Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: 2015 Anger General Greatest post-merger Players of All Time #3

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Do you any idea how stupid that argument is? Seriously?
Are you REALLY arguing that:

.667 = 1.000
Do you really want to be that stupid?

Are you arguing that 2 is better than 2?

Often, I think yktors is simply a knowledgeable basketball troll. How he doesn't get called on it more is beyond me.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

.667 = 1.000

Are you arguing that back-to-back titles = 3 titles?
are you arguing that 2 of 3 = 3 titles?

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

.667 = 1.000
Do you really want to be that stupid?

Are you arguing that 2 is better than 2?
Cop out. I'll let you off the hook.

Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Macrotus wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I'll take that as surrender. Nice chatting with you.
honestly...I am speechless that you & abe actually believe that. I know you guys a big Duncan fans...but come on. :L
If you can come up with an argument why two in a row over a three year stretch is better than 2 out of 3 years "just because", then make it. You can't so you should probably just stfu.

It really would come down to the circumstances of who you beat and who you had to contend with in each of the two titles, whether they were in consecutive years or in three years. The rest is just trumpeting nonsense.
1. Everyone want to dethrone the champ to be the champ
2. hunger and thrive...sustainability

I still can't believe you think 3peat is not impressive...that just blown my mind.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
y2ktors wrote: Are you REALLY arguing that:

.667 = 1.000

Are you arguing that back-to-back titles = 3 titles?
are you arguing that 2 of 3 = 3 titles?
Come back if you ever have an intelligent argument instead of just nonsense like this ok senor?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Macrotus wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Macrotus wrote: honestly...I am speechless that you & abe actually believe that. I know you guys a big Duncan fans...but come on. :L
If you can come up with an argument why two in a row over a three year stretch is better than 2 out of 3 years "just because", then make it. You can't so you should probably just stfu.

It really would come down to the circumstances of who you beat and who you had to contend with in each of the two titles, whether they were in consecutive years or in three years. The rest is just trumpeting nonsense.

I still can't believe you think 3peat is not impressive...that just blown my mind.

Wow. This thread devolved quickly. It's borderline thread-killing silliness being bandied about at this point.

And that's fine. I can play the silliness game. Sometimes, it's fun. But it's tough to have it both ways...
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

Robceltsfan wrote:By the way, Magic is getting the nod this round.........and he defended his crown once.

Shaq, who is arguably more dominant on both sides of the ball, had more longevity, and defended his crown twice....isn't even in the conversation.

#logic
you have to take everything into context...Magic has more championships than Shaq.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Macrotus wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Macrotus wrote: honestly...I am speechless that you & abe actually believe that. I know you guys a big Duncan fans...but come on. :L

I still can't believe you like to make shit up. Where did I say a 3 peat is not impressive? But a 3 peat wouldn't necessarily be more impressive than 3 out of 4 or even 3 out of 5. It really would depend on the individual circumstances in which each team won it's 3 titles, who they beat to get there etc... One isn't inherently better than the other, 'just because'.

Robceltsfan kind of pointed out the hypocrisy of that argument already. Bill Russell was the lead dog on an 8 peat. Shouldn't that then trump everything?? I mean, if a repeat is all that and a bag of chips compared to two out of three, then 8 in a row has to trump everything for all eternity then.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Macrotus wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:By the way, Magic is getting the nod this round.........and he defended his crown once.

Shaq, who is arguably more dominant on both sides of the ball, had more longevity, and defended his crown twice....isn't even in the conversation.

#logic
you have to take everything into context...Magic has more championships than Shaq.
That's nice....5 to 4....in a conference comparable to today's East...with Kareem there for all 5 titles.

You're right...I like context.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

So according to grizz, accomplishing an achievement 100 out of 100 times isn't accomplishing a feat that is greater than 100 out of 125 due to both of them accomplished the achievement 100 times.

I should try convincing my professors that logic and see how far it gets me.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

y2ktors wrote:So according to grizz, accomplishing an achievement 100 out of 100 times isn't accomplishing a feat that is greater than 100 out of 125 due to both of them accomplished the achievement 100 times.

That's an asinine stance to take bro. This isn't that large of a statistical set of data.

Which of these is better?

win-win-loss-win

win-win-win-loss

???
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Either people are trolling... or this is a great thought experiment-in-process.

Our minds all work differently. We experience context in different ways. Where's Professor Bush when we need him?

[Note: We aren't comparing the players only over those 100 seasons. We're comparing them over the entire 125 seasons...]
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:So according to grizz, accomplishing an achievement 100 out of 100 times isn't accomplishing a feat that is greater than 100 out of 125 due to both of them accomplished the achievement 100 times.

Try to think a little. Let's take a 4 year stretch just for the sake of argument. Team A wins the title in years 1 and 4. Team B wins the title in years 2 and 3. They are in different conference and met in the finals 4 straight years. A obviously beat team B in years 1 and 4 and vice versa. They both won 2 out of 4 years. The two out of two is completely contrived.

Neither is inherently better than the other. You could make the case that A is actually far more impressive if B had an easy conference while A had a very difficult conference, and of course vice versa.

You are pretending the denominator has to be different for both teams. That's dumb.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Macrotus wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I still can't believe you like to make shit up. Where did I say a 3 peat is not impressive? But a 3 peat wouldn't necessarily be more impressive than 3 out of 4 or even 3 out of 5. It really would depend on the individual circumstances in which each team won it's 3 titles, who they beat to get there etc... One isn't inherently better than the other, 'just because'.

Robceltsfan kind of pointed out the hypocrisy of that argument already. Bill Russell was the lead dog on an 8 peat. Shouldn't that then trump everything?? I mean, if a repeat is all that and a bag of chips compared to two out of three, then 8 in a row has to trump everything for all eternity then.
consecutive wins is more impressive then scattered wins...period. How many time in sports have you heard this X team is on a roll...with 10 consecutive wins? Remember when the Lakers and Heats went on that long winning streaks?...you telling me you aren't impress..then some scattered wins?

Russell is in different era...otherwise 8 trumped 6 even if it's not consecutive.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Macrotus wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Macrotus wrote:

consecutive wins is more impressive then scattered wins...period. How many time in sports have you heard this X team is on a roll...with 10 consecutive wins? Remember when the Lakers and Heats went on that long winning streaks?...you telling me you aren't impress..then some scattered wins?

Russell is in different era...otherwise 8 trumped 6 even if it's not consecutive.
Don't be intellectually lazy. Make an argument and not an assertion. I know you aren't all that bright, but at least try.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Macrotus wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Macrotus wrote:

In the Bulls 72 win season they didn't have a win streak longer than 18 games. They "scattered" their 72 wins.

I'm unimpressed by that.

~George Carlin~
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Robceltsfan wrote:

That's an asinine stance to take bro. This isn't that large of a statistical set of data.

win-win-loss-win

win-win-win-loss

???
That's the wrong example, Robceltsfan. You're using 3 of 4 vs 3 of 4. Obviously that's equal.

Winning back to back is W-W, which is greater than W-L-W.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

y2ktors wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

win-win-loss-win

win-win-win-loss

???
That's the wrong example, Robceltsfan. You're using 3 of 4 vs 3 of 4. Obviously that's equal.

Why are you comparing 2 against 3? You're trolling at this point. No other explanation.

~George Carlin~
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Macrotus wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Don't be intellectually lazy. Make an argument and not an assertion. I know you aren't all that bright, but at least try.
you lack logic...seriously. able to sustain a winning pace is not an easy feast.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

y2ktors wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

win-win-loss-win

win-win-win-loss

???

By definition, the first team either went L-W-W or W-W-L. What the fuck is so hard to understand?