“We have to find the right balance” - Adam Silver reveals why physical defense is no longer evident in the modern NBA

Talk about anything here.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: “We have to find the right balance” - Adam Silver reveals why physical defense is no longer evident in the modern NB

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Drunko now agrees with BLM loving, Democrat voting, liberal cuck Adam Silver

:haha2:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: “We have to find the right balance” - Adam Silver reveals why physical defense is no longer evident in the modern NB

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:08 pm Drunko now agrees with BLM loving, Democrat voting, liberal cuck Adam Silver
:L

I've been saying it for years; Silver just confirmed what you LeDickLickers refused to accept... and don't forget Rudy Gobert confirmed the same AND don't forget several Euro players have also confirmed that the NBA is soft relative to the Euro league... AND don't forget, you have to be completely blind OR a complete idiot not to see with your own eyes how soft / weak the Defense is today relative to the late 80's - early 00's.

:sadbron:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:08 pm Drunko now agrees with BLM loving, Democrat voting, liberal cuck Adam Silver

What does one thing have to do with the other.

You just proved you side with trumpsters on everything even when you disagree.

Fucking pathetic and absolutely spineless

I.agine disagreeing with facts just because you don't agree with the messengers politics

Jfc..YOUR people are the biggest stain on America because of this exact forced unwarranted childish division

Complete deflection with off topic personal attack forthcoming
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK has claimed player hit FTs (one of the most fundamental basketball skills) at record-paces today because there's a lack of handchecking and because the "rules are easier".

That's the level of basketball knowledge we are dealing with here, although to be fair TDK was 11th man on his 6-20 varsity team in high school, and was best friends with the alpha dog of the school (in reality, the top guy let TDK kiss his ass and tolerated his presence), so he knows a lot about the game from personal experience.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:29 am

TDK has claimed player hit FTs (one of the most fundamental basketball skills) at record-paces today because there's a lack of handchecking and because the "rules are easier".

That's the level of basketball knowledge we are dealing with here, although to be fair TDK was 11th man on his 6-20 varsity team in high school, and was best friends with the alpha dog of the school (in reality, the top guy let TDK kiss his ass and tolerated his presence), so he knows a lot about the game from personal experience.
Spewing bold-faced lies isn't a good look for someone (ie; you) who just got eviscerated by Silver/Dumars/Gobert/Euro's, who confirmed that today's NBA/Defense is weak and soft.

Try to be better, bush.

:L :L :L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:32 am
Spewing bold-faced lies isn't a good look for someone (ie; you) who just got eviscerated by Silver/Dumars/Gobert/Euro's, who confirmed that today's NBA/Defense is weak and soft.

Try to be better, bush.

:L :L :L
I didn't get "vaporized" at all, dummy.

I've repeatedly said on the board that:

a) the rules *are* oriented towards offense to some degree today, and
b) "muh rules" is insufficient in isolation to explain the magnitude of difference in offensive outputs vs older eras.

Both those elements are true and obvious. There's no contradiction whatsoever.

Superior FT shooting is actually one of the most blatant pieces of evidence to support point B above, since it completely removes rules and "in a vacuum" levels of defense, athleticism of opponents, etc... from the equation. It's a super-strong and conservative test being one of the easiest shots in the game, and the modern era blows passed it by leaps and bounds.

1950s FT percentage: 73.2
1960s FT percentage: 72.5
1970s FT percentage: 75.4
1980s FT percentage: 75.8
1990s FT percentage: 74.6
2000s: FT percentage: 75.4
2010s: FT percentage: 76.0
2024 FT percentage: 78.3

The modern NBA has a > 2x advantage over the 1990s (3.7 units) than the 1990s had over the 1950s (1.4 units)

:laugh4:

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba-le ... -by-decade
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Signed,
The NBA Commish, the NBA VP of Ops, the best Defensive Player in the game, and many Euro stars

Ouuuuch! That's gotta hurt several posters. I mean, there just ain't no coming back after that devastating ownage!

:mjlaugh:

:bird:

:bronfrown: :bronfrown: