Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Talk about anything here.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by Bartman »

Madnessssss wrote:Curry is the new Kobe. Best player on the planet.

lol @ how mad you will be when he eclipses lebrons ring count.

I like Curry but none of us should get ahead of ourselves. It's one thing to get a ring but it's another to get one when everyone is gunning for you.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Bulls fans saying LeBron isn't a great player is like General Tojo saying General MacArthur wasn't a great general.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

riley: "LeBron is better than Curry offensively"

rtiff: "But Curry is better in every offensive statistical category."

riley: "Yeah but LeBron is still better."

This is a really bad look for you riley. Just back off and live to fight another day. This is 11 pages of getting slapped around.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

gaskill15 wrote:riley: "LeBron is better than Curry offensively"

This is a really bad look for you riley. Just back off and live to fight another day. This is 11 pages of getting slapped around.
At least you get it.

Rtiff agrees 100% with that sentiment, yet he argued with for 11 pages.

Curry had a little better year than LeBron statistically, but that still doesn't make him the better offensive player. He still has alot to prove before we move him ahead of LeBron. I understand the pain, anguish, and torture LeBron has caused you personally, so I get why it is difficult for you to give the man some credit. Shit still stings.
Honestly, only a dope would put Curry ahead of LeBron.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

gaskill15 wrote:riley: "LeBron is better than Curry offensively"

Since you are so quick to white knight because of the destruction that Bron has caused you, when Rtiff wakes up from his hangover, ask him if he agrees with what you just wrote lol. He didn't at first, but he does now. You know you are good when you can change a person's mind on a message board lol.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

The whole LeBron vs Curry argument is kind of up there. Curry is a better shooter but LeBron is better at getting to the hoop and in the post. LeBron will never be the shooter that Curry is but Curry will never be as good at getting to the basket as LeBron is.
Last edited by elmouse03 on Sun May 17, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

elmouse03 wrote:The whole LeBron vs Curry argument is kind of up there. Curry is a better shooter but LeBron is better at getting to the hoop and in the post. LeBron will never be the shooter than Curry is but Curry will never be as good at getting to the basket as LeBron is.
What LeBron has done offensively over the past 10 years, Curry will never match. He simply doesn't have that prowess, and he never will.

As I have said from the very beginning, while Curry probably had the better season offensively, He has still not surpassed LeBron.
Pretty simply and basic...

A. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, and he has surpassed him.

Or

B. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, but it is way to soon to put Curry ahead of LeBron.

Anyone who chooses anything other than B needs to have their heads examined.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Here's a question.

What if Curry and LeBron meet in the finals and Curry beats him as well as out performs him? Would people then put Curry ahead of LeBron?

It's kind of like the 91 finals for when Magic met MJ and MJ beat him and people instantly put MJ ahead of Magic despite Magic having 5 rings to Jordan's 1 after that finals was over.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

elmouse03 wrote:Here's a question.

What if Curry and LeBron meet in the finals and Curry beats him as well as out performs him? Would people then put Curry ahead of LeBron?

It's kind of like the 91 finals for when Magic met MJ and MJ beat him and people instantly put MJ ahead of Magic despite Magic having 5 rings to Jordan's 1 after that finals was over.
Hmmm, another person unable to answer a simple, basic question.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

rileymartin wrote:

hmmmmmmmmmm I choose A just to piss you off even more.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

elmouse03 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Except that I am not pissed.

By the way, Rtiff chose B as well. It is funny because most people here think that the argument this entire time has been LeBron vs. Curry.

the argument is that Rtiff originally intimated that Curry surpassed LeBron, and then changed direction when he realized how absurd that was, most likely due to inhebriation.
Then he pretended like all he meant was that Curry had better stats this season, but LeBron is still better. Go back and read the 10th post I made on page 2. My stance has been consistent throughout this thread. I made rtiff change his mind and concede. However, he was smart enough to use the fact that I am disliked here to get some favorable white knighting.
But, clearly, anyone with basic reading comprehension can see the fabulous work I have done in this thread.
Despite all of his clamoring, if you asked Rtiff right now, he will tells you completely agrees with everything I have said starting from page 2 lol.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

