Lebron shitting the bed again

Talk about anything here.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Lebron shitting the bed again

Post by Alex_Murphy »

I agree with TDK in this thread. That Jordan’s dream teams dominated the world and Jordan was not only the GOAT of the NBA but GOAT of the WORLD! Str8 shitting on teams and countries in Barcelona, like it ain’t no thing. On the cover of big Mac boxes and McDonald’s cups and fries. Lebron may be special but he’s no GOAT not even close on the world stage of basketball dominance.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:25 pm I agree with TDK in this thread. That Jordan’s dream teams dominated the world and Jordan was not only the GOAT of the NBA but GOAT of the WORLD! Str8 shitting on teams and countries in Barcelona, like it ain’t no thing. On the cover of big Mac boxes and McDonald’s cups and fries. Lebron may be special but he’s no GOAT not even close on the world stage of basketball dominance.
I make it a point to essentially always ignore you Leoss. You're either always trolling, or being an ass or stupid.

But I couldn't resist here.

TDK hasn't even posted in this thread you moron. 😂😂😂
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:27 pm
Alex_Murphy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:25 pm I agree with TDK in this thread. That Jordan’s dream teams dominated the world and Jordan was not only the GOAT of the NBA but GOAT of the WORLD! Str8 shitting on teams and countries in Barcelona, like it ain’t no thing. On the cover of big Mac boxes and McDonald’s cups and fries. Lebron may be special but he’s no GOAT not even close on the world stage of basketball dominance.
I make it a point to essentially always ignore you Leoss. You're either always trolling, or being an ass or stupid.

But I couldn't resist here.

TDK hasn't even posted in this thread you moron. 😂😂😂
No, but TDK’s lapdog did.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

I can't imagine having to defend a team for being so mentally weak that they needed a last-second layup to squeak by a team they were favored to beat by 40+ points...

Spoiler:
...and then claim that THAT team could beat the GOAT Dream Team of 92

:mjlaugh:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Remember when the original Dream Team lost to a college team? 😂😂😂

Of course, back then, college teams were better than almost all international teams, so we have to remember that. It wasn't that bad - really.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Lets dumb this down a little, a fucking scrimmage, AKA exhibition game. Who cares? USA could have lost, what would have that meant.

I am still on team, Fuck LeBron. Thinking this game means anything to anyone. LOL.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Da Stars. wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:26 pm Lets dumb this down a little, a fucking scrimmage, AKA exhibition game. Who cares? USA could have lost, what would have that meant.

I am still on team, Fuck LeBron. Thinking this game means anything to anyone. LOL.
Smartest take in the thread. :suds:
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:10 pm
Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:04 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:58 pm

Deez, you're dumb as a fucking brick. How you make it through life amazes me sometimes. I'm usually gentle on you because I feel sorry for you, but I have my limits.

I was "partly" trolling, but I do think today's team wins a series pretty much every time. It's just the evolution of the game Deez. Don't take it personally that your heroes would be outmatched. If the 3 point line hadn't become such a big part of the game, it would be a different fight. But it has. Guarding out to the arc is a bitch and if you can't make enough 3s, the lanes aren't as open. Making 2s at 50% is great, but making 3s at 38% is better, and it allows you to make 2s at 55% because the lane opens up.

It's evolution of the game.
Yeah and you have shown you are as dumb as a box of rocks with a lot of your bush league takes too. Problem is todays teams doesn’t have the inside presence with the dream team. The dream team won’t need to be knocking down threes to beat them. They can defend a hell of a lot better too.
You're talking out your ass Deez. It's all you can do because you don't have the ability to think and analyze. There were a lot of marginal defenders on that dream team Deez. Take off your 90s tinted glasses.
And todays team has marginal at best defenders
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:29 pm
Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:04 pm

Yeah and you have shown you are as dumb as a box of rocks with a lot of your bush league takes too. Problem is todays teams doesn’t have the inside presence with the dream team. The dream team won’t need to be knocking down threes to beat them. They can defend a hell of a lot better too.
You're talking out your ass Deez. It's all you can do because you don't have the ability to think and analyze. There were a lot of marginal defenders on that dream team Deez. Take off your 90s tinted glasses.
I've got a challenge for you Deez. Take the rosters of both teams, and analyze just their defensive strengths and weaknesses. Go with starters first, at their ages and stages of their careers, and then key bench players.

Be specific. Strengths, weaknesses, where they can be exploited. Pick and roll, etc.

I'll follow after you!!!!

I can't wait!!!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Grizz truly believes today's NBA superstars would kill the superstars from the 90's YET Bill Russell would dominate today like he did in the 50's/60's.

