Buster Posey: Not a hall of famer

Talk about anything here.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Re: Buster Posey: Not a hall of famer

Post by Y2K »

TheSaboteur wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:57 am Poor troll attempt.

Nobody cares about first basemen. I could have gone pro as a gold glove first baseman and hit .300 with 18 HRs for 15 years. Even 1B Artman would have hit .220 with 45+ HRs (without roids).

In addition to amazing accolades like a massive amount of playoff shutouts caught, Posey gets extra points for being seriously injured in a devastating and malicious play and being able to come back from it, despite it obviously shortening his career. Also, Posey's ngWAR+ (nice guy WAR+) is off the charts, the highest in the last 45 years, a true baseball ambassador. Taking a year off to be a father and husband in a family with two newly adopted premature twins during a deadly pandemic, then coming back for a final dominant season (and a second comeback player of the year award), it doesn't get any more American than that. Did Donnie Baseball or the other irrelevant guy you listed (never heard of him in my life) ever win comeback player of the year twice??? And he's also better than Yadi.
Keith Hernandez was solid my man. Played on the 82 Cardinals and 86 Mets championship teams. One of the best defensive 1B of all time.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Any explanation as to why Dave Parker still isn’t in?

MVP
7x all-star
2 batting titles
2 rings
3x golden glove and silver slugger
2,700 hits
339 HRs
.290 BA
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

TBH I didn't think zombie acknowledged baseball as an actual sport. Welcome to the dark side. :suds: