17%
5-7
75%
8-10
8%

Total votes: 24

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: Where do you rank Larry Bird All time?

Post by rileymartin »

Bird did something that pretty much no one else in NBA history has done. He won 3 titles when he had no business winning 3 titles.

Even wilt couldn't break through against those Ruseel lead Boston teams 3 times. In any other era other than the 80's, Bird probably wins 7 or 8 titles.

Definitely a top 3 player all time, especially when you throw in the fact that he almost single handedly saved the NBA.
Carpediem77
Superstar

Post by Carpediem77 »

Anywhere from 6-8
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

americaninfidel wrote:#5, behind Jordan, Magic, Kareem and Russell.
I have Bird 5th as well, and behind the same four guys, although I have the order different. I have Rusell first, Jordan 2nd, Kareem third, Magic 4th and then Bird.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

fpliii wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
constitutionnomore wrote:

..but you have established that Jordan/Russell - Russell/Jordan are your GOAT's, correct?
If Russell played in todays game he'd be another Bimack Biyombo. You can't even consider player before 1985 imo. lol at a player in the 1950's being considered GOAT.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree. IMO all stars who came into the league post-shotclock would be able to succeed, though obviously some would need at least a full summer and training camp to get used to today's league/game. I respect your opinion but I think Russ would dominate in any era:
[youtube]JWelUNrJUMM[/youtube]
[youtube]SF22xiRxHv8[/youtube]
[youtube]Zod87fjoyv0[/youtube]

Nice clips... !!!
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

6th

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Conventional wisdom has Bird solidly in the 5-7 range... As is the case with this poll. You're trying pretty hard to be difficult/different if your answer is one of the other choices.