Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Gordon Hayward

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Robceltsfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Good for him. I harbor no ill will towards Gordon. He can enjoy his 23ppg while watching the playoffs from home.
It's very obvious there isn't the slightest bit of ill will from this post.
As has been mentioned by multiple people in this thread not named Rob, Gordon is a great contributor as a low-end 2nd or high-end 3rd option. If the Hornets are going to rely on his as their primary scorer, that'll both inflate his statistics and decrease their likelihood of team success.

I like Gordon. I think his comeback from that gruesome injury is admirable and impressive. But facts are facts.

I disagree with "decrease their likelihood of team success."

Hayward most definitely makes that team better. So unless you believe that the Hornets would have been able to land a top-notch FA or swindle somebody in a trade for a true #1... I don't see the problem here.

I might even disagree with "inflate his statistics." There's no inflation of statistics if the player is still an efficient scorer while adding to his volume stats. That would actually be more of a market correction, right?

It's pretty clear Hayward was underutilized as a 4th option in Boston. It was a luxury for Boston — and I wish he was still there — but he would be way overqualified for that role on any other team. AND... he gets paid a lot more money.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Hayward is a solid player that does make a team better but he's not a strong leader. He's not the type of player that when things get tough in a game, looks at his team and rallies them behind him. In Utah, we needed him to be the type that would say in a timeout, "Give me the damn ball and get out of the way." He's just not that guy.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Good for him. I harbor no ill will towards Gordon. He can enjoy his 23ppg while watching the playoffs from home.
It's very obvious there isn't the slightest bit of ill will from this post.
As has been mentioned by multiple people in this thread not named Rob, Gordon is a great contributor as a low-end 2nd or high-end 3rd option. If the Hornets are going to rely on his as their primary scorer, that'll both inflate his statistics and decrease their likelihood of team success.

I like Gordon. I think his comeback from that gruesome injury is admirable and impressive. But facts are facts.
Ok. ;-)