10% unemployment

Talk about anything here.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Re: 10% unemployment

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:This virus has infected people in over 180 countries across the globe, yet the Trump Haters actually believe America would have been spared "if only" Trump would have listened to the Democrats (the same Democrats who have literally spent every waking hour of their lives the last 4 years to try and bring him down)?????

...and they wonder why they lost in 2016.

:L
I don't think anyone with a functioning brain thinks the US could have been spared. I do think its fair to criticize his response and that the US did not take the virus seriously enough, at least initially. Kudos to the NBA in their response when Gobert got infected, because I think they were instrumental in changing the tone of the debate about COVID-19 and how society and government as a whole have responded since then. I think it's a little scary to think how much more rapidly and devastatingly the virus might have spread if professional sports had carried on uninterrupted for a few more weeks.

Granted, we could have prepared equipment and all the other stuff... but I think there was a different kind of danger in shutting down too soon.

Imagine we were three weeks into a shutdown in late Feb/early March... billions of dollars being lost... and no tangible, real-life evidence that Americans are in peril. How many people are saying "Fuck This!" ... this is a conspiracy... and then ignoring social distancing altogether. Then, when things did hit the proverbial fan, we'd have to put the genie back in the bottle.
I suspect we are talking at cross purposes. But I believe the response was definitely behind, although every single person on this board, myself included, is talking about shit that is WAY above our pay grade on this.

BUT, the growth curves on the virus around the world are interesting. I don't want to belabor the point but if you compare the growth curve between Canada and the US, Canada has been more successful in "flattening the curve". And within Canada, provinces that took it seriously right off the bat, including Alberta and BC, have been more successful in flattening the curve than Ontario and Quebec which were more lackadaisical in their initial responses.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I initially thought the government response from my province (including quarantining me when I got home) was an overreaction. I was wrong. It seems clamping down early and testing a ton early like Korea did allowed a true flattening of the curve. Italy, Spain, the US weren't as strict and in hindsight, are paying the price.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Madnessssss wrote:Our president was literally telling us we can go to work with Covid-19 in late February
Dude. Stop. This shit is embarrassing.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:Our president was literally telling us we can go to work with Covid-19 in late February
Dude. Stop. This shit is embarrassing.

You’re literally talking to the only guy here who can put his dick in a straw.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

There is no one to "blame" here. As difficult as it is for the Haters to admit, Trump is not out to kill Americans... and after going through what he's gone through the last 4 years (with the endless Democrat witch-hunts aiming at trying to destroy him), only a fool would suggest that Trump should have just "taken their word" for it without further research / investigation into the matter.

No one alive has ever experienced anything like this, at least not in America... so for the Trump Haters to make this "about" blaming Trump is asinine, especially since it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to satisfy their desire to be "right all along" about Trump.

:roll:

No one knows what the state of America would be today if Trump "acted" sooner... and even if he did act sooner, what precisely should he have done, and to what degree, and for how long, and how would that have impacted the spread / deaths in America?

Again, no one knows for certain and no one knew at the time either... and anyone who claims they did/do is full of shit.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:There is no one to "blame" here. As difficult as it is for the Haters to admit, Trump is not out to kill Americans... and after going through what he's gone through the last 4 years (with the endless Democrat witch-hunts aiming at trying to destroy him), only a fool would suggest that Trump should have just "taken their word" for it without further research / investigation into the matter.

No one alive has ever experienced anything like this, at least not in America... so for the Trump Haters to make this "about" blaming Trump is asinine, especially since it serves no purpose whatsoever other than to satisfy their desire to be "right all along" about Trump.

No one knows what the state of America would be today if Trump "acted" sooner... and even if he did act sooner, what precisely should he have done, and to what degree, and for how long, and how would that have impacted the spread / deaths in America?

Again, no one knows for certain and no one knew at the time either... and anyone who claims they did/do is full of shit.
Ya ok guy...like he didn't already offer up American lives in order to salvage the economy...Obama's economy by the way.
He's a con man and you keep falling for the con
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

TDK, Artism, Madnessss and Paz... talking politics.

Where's Griff? Get in here!

As for the rest of us...

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

What's funny is madness is essentially among the 10%

"Three week" "vacation" :pjaxlol:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:TDK, Artism, Madnessss and Paz... talking politics.

As for the rest of us...

Crisis often brings out the best in people and often brings out the worst in people. Here, it just seems that whatever your political view was coming in, it's reinforced, no matter what. That's definitely not the best in people.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:TDK, Artism, Madnessss and Paz... talking politics.

As for the rest of us...

Crisis often brings out the best in people and often brings out the worst in people. Here, it just seems that whatever your political view was coming in, it's reinforced, no matter what. That's definitely not the best in people.

I don't believe too many people here are as into their political views nearly as much they pretend to be.

Often, it's just edgelords trolling edgelords.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Madnessssss wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:There is no one to "blame" here. As difficult as it is for the Haters to admit, Trump is not out to kill Americans... and after going through what he's gone through the last 4 years (with the endless Democrat witch-hunts aiming at trying to destroy him), only a fool would suggest that Trump should have just "taken their word" for it without further research / investigation into the matter.

We do know what would have happened if he acted sooner
No, you don't... you can guess, but you don't know.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bartman wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:Chicken Little, Chicken Little the sky is falling. Run and hide.

ROFL...Look at you sticking your head in the sand.
If this is long term like you are all saying. I will lose 30-40% of my portfolio. Short term 8 percent at best.

I hardly have my head in the sand.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Da Stars. wrote:
Bartman wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:Chicken Little, Chicken Little the sky is falling. Run and hide.

If this is long term like you are all saying. I will lose 30-40% of my portfolio. Short term 8 percent at best.

What do you consider "long term"?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Sorry to hear of your unemployment maddy.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Madnessssss wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
Bartman wrote:

Democrats will save the economy and stock market again, like they did in 2009

At some point y'all gotta learn your lesson and stop voting for low IQ people just because you relate to them
what are you talking about? you've lost your touch, maddy.