By the way, Rtiff chose B as well. It is funny because most people here think that the argument this entire time has been LeBron vs. Curry.

the argument is that Rtiff originally intimated that Curry surpassed LeBron, and then changed direction when he realized how absurd that was, most likely due to inhebriation.
Then he pretended like all he meant was that Curry had better stats this season, but LeBron is still better. Go back and read the 10th post I made on page 2. My stance has been consistent throughout this thread. I made rtiff change his mind and concede. However, he was smart enough to use the fact that I am disliked here to get some favorable white knighting.
But, clearly, anyone with basic reading comprehension can see the fabulous work I have done in this thread.
Despite all of his clamoring, if you asked Rtiff right now, he will tells you completely agrees with everything I have said starting from page 2 lol.
I never changed direction a single time, riley.

I repeated the same thing from Page 1, and you continuously created straw man arguments that I shot down one by one. Once you realized what was going on, you agreed with me and started with a slew of "rewriting history" posts like the one above.

I started with "one could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron," and never once deviated from that. You, on the other hand, have been all over the place in this thread.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:

I repeated the same thing from Page 1, and you continuously created straw man arguments that I shot down one by one. Once you realized what was going on, you agreed with me and started with a slew of "rewriting history" posts like the one above.

I started with "one could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron," and never once deviated from that. You, on the other hand, have been all over the place in this thread.
Ha @ riley
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

It's so cute how Riley is still delusional when it comes to LeBron. Well, that, and it's clear he can't read well/comprehend. Nor can he write summaries.

When backed into a corner about who was better offensively this year, he busts out the "yeah but LeBrons PAST seasons were better than THIS year for Curry. Like that bull shit even makes sense.

That's a hard core Mancrush on a man who has already forgotten about Miami.

Enjoy your day, kiddo. Get some air, walk this one off. Come back and try not to be so retarded when you do. Or you could just have another meltdown, whatever suits you.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:

So what you are saying is, That it isn't a fact that Curry had a better season, only that an arguement could be made.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

AlaskaHawks wrote:It's so cute how Riley is still delusional when it comes to LeBron. Well, that, and it's clear he can't read well/comprehend. Nor can he write summaries.

When backed into a corner about who was better offensively this year, he busts out the "yeah but LeBrons PAST seasons were better than THIS year for Curry. Like that bull shit even makes sense.

Enjoy your day, kiddo. Get some air, walk this one off. Come back and try not to be so retarded when you do. Or you could just have another meltdown, whatever suits you.
Your schtick is boring kiddo. Get some new material.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

AlaskaHawks wrote:It's so cute how Riley is still delusional when it comes to LeBron. Well, that, and it's clear he can't read well/comprehend. Nor can he write summaries.

Curry >>>>>>> Prime Kobe
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
LeBron is a better offensive player. Not only do the stats bear that out, but watch a game.

If you want to tell me that Curry might beat LeBron in the Skills challenge at the all-star break, I won't argue. But, LeBron has a scoring title, and, other than his rookie season right out of high school has never averaged less than 25 points a game, and Curry hasn't even done that once...even with all of the 3's he shoots at a very high percentage.
Curry is a good passer, but he simply doesn't have the vision and the court awareness LeBron has. And, for as good as Curry is, he simply doesn't get the attention from opposing defenses like LeBron does.
Curry has a LONG way to go before his fans can start ranking him ahead of LeBron lol.
First and foremost, I didn't definitively state that Curry was a better offensive player than LeBron; rather, I said a reasonable argument could be made. There's a difference. After that...

1) "Not only do the stats bear that out, but watch a game."

LeBron: 25.2ppg / 7.4apg; .488 / .354 / .710 / .577 TS%; ORating: 112; Offensive Win Shares: 7.4

Curry: 23.8ppg / 7.7apg; .487 / .443 / .914 / ..638 TS%; ORating: 122; Offensive Win Shares: 11.5

The statement above is factually untrue, and there really isn't any room for debate. Curry bested LeBron by a significant margin from a statistical standpoint this past season.

2) "Curry doesn't get the attention LeBron gets from opposing defenses."

To use your own line against you, "watch a game." Right now, Stephen Curry gets as much or more attention from opposing defenses than any single player in the NBA. LeBron is an incredible offensive force, but teams always have the same strategy when defending him: pack the paint, and dare him to make jumpers. LeBron is so good that he almost always finds a way to get his, but there is a "book" on how to defend him.

Teams are still trying to figure out what to do with Curry. If you run two guys at him once he crosses half court, he beats you with his handle or he gets the ball to a teammate leaving the offense with a 4 on 3 advantage; if you pack it in, he will murder you with jump shots. Every team that plays GS has "stopping/slowing Curry" as their #1 and #2 priorities. Give me a break, riley.

3) "Curry is a good passer, but he doesn't have the vision/court awareness LeBron does."

Well, we can't objectively "prove" who has better court vision, and assist totals certainly don't tell the whole story, but Curry averaged more assists than LeBron this season despite playing almost 4 fewer minutes per game. He averaged more assists than LeBron last year, as well.

Like I said, the discrepancy between the two defensively gives LeBron the clear edge overall, but offensively it's debatable.
All of this is irrelevant. If you said an arguement could be made that Curry might have had a little better stats offensively then LeBron this season, go for it.
But, again, in LeBron's "down" year (HMMMM...new team, shitty coach, injuries, boredom, major roster shakeups in season), he is still neck and neck with Curry's greatest season ever.
However, if we look at what LeBron has done over his career offensively vs. what Curry has done offensively, LOL, please.
Page 2
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
You have proven nothing other than you are a huge Curry homer.

Get back to me when Curry can put up THESE types of numbers consistently...
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/i ... bron-james" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Curry and LeBron had very similar stats this season, yet you somehow think that Curry was better by a "substantial margin" lol. Like I said, LeBron had a down year and he was still just as good as Curry's CAREER year.
Curry will NEVER achieve what LeBron has offensively. He just simply doesn't bring to the table what LeBron brings. There is a reason everyone always says that LeBron is a hybrid of Magic, Bird, and Jordan.
I get it, I am a huge homer for my team's too, but, you are getting a little (actually a lot) ahead of yourself here. Curry had a hell of a year.
They weren't that similar, riley. That's not being a homer, that's looking at the numbers and understanding what I'm looking at. Look at the basic numbers, the mpg, the advanced statistics...Curry was the better offensive player statistically by a fairly wide margin. Call LeBron the better offensive player all you want, call this past year a down year that he'll bounce back from; hell, call it whatever you like...

...but when you stare at numbers and claim they're "close" when they're not, I'm not sure how we can have anything close to an intelligent dialogue about this.

Again, nobody is talking about career achievements, we're talking about who the better offensive player is right now.
We can't have an intelligent discussion because you are not being realistic. Curry had a PER of 28, LeBron's was 26. I got no problem with you saying that THIS YEAR you could argue Curry was better offensively, but to simply proclaim that as a given going foward is just ridiculous.

One thing I know for sure, Curry will NEVER touch LeBron's offensive prowess that he had over the last 10 years before this season.
Page 2
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
We can't have an intelligent discussion because you are not being realistic. Curry had a PER of 28, LeBron's was 26. I got no problem with you saying that THIS YEAR you could argue Curry was better offensively, but to simply proclaim that as a given going foward is just ridiculous.

One thing I know for sure, Curry will NEVER touch LeBron's offensive prowess that he had over the last 10 years before this season.
When did I proclaim it as a "given going forward?"

This has nothing to do with me being unrealistic and everything to do with you stating and reaffirming falsehoods ("LeBron's stats are better" followed by "the stats are close") while also creating straw men left and right ("LeBron has achieved way more offensively over his career than Curry," "it's a given going forward that Curry will always be offensively better than LeBron," etc.).

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron." That was the statement.
That last statement is actually misleading. The only thing one could "reasonably" say is that Curry may have had a better offensive season THIS YEAR.

The reality is, LeBron's had had 10 seasons in which he BLOWS away Curry's best season, and, he had had 10 seasons in which Curry will NEVER match.
You can write off LeBron if you want to. He is still the best player in the NBA, he is still better than Curry, and one season doesn't change that.
Page 3