How Many Pts Would Jordan Average In Today's Eastern Conf?

Talk about anything here.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Re: How Many Pts Would Jordan Average In Today's Eastern Con

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:
And when the players went to class in college, they had to walk uphill both ways, right?
You wanna argue that the 80's aren't more physical? You wanna argue that the wing players have it harder now days or what? lol if you believe it's tougher today
lol, made up numbers aside.. outside of a few notable hard fouls, no the 80s were not THAT much more physical. hyperboles getrs you nowhere. was more contact allowed in general? yup but so the fuck what? defenses were much worse during that period. there was only one rick mahorn, the rambis clothesline only happened once and the bad boy piston were the exception at the end of the decade, not the standard.
Yeah i don't care what the fuck you think either. You are a fucking moron if you think this era is even on the same page when it comes to physical play. It's so fucking weak now days in all sports and that's not debatable. Hell you breathe on players, whistle blown. You breathe on QB's it's a personal foul. Sorry but it wasn't close to that soft before and you know that clown.
stop romanticizing the past.. you look like a dunce. the 80s were great enough to watch without making shit up.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote: You wanna argue that the 80's aren't more physical? You wanna argue that the wing players have it harder now days or what? lol if you believe it's tougher today
lol, made up numbers aside.. outside of a few notable hard fouls, no the 80s were not THAT much more physical. hyperboles getrs you nowhere. was more contact allowed in general? yup but so the fuck what? defenses were much worse during that period. there was only one rick mahorn, the rambis clothesline only happened once and the bad boy piston were the exception at the end of the decade, not the standard.
Yeah i don't care what the fuck you think either. You are a fucking moron if you think this era is even on the same page when it comes to physical play. It's so fucking weak now days in all sports and that's not debatable. Hell you breathe on players, whistle blown. You breathe on QB's it's a personal foul. Sorry but it wasn't close to that soft before and you know that clown.
stop romanticizing the past.. you look like a dunce. the 80s were great enough to watch without making shit up.
i still hope for you to one day.. actually make a point actually backed up by anything besides you desires for a past that never existed.

read my last post again and this time pay attention and try to digest it. yes players were allowed to be more physical but it's not to the bullshit degree you are feebly trying to make it out to be. number one, that slightly more physical play did not make for good defense since even terrible teams were scoring at high rates compared to now.

then on to number two, now pay attention. the everything prior to the 80s and on to the eaerly 90s more fouls were called on average than now. which directly contradicts your idiotic ramblings just to start. even though personal fouls were called MORE in the 80s on through the early 90s the difference is minutia. in fact, you're such an idiot the lowest personal fouls being called for a season EVER were in the '12 and '13 seasons at under 20 per game for the first time in nba history.

the league you "remember" never existed but dont take my word for it... look it up genius.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
i still hope for you to one day.. actually make a point actually backed up by anything besides you desires for a past that never existed.

read my last post again and this time pay attention and try to digest it. yes players were allowed to be more physical but it's not to the bullshit degree you are feebly trying to make it out to be. number one that slightly more physical play did not make for good defense since even terrible teams were scoring at high rates compared to now.

then on to number two, now pay attention. the everything prior to the 80s and on to the eaerly 90s more fouls were called on average than now. which directly contradicts your idiotic ramblings just to start. even though personal fouls were called MORE in the 80s on through the early 90s the difference is minutia. in fact, you're such an idiot the lowest personal fouls being called for a season EVER were in the '12 and '13 seasons at under 20 per game for the first time in nba history.

the league you "remember" never existed.
What is the foul difference between then and now on wing players? I'll bet you will find that now days they get foul treatment a lot more than the wing players did in the 80's.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:

read my last post again and this time pay attention and try to digest it. yes players were allowed to be more physical but it's not to the bullshit degree you are feebly trying to make it out to be. number one that slightly more physical play did not make for good defense since even terrible teams were scoring at high rates compared to now.

What is the foul difference between then and now on wing players? I'll bet you will find that now days they get foul treatment a lot more than the wing players did in the 80's.
what difference does it make? your point has been rendered null and void.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:

What difference? A big difference. A big point of why MJ would average more points today is because of the treatment wing players get now days compared to the past. Players today sit and whine and cry for a foul everytime down the court. They are weak. Players played through this weak crap back in the day and went hard til they heard a whistle rather than let up when they dont get a call. Whine and whine some more about being breathed on too heavy. Man up and play the fucking game. Weakest era i've seen.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote: What is the foul difference between then and now on wing players? I'll bet you will find that now days they get foul treatment a lot more than the wing players did in the 80's.
What difference? A big difference. A big point of why MJ would average more points today is because of the treatment wing players get now days compared to the past. Players today sit and whine and cry for a foul everytime down the court. They are weak. Players played through this weak crap back in the day and went hard til they heard a whistle rather than let up when they dont get a call. Whine and whine some more about being breathed on too heavy. Man up and play the fucking game. Weakest era i've seen.
The "weak era" drama you keep trying to emphasize is getting a little old, but you do have a point buried in there.

The fact is that since the 1980s, there has definitely been a change in how games are called. This was particularly true starting in 2006 and is no longer quite as pronounced, but there nonetheless. There used to be far less difference in what constitutes a foul on the perimeter and what constitutes a foul in the post. It takes far less contact now (overall) to get a foul called on the perimeter than in the 1980s. Conversely, there are muggings that go on in the block now that go uncalled which clearly would have been called back then. This change benefited wings, particularly quick wings with the ability to get into the paint.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
The "weak era" drama you keep trying to emphasize is getting a little old, but you do have a point buried in there.

The fact is that since the 1980s, there has definitely been a change in how games are called. This was particularly true starting in 2006 and is no longer quite as pronounced, but there nonetheless. There used to be far less difference in what constitutes a foul on the perimeter and what constitutes a foul in the post. It takes far less contact now (overall) to get a foul called on the perimeter than in the 1980s. Conversely, there are muggings that go on in the block now that go uncalled which clearly would have been called back then. This change benefited wings, particularly quick wings with the ability to get into the paint.
Which....for this topic....is ALL that is relevant.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote: What is the foul difference between then and now on wing players? I'll bet you will find that now days they get foul treatment a lot more than the wing players did in the 80's.
" A big point of why MJ would average more points today is because... "

is solely based on the fact you wish it to be so. fortunately for me, empirical evidence and common sense points to the opposite being true.

everything you tried to use as a foundation for your argument was destroyed. give it up.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:

is solely based on the fact you wish it to be so. fortunately for me, empirical evidence and common sense points to the opposite being true.

everything you tried to use as a foundation for your argument was destroyed. give it up.
Good lord you are delusional. You have nothing. Quit with your bs excuses and move along.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

l3bron wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
l3bron wrote: The talent pool from swingmen/wings in the 00's/now was/is deeper/greater than any other era in basketball. What exactly would that prove?

Listen, I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't be a force in today's league. It's just ridiculous how his fanbase has to romanticize everything that man came in contact in.

I'm surprised Bull fans don't hold Space Jam as the greatest film of all time.
What fan base doesn't have its biases? I know a bunch of Duncan homers/fans who believe that he's as great as kareem was...aka top 5 GOAT.
Duncan certainly can make a case after Jordan and Kareem.

Still, they don't go the extent that Bulls fans do.
And after Magic, Russell, Wilt and Bird.....hence #7 at the highest is when he can make any kind of case.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:

The 90s were the weakest era of the NBA, deezna - everybody who has a brain knows that.
As a matter of fact, Steve Gorman was talking about it today - How the first expansion was immediately noticeable in the quality of play, and even more noticeable after the second round.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
deezna10 wrote: What difference? A big difference. A big point of why MJ would average more points today is because of the treatment wing players get now days compared to the past. Players today sit and whine and cry for a foul everytime down the court. They are weak. Players played through this weak crap back in the day and went hard til they heard a whistle rather than let up when they dont get a call. Whine and whine some more about being breathed on too heavy. Man up and play the fucking game. Weakest era i've seen.