:lol: :roll: :L

You can't make this stuff up people.
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:44 pm Grizz truly believes today's NBA superstars would kill the superstars from the 90's YET Bill Russell would dominate today like they did in the 50's/60's.

Lmao!
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:32 pm

I've got a challenge for you Deez. Take the rosters of both teams, and analyze just their defensive strengths and weaknesses. Go with starters first, at their ages and stages of their careers, and then key bench players.

Be specific. Strengths, weaknesses, where they can be exploited. Pick and roll, etc.

I can't wait!!!!
I’m making quick posts. Don’t have time to dissect every player right now but nobody is beating the 24 team at shooting threes and the 24 team isn’t gonna stop the dream team from scoring in the paint and also Jordan and Pippen have a hell of a lot better chance slowing down wing players from the 24 team defensively.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:46 pm

I can't wait!!!!
I’m making quick posts. Don’t have time to dissect every player right now but nobody is beating the 24 team at shooting threes and the 24 team isn’t gonna stop the dream team from scoring in the paint and also Jordan and Pippen have a hell of a lot better chance slowing down wing players from the 24 team defensively.
The 24 team has pretty damn good paint defenders Deez. Just saying. Embiid, Bam and Anthony Davis. Scoring in the paint might not be as easy as you think. Ewing wasn't that great deep in the paint either. Just saying.

The game has just evolved. Those guys on the original Dream team are/were amazing. It's not a knock on them. They were just born too soon.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

I can't wait!!!!
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:55 pm

I can't wait!!!!
The 24 team has pretty damn good paint defenders Deez. Just saying. Embiid, Bam and Anthony Davis. Scoring in the paint might not be as easy as you think. Ewing wasn't that great deep in the paint either. Just saying.

The game has just evolved. Those guys on the original Dream team are/were amazing. It's not a knock on them. They were just born too soon.
Barkley and Malone will be eating their cake too fast n the post.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:44 pm Grizz truly believes today's NBA superstars would kill the superstars from the 90's YET Bill Russell would dominate today like he did in the 50's/60's.

What made Russell great? His incredible athleticism, his defensive proficiency and basketball IQ.

His teams finished 1st in defense 12 of 13 seasons and 2nd the other. There is nothing like that in nba history. Not remotely close. It's as dominating as Ruth hitting more home runs than some teams back in the day.

The Celtics won 11 titles with a BELOW AVERAGE offense. While they always had the best defensive rating, they were always bottom half offensively. Think that through without your usual biases.

Defense translates over eras much more easily than offense. Sidney Moncrief was the best guard defender I ever saw play before his knee injury. He'd still be a great defender today. Maybe not the best in the NBA but if not, still pretty good. But he's a schlepp in terms of defensive impact compared to Russell. Closest thing to Russell was Ben on the Pistons and he's a pale imitation.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:21 pm

That's a dumb take Deez. Sorry. Barkley would 'get his' at a decent percentage but that's it. Malone wasn't much of a post player. He was a screen and roll and mid-range guy who choked his ass off when it mattered. Did you know Malone's fg% in the playoffs is under 46%????? Ewing wasn't a great post guy either. Embiid eats Ewing's lunch money.

Again, it's just the evolution of the game. If those guys were born thirty years later and had a more diversified game, it's a different argument.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

lol. Barely beat a bunch of dudes who live in mud huts

WEAKEST ERA EVER

LeFaggot most overrated EVER

Well, maybe not as weak as Bill Russell’s 50s/60s era. So actually second weakest era ever.

Don’t even bother to respond. If you try to argue these absolute facts you already lost
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:21 pm

The 92 Dream Team would terrorize the 2024 team from 20 feet in. Guys like Bam, Embiid and AD don't have to defend highly-skilled Offensive-minded 7-footers in/around the paint for 48 minutes a night in today's league... Robinson and Ewing would abuse them. Hell, Embiid would likely twist a knee early on and miss the majority of the game trying to keep up with the Admiral. Malone and Barkley would bully their man in the post and make them cry... imagine LeFraud trying to defend prime Barkley or Malone. LOLOL. The 92 team had dominating post, paint and mid-range players, and elite long-range shooters like Bird and Mullin... GOAT level Playmakers in Magic and Stockton, GOAT level perimeter Defenders, elite shot blockers and rim protectpors, athletic Bigs capable of defending the perimeter for the short stretches of time Embiid and AD spend out there, and I could go on and on but anyone who is being honest already knows this.

It would be a massacre by the 92 team, the more you think about it.

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LeBronze is embarrassing America. Keep this up, LeFuckFace.