Spider-Man just slipped past $1.5 billy

Talk about anything here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Spider-Man just slipped past $1.5 billy

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:40 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:32 pm
Bourbon since he recently went on a Kentuckybourbon tour...smoking meats...kids....colleges...old memories growing up, mutual friends....his search for a junior partner...my past present and upcoming projects....real estate....the van Gogh immersive experience we went to a week earlier and the shitty tourist cuban restaurant we walked out of and went to Hampton social for dinner instead...his wife's health...etc....
Over your head...do you really think we sat around talking about this board over 30 seconds?

Sad
The only thing that would be over my head in that list is the "Van Gogh immersive experience".

I'm glad you had a good time though.
No...everything else over your melon...you dont know anything about his office or my projects or our family or the tourist trap cuban restaurant that charges $30 for lesser versions of the same dish we can get for $10 at a real cuban restaurant etc..
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:44 pm No...everything else over your melon...you dont know anything about his office or my projects or our family or the tourist trap cuban restaurant that charges $30 for lesser versions of the same dish we can get for $10 at a real cuban restaurant etc..
I'm glad you had a good time big guy.

:)
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Spoiler:

This fight was just amazing, I keep coming back to it. Willem Dafoe is a gift to humanity, his laughter when Peter was wailing on him, it's a crime he never played the Joker but he does Gobby such justice. I liked Keaton and Gyllenhaal but Dafoe absolutely dabbed all over them in this movie.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I think after the Infinity Saga ended a lot of MCU fans assumed the product would fall a few notches, myself included. Not monetarily obviously, but in terms of quality.

I must admit that after seeing Loki and NWH I don't necessarily think that that's the case. The next phases probably won't have the nostalgia or roots that exist in the previous 3 but I think in terms of quality were not going to have as big a drop as I anticipated.

Spoiler:
I am also really excited to see Kang if you couldn't tell already by my avatar. It will get slightly more convoluted with the whole multiverse and time aspects but I trust Feige.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I just find it amusing how wound up Arty gets when Undies posts about his love of super-hero movies. Like so Fucking what. This is cheap entertainment. Compared to my gambling addiction. :suds:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:17 pm I think after the Infinity Saga ended a lot of MCU fans assumed the product would fall a few notches, myself included. Not monetarily obviously, but in terms of quality.

I must admit that after seeing Loki and NWH I don't necessarily think that that's the case. The next phases probably won't have the nostalgia or roots that exist in the previous 3 but I think in terms of quality were not going to have as big a drop as I anticipated.

Spoiler:
I am also really excited to see Kang if you couldn't tell already by my avatar. It will get slightly more convoluted with the whole multiverse and time aspects but I trust Feige.

Honestly I'm not big on Loki. I fell asleep in the second to last episode, I thought some stuff about the show worked but that overall it was mostly boring despite having a lot to play with in terms of the scope and imagination of it and the character of Loki obviously.

After a rough start Hawkeye definitely grew on me, it was a cute season and I just can't help but smile whenever
Spoiler:
Kingpin
is on the screen.

MCU is about to rev things up big time with Strange and Thor, the comeback should be about to kick into high gear after starting with NWH.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:25 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:17 pm I think after the Infinity Saga ended a lot of MCU fans assumed the product would fall a few notches, myself included. Not monetarily obviously, but in terms of quality.

Spoiler:

Honestly I'm not big on Loki. I fell asleep in the second to last episode, I thought some stuff about the show worked but that overall it was mostly boring despite having a lot to play with in terms of the scope and imagination of it and the character of Loki obviously.

After a rough start Hawkeye definitely grew on me, it was a cute season and I just can't help but smile whenever
Spoiler:
Kingpin
is on the screen.

MCU is about to rev things up big time with Strange and Thor, the comeback should be about to kick into high gear after starting with NWH.
I agree with the majority of Loki being average or decent but the implications set forth and that final episode are more so what I'm referencing when I mean quality going forward. Similar to what you said. Loki itself wasn't great, but what it showed us moving forward with
Spoiler:
Kang(s), multiversal stuff, and the possibilities/IP they have to work with.
is what makes me excited. I thought the acting in that last episode, particularly by the first name in the spoiler, was spectacular.

I still have to watch "What If?", Shang-Chi*, and The Eternals. I've watched everything else so far.

In terms of Hawkeye, I also agree.
Spoiler:
Kingpin is excellent.
Last edited by PhutureDynasty on Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:52 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Kingpin
is on the screen.

I agree with the majority of Loki being average or decent but the implications set forth and that final episode are more so what I'm referencing when I mean quality going forward. Similar to what you said. Loki itself wasn't great, but what it showed us moving forward with
Spoiler:
is what makes me excited. I thought the acting in that last episode, particularly by the first name in the spoiler, was spectacular.

I still have to watch "What If?", Shang-Chi*, and The Eternals. I've watched everything else so far.

Spoiler:
Kingpin is excellent. Seeing Daredevil in NWH made me hype as well.
Ok this post explains a lot.

Your comments about post Infinity Saga were confusing. Everything outside of this new Spider-Man has been mostly garbage.

Black Widow - Fun but meh. Could have been way better but they went the predictable route.
Falcon and Winter Soldier - Super forgettable.
Loki - I'm with KUB and found it boring as all hell. I thought maybe it was hard to follow but then realized I just didn't care.
Shang-Chi - Pretty bad in my opinion. Like Black Widow they could have made an awesome old school martial arts movie but when people are flying around on dragons in a mythical land I check out.
Eternals - Huge who cares. Did anyone even see this movie?
Hawkeye - Fun and mostly stand alone. This is what the Disney+ shows should be.
What If - Probably the best thing they've put out.

I'm so underwhelmed right now with Marvel projects. I haven't really gotten excited about anything. Hopefully No Way Home brings me back but right now it's a struggle.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:32 pm

Spoiler:
Kingpin
is on the screen.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Your comments about post Infinity Saga were confusing. Everything outside of this new Spider-Man has been mostly garbage.

Black Widow - Fun but meh. Could have been way better but they went the predictable route.
Loki - I'm with KUB and found it boring as all hell. I thought maybe it was hard to follow but then realized I just didn't care.
Shang-Chi - Pretty bad in my opinion. Like Black Widow they could have made an awesome old school martial arts movie but when people are flying around on dragons in a mythical land I check out.

I'm so underwhelmed right now with Marvel projects. I haven't really gotten excited about anything. Hopefully No Way Home brings me back but right now it's a struggle.

What is the worse Marvel movie you have ever seen?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Da Stars. wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:39 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What is the worse Marvel movie you have ever seen?
Of all the marvel movies? Elektra is pretty high up there.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Spoiler:
Kingpin
is on the screen.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In terms of the content I've seen in this phase...

Black Widow: C at best. Thought the villain(s) were generic forgettable MCU baddies.

Wandavision: B- probably. I enjoyed watching her morph into The Scarlet Witch and embrace her absolute power but I believe you pointed out before and I agree that both villains (the Witch and SWORD agent guy) were unnecessary and garbage. That shows villain was already there in Wanda who was grieving and psychologically manipulating everyone in her big bubble.

FATWS: D+. I don't understand Sharon Carter's reasons for seeming like a villain. The girl villain in it also seemed so misguided. She murders people and yet is seen as some martyr for a good cause by Falcon. Made no sense. Also, Falcon lecturing the politician for like a solid 5 minutes while it was broadcast on television was one of the worst scenes in MCU history. No way she sits there and listens to that without defending herself. The show also dragged pretty badly with the father's boat and Falcon's sister's scenes were dumb. I feel like any Avenger and his/her family would be set for life financially... I also hope the change Falc/New Cap's suit. That looks weird.

Loki: B+. I agree it was somewhat boring but the final episode's discussion at the top of that castle with the person I put in spoiler tags is up there for my favorite scenes in any MCU content. Just so well done IMO. Bumps it a full letter grade based on that + future implications.

Hawkeye: B+ as well for all the reasons you and KUB have noted.

No Way Home: Probably an A. Borderline A+. It's a top tier Marvel movie. You haven't seen it so I won't get into why but it's just so well done. I don't want to up your expectations though because I feel like that has ruined movies for me because I've set the bar so high in my own head for what it should be after hearing other's reactions.