David Stern

Talk about anything here.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Re: David Stern

Post by Smelters »

Grizz You seem to be upset that I am calling Stern out. I haven't called you or anyone out for thinking that he is beyond reproach. Everyone has their own opinion. So why are you calling me names?
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

Smelters wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Smelters wrote: Are you related to him? Even the smartest person who just goes along with everyone else is, what?
Are you trolling, or a moron? I give you the benefit of the doubt that I think most of your posts are trolling.

It's cute to be "different" and take the opposing view, but sometimes it just confirms that you're an idiot.
No trolling. Stern rode the perfect wave and yet still is stained by lockouts also. The ref scandal also was on his watch but it was just a "rogue" ref, Yeah okay!!! When you here rogue then watch out. Rigged drafts and games also were on Stern's watch.

Oh didn't he veto a trade that sent CP3 to the Lakers? and I'm far from a laker fan. Go ahead with the crowd, I like to make my own decisions.

You can surely have your own opinion but when knowledgable people in both basketball and the business world give cold hard facts as to why and how Stern saved the NBA and made it prosper--most are prone to listen and accept-(that is not "going with the crowd"--that is common sense.
And FYI--Stern had no authority to cancel the Paul trade without the consent of the owners (only people who he reports to)
"stained by lockouts and scandal?" ABSOLUTELY!! And yet, because of him, the league is now having the best 2 seasons in the last 7 years and that is without Kobe and and other prime time players
He openly admits to several mistakes -but success speaks for itself.
sportswise1
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

You can surely have your own opinion but when knowledgable people in both basketball and the business world give cold hard facts as to why and how Stern saved the NBA and made it prosper--most are prone to listen and accept-(that is not "going with the crowd"--that is common sense.
And FYI--Stern had no authority to cancel the Paul trade without the consent of the owners (only people who he reports to)
"stained by lockouts and scandal?" ABSOLUTELY!! And yet, because of him, the league is now having the best 2 seasons in the last 7 years and that is without Kobe and and other prime time players
He openly admits to several mistakes -but success speaks for itself.[/quote]

Where did you get this information. I need a link. I'm am not saying the league isn't making more money but I think that has to do with ownership changes in Sacramento and Charlotte which infuses the league with additional capital. The Lakers and Knicks are still steady financially and most of the teams who supposedly were losing money; are now just reporting it more correctly.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

NotAgain wrote:You can surely have your own opinion but when knowledgable people in both basketball and the business world give cold hard facts as to why and how Stern saved the NBA and made it prosper--most are prone to listen and accept-(that is not "going with the crowd"--that is common sense.
Where did you get this information. I need a link. I'm am not saying the league isn't making more money but I think that has to do with ownership changes in Sacramento and Charlotte which infuses the league with additional capital. The Lakers and Knicks are still steady financially and most of the teams who supposedly were losing money; are now just reporting it more correctly.[/quote]

You don't know where to find info like this?
Try SI mag
Try Money Mag
Try any sports site
google it

up until 3 years ago there were 22 teams that did not make any money--now there are only 7 teams and the NBA had it most profitable season ever last year and so far this year

The NBA reports the earnings every year
sportswise1
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

I picked up a basketball for the very first time when I was 7 years old and Stern's signature was one of the first things I noticed on it. Does seem like a part of my childhood died now that it will be replaced by Adam Silver's signature.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

sportswise1 wrote:
NotAgain wrote:You can surely have your own opinion but when knowledgable people in both basketball and the business world give cold hard facts as to why and how Stern saved the NBA and made it prosper--most are prone to listen and accept-(that is not "going with the crowd"--that is common sense.
Where did you get this information. I need a link. I'm am not saying the league isn't making more money but I think that has to do with ownership changes in Sacramento and Charlotte which infuses the league with additional capital. The Lakers and Knicks are still steady financially and most of the teams who supposedly were losing money; are now just reporting it more correctly.

You don't know where to find info like this?
Try SI mag
Try Money Mag
Try any sports site
google it

up until 3 years ago there were 22 teams that did not make any money--now there are only 7 teams and the NBA had it most profitable season ever last year and so far this year

The NBA reports the earnings every year[/quote]

Try posting a link. Otherwise I call bs. The NBA post earnings every year but teams are not always forthcoming. During the lockout there was a dispute regarding certain income that was not being reported and shared by owners to players. Not all loses are losses. The owners have other business' and sometimes they need to take losses. The NBA can be made to seem like a losing business but it isn't and never was (Since Magic/Bird)