The 90s were the weakest era of the NBA, deezna - everybody who has a brain knows that.
As a matter of fact, Steve Gorman was talking about it today - How the first expansion was immediately noticeable in the quality of play, and even more noticeable after the second round.
I think that is freaking nonsense. The whole notion of "weak era" is pushed by agendas, and depending on the agenda being pushed, the "weak" era changes. It's all bullshit.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

deezna10 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
deezna10 wrote: What difference? A big difference. A big point of why MJ would average more points today is because of the treatment wing players get now days compared to the past. Players today sit and whine and cry for a foul everytime down the court. They are weak. Players played through this weak crap back in the day and went hard til they heard a whistle rather than let up when they dont get a call. Whine and whine some more about being breathed on too heavy. Man up and play the fucking game. Weakest era i've seen.

Good lord you are delusional. You have nothing. Quit with your bs excuses and move along.
reread the thread and learn something.

you've been effectively picked apart. i'm sorry.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I think that is freaking nonsense. The whole notion of "weak era" is pushed by agendas, and depending on the agenda being pushed, the "weak" era changes. It's all bullshit.
Laker fans, not all, say that the 00s were better than the 90s because their team won championships in the 00s and stunk in the latter for several years.

Bulls fans say that the 90s were better than the 00s because they were the team of the 90s.

Everyone should agree that the 80s were the best in terms of depth in the talent pool, which correlated in seeing great, competitive b-ball.

It's the same argument back and forth...

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Weakest era since I've been alive is the current one. 2 teams worth a shit in an entire conference? That's pathetic.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:Weakest era since I've been alive is the current one. 2 teams worth a shit in an entire conference? That's pathetic.
Your own Lakers in the 80s were winning western conferences that were truly pathetic. In fact, if a guy wanted to play Devil's Advocate, he could say that there are six or seven teams with a legitimate chance to win a title this season, while for most of the 80s, there were only perhaps 3 a season. At the end of the day, like I said earlier, it's all bullshit to try to promote an agenda or point of view. Expansion this... well, does adding a few shitty teams make it easier for the true legitimate contenders? No. Again, it's all about the agenda someone wants to promote at the time.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:Weakest era since I've been alive is the current one. 2 teams worth a shit in an entire conference? That's pathetic.
Your own Lakers in the 80s were winning western conferences that were truly pathetic. In fact, if a guy wanted to play Devil's Advocate, he could say that there are six or seven teams with a legitimate chance to win a title this season, while for most of the 80s, there were only perhaps 3 a season. At the end of the day, like I said earlier, it's all bullshit to try to promote an agenda or point of view. Expansion this... well, does adding a few shitty teams make it easier for the true legitimate contenders? No. Again, it's all about the agenda someone wants to promote at the time.
Well stated. Some act like expansion meant that the existing teams had some kind of actual/noticeable talent poached from them. Not the case, the only players that were "exposed" were exposed for a reason...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Perhaps you don't know quite when I was born :)
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

l3bron wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
l3bron wrote: The talent pool from swingmen/wings in the 00's/now was/is deeper/greater than any other era in basketball. What exactly would that prove?

Listen, I'm not saying Jordan wouldn't be a force in today's league. It's just ridiculous how his fanbase has to romanticize everything that man came in contact in.

I'm surprised Bull fans don't hold Space Jam as the greatest film of all time.

It would prove that it's MUCH easier to get to the FTA if you're a perimeter / wing "today" than it was in the 80's and 90's.

Or it just means that there's MUCH more talented wing players today than there were in the 80's and 90's.

So according to your logic Paul Pierce (7.1 FTA on 15.8 FGA) is more talented than was Jordan (8.2 FTA on 22.9 FGA).

:lol:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Shill Jackson wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Yet there are more teams in the league today AND the roster has been expanded... not to mention the fact that the EC is withOut question OR debate the weakest it's ever been.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."