RIP "Barbenheimer" as Oppenhemier is DETHRONED by Meg, tied by Ninja Turtles Lolololol

Talk about anything here.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Re: RIP "Barbenheimer" as Oppenhemier is DETHRONED by Meg, tied by Ninja Turtles Lolololol

Post by zombiesonics »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:18 pm Holy shit, Nolan fags seriously need to ELIMINATE superhero movies as a category to generate any hype or achievement for him LOL.

They are unironically owning themselves :mjlaugh:
When discussing real cinema, superhero movies are eliminated.

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: RIP "Barbenheimer" as Oppenhemier is DETHRONED by Meg, tied by Ninja Turtles Lolololol

Post by kobeunderbite »

Superhero movies have raised the bar to a place that no one else can reach in terms of appeal, at least not with any consistency. It has gotten to the point where a Nolan movie battling to reach the 3rd tier of Marvel movies is something gleefully celebrated, even though the number is hugely inflated by its IMAX share.

And next summer... every SINGLE record Oppenheimer has set in relation to it being Rated R... poof. Gone.

Marvel looms :arnold:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:53 pm Superhero movies have raised the bar to a place that no one else can reach in terms of appeal, at least not with any consistency. It has gotten to the point where a Nolan movie battling to reach the 3rd tier of Marvel movies is something gleefully celebrated, even though the number is hugely inflated by its IMAX share.

And next summer... every SINGLE record Oppenheimer has set in relation to it being Rated R... poof. Gone.

For lowest common denominator minds like yours.
They are not good movies and have definitely watered down the film industry with pushing absolute trash down people like yous throat..I dont waste time on them so i see from afar .
I feel sorry for you that you even feel like you are in a place to praise them
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:53 pm Superhero movies have raised the bar to a place that no one else can reach in terms of appeal, at least not with any consistency. It has gotten to the point where a Nolan movie battling to reach the 3rd tier of Marvel movies is something gleefully celebrated, even though the number is hugely inflated by its IMAX share.

Wow, so true!

Everybody knows that making more money = better. That’s why Look Who’s Talking 2 is considered a better movie than Goodfellas. After all, it did make money at the box office in 1990.

And now you’re telling me that a massive budget Marvel sequel MIGHT make more money than a 3 hour biopic???

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Man is it easy getting Nolan fags all twisted up in a pretzel lol. Literally in the same thread,

"Look at how much money Nolan movies have made! What an amazing achievement!"
*points to MCU movies box office takes"
"No! Not like that!"

Holy shit lol

MCU movies will always be more celebrated and relevant than Nolan's movies. That has always been true and will be true until Nolan makes his last movie.

Easier to accept it than to fight it, going down kicking and screaming lol :lamontlol:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Imagine trying argue that fantasy kiddy movies are better than adult true event movies

Sad
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I've had a lot of deep emotional experiences during Marvel movies.

-Tony's Death
-Wanda's kids protecting their real mother in Strange 2 <3
-Odin taking Thor's power
-The Avengers splitting up because of politics :(

And so on...
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:40 pm I've had a lot of deep emotional experiences during Marvel movies.

-Tony's Death
-Wanda's kids protecting their real mother in Strange 2

And so on...

This could be an entire mega thread on its own. Nice prompt.

I will say that the flashbacks to Rocket's past in GotG3 might be the most emotional moments in the MCU and some of the most emotional I've seen in any movie. You could tell from the get go exactly what Gunn was doing and where things were going but it still hits you hard in the feels. Otherwise some other classics for me were,

"I'm with you till the end of the line."
"No. You're stronger."
"Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good."
“He may have been your father, but he wasn't your daddy.”
"We are Groot."

The entire opening to Infinity War was also very emotional, and a masterclass in setting the mood, tone, stage etc. for a movie. Everything about it - Thanos' monologue, Loki/Heimdall deaths, Thor obliterated, "Thanos is coming," I wouldn't change a single beat.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Besides what you two mentioned...

"On your left."

"What did it cost?" "Everything."

Black Widow and Hawkeye soul gem scene.

All of those are from Endgame alone.

There's plenty more from other MCU movies.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:53 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:40 pm I've had a lot of deep emotional experiences during Marvel movies.

-Tony's Death

And so on...

I will say that the flashbacks to Rocket's past in GotG3 might be the most emotional moments in the MCU and some of the most emotional I've seen in any movie. You could tell from the get go exactly what Gunn was doing and where things were going but it still hits you hard in the feels. Otherwise some other classics for me were,

"No. You're stronger."
"We are Groot."

The entire opening to Infinity War was also very emotional, and a masterclass in setting the mood, tone, stage etc. for a movie. Everything about it - Thanos' monologue, Loki/Heimdall deaths, Thor obliterated, "Thanos is coming," I wouldn't change a single beat.
Those scenes are so gay and lame compared to the writing in Oppenheimer.
Spoiler:
“I believe we did” >>>>>>>>
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Uncontroversial wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:35 am
kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:53 pm

-Tony's Death

And so on...

"No. You're stronger."
"We are Groot."

Those scenes are so gay and lame compared to the writing in Oppenheimer.
Spoiler:
“I believe we did” >>>>>>>>

Wrong in most cases. Some directors and writers Marvel has used are awful but Gunn, the Russo's, Waititi and Sam Raimi are all much more talented writers than Nolan especially on an emotional level.

And I'll explain further why you're wrong, MCU movies have the benefit of building stories and character arcs over the course of a lot of movies. There's a lot more than 3 hours of development time to work with, that's what made Thor's arc in Infinity War so powerful for example. He went from a brash, unworthy successor to the throne, to someone who no longer wanted the throne or its burden, to someone who finally accepted its responsibility, just before Thanos killed all of his people and his brother, BFF, etc. You can't accomplish something like that in just one movie, that's part of what makes the MCU so special.

Nolan is a fucking hack when it comes to writing. Everyone shits on how retarded his dialogue was in The Dark Knight movies. Just listen to how stupid this shit sounds:

Joss Whedon couldn't come up with worse schlock if he tried
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:02 pm Besides what you two mentioned...

"On your left."

"What did it cost?" "Everything."

Black Widow and Hawkeye soul gem scene.

All of those are from Endgame alone.

There's plenty more from other MCU movies.

The Hawkeye-Widow scene is a great call. The opening from Endgame with Renner and his family was perfect.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

And it still hasn’t been released in China.

:pjaxlol:
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

zombiesonics wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:28 pm

And it still hasn’t been released in China.

:pjaxlol:

It'll get 10 stars in Russia, China, and North Korea. 0 in Japan though.