has played in the triangle most of his career until recently, so there was never a traditional PG.
Like i said