That was a quick-ending "GOAT" claim for Brady

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: That was a quick-ending "GOAT" claim for Brady

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I will say both Brady and Mahomes leave Montana in the dust though.

Today's kickers are on par with the size/strength of most linebackers of the 1980s, and Montana did essentially nothing once he left the protective cocoon of San Fran.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:53 am I will say both Brady and Mahomes leave Montana in the dust though.

Today's kickers are on par with the size/strength of most linebackers of the 1980s, and Montana did essentially nothing once he left the protective cocoon of San Fran.
You mean his last 2 seasons in the league, at ages 37 and 38?

:lol: :roll: :L

And BTW... it doesn't matter what "size" the players are when the rules in place pamper and coddle the QB's like little babies (the way they do today vs. Montana's era).

You clearly never played Football... tackle football anyway. Stick to writing dissertations about those "fake stats" from the NBA that you love so much.

:roll:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:53 am I will say both Brady and Mahomes leave Montana in the dust though.

You mean the ages numerous QB's have dominated in recent years lol?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

And BTW... it doesn't matter what "size" the players are when the rules in place pamper and coddle the QB's like little babies (the way they do today vs. Montana's era).

You clearly never played Football... tackle football anyway. Stick to writing dissertations about those "fake stats" from the NBA that you love so much.

You aren't tough because you big-up a boomer era. You are still the weak individual in Chicago, with no personal sports accomplishment (which is why you project on this point so much), and substance abuse problems.

If you think Montana is > Brady let alone Mahomes because of rules you MUST (to be logically consistent), say that EVERY QB of that era was better too, since they all played under the same ruleset.

It's not an option.

Bernie Kosar > Brady
Dan Marino > Mahomes

Phil Simms > Brady

Which is absurd of course, but equally absurd as saying Montana > Brady/Mahomes
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:24 pm
Indeed.

I was going to let his comment go, but seriously...wtf is he talking about lol?

This is how you know TDK's sports fandom is based on psychological needs rather than more normal things fans usually connect to in their fandom.

He self-owns himself without even realizing it lol lol lol
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:24 pm

"recent years" when the rules in place have made it easier than ever to be a QB?
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Wait so Boomer TDK is a 49rs fan and a Bulls fan? Bandwagon city. Yikes.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:25 pm

You aren't tough because you big-up a boomer era. You are still the weak individual in Chicago, with no personal sports accomplishment (which is why you project on this point so much), and substance abuse problems.

If you think Montana is > Brady let alone Mahomes because of rules you MUST (to be logically consistent), say that EVERY QB of that era was better too, since they all played under the same ruleset.

It's not an option.

Bernie Kosar > Brady
Dan Marino > Mahomes

Phil Simms > Brady

Which is absurd of course, but equally absurd as saying Montana > Brady/Mahomes
What do your "fake stats" say about those QB's????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, it's a FACT that the rules make it much easier to be a QB today than it was in Montana's day... and in that MUCH TOUGHER era to play QB Montana went 4-0 in the Super Bowl, with 1,142 Yards, 11 TD's and 0 Int in those 4 games which >>>> Mahomes to date, so for you to claim Mahomes leaves Montana in the dust just shows a) you have no knowledge of Football, b) you are trolling artman-syle, or c) both.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

AlaskaHawks wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:45 pm Wait so Boomer TDK is a 49rs fan and a Bulls fan? Bandwagon city. Yikes.
What on earth gave you that idea... because I'm a Joe Montana fan?

:noidea:

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:55 pm
I don't care about football in any meaningful sense.

But if you say Montana > obviously superior QBs because "he played in a tougher ruleset", then you MUST conclude that all QBs of that era are superior too, because they all played within that ruleset.

It's not that complicated to understand.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:00 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:55 pm
I don't care about football in any meaningful sense.

But if you say Montana > obviously superior QBs because "he played in a tougher ruleset", then you MUST conclude that all QBs of that era are superior too, because they all played within that ruleset.

It's not that complicated to understand.
Era is one factor to consider... and in that respect Montana accomplished MORE than Mahomes has (to date) despite the fact that Joe Cool did his damage when it was much tougher to be a QB.

But fine... leave era's out of the equation and Montana's resume is STILL >>>> Mahomes.

Either way I'm right and you're not.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:13 pm im a boomer
Montana is behind Mahomes in literally everything that relates to actual talent at playing the sport of football, lol

It's legit like a five tier difference lol

Montana is as close to Mahomes in talent/skill as Robert Horry is to Karl Malone or Charles Barkley.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

"Joe Montana is 4-0 in the SB (1,142 Passing Yards / 11 TD's / 0 Int) vs. Mahomes, who is 3-1 with 1,071 Yards / 7 TD / 5 Int... yet Mahomes leaves Joe Cool in the dust."

Signed,
Someone with a Football IQ of -3 pretending like he knows something about Football

:lol: :roll: :L

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:26 pm babbling
What specific football skill/ability is Montana even approximately equal to Mahomes, let alone "overwhelmingly superior" like you claim?

Be specific.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:28 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:26 pm babbling
What specific football skill/ability is Montana even approximately equal to Mahomes, let alone "overwhelmingly superior" like you claim?

Be specific.
When did I say Montana was "overwhelmingly superior" to Mahomes, fool?

My position is that Mahomes has not (yet) accomplished enough to rank him ahead of Montana (or Brady) on the all-time list... as confirmed and backed-up by looking at their career stats, individual accolades/accomplishments (ie; All Pros, Pro Bowls, etc), performance vs. peers (ie; number of times leading league in major categories), their individual performances AND overall record in the Super Bowl, etc.

You, on the other hand, claimed Mahomes "leaves Montana in the dust". Thus, the onus is on you to back up your silly, uneducated opinion.

I'll wait.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:00 pm
When did I say Montana was "overwhelmingly superior" to Mahomes, fool?
Thank you for submitting, bending the knee, and running away from your position in fear.

I'm satisfied enough with that. I don't care about football.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Didn't Montana take the chiefs to the AFC championship game in his first year?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Think about like this. Brady lost to Eli Manning twice. Carson Wentz.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:43 pm Think about like this. Brady lost to Eli Manning twice. Carson Wentz.
Brady lost to Foles, not Wentz.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:49 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:43 pm Think about like this. Brady lost to Eli Manning twice. Carson Wentz.
Brady lost to Foles, not Wentz.

Me bad. My point still remains the same.