Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Post by lettherebehouse »

Grizz gettin bodied ITT

Mynigga up in here writing the iliad in his triggered state

:booker:
ElJorge
Role Player

Post by ElJorge »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:38 am Grizz gettin bodied ITT

Maybe it’s years of internet abuse, video games, drugs, etc., but my attention span just can’t handle long posts anymore. I’ll usually read the first paragraph and if I see there’s another 3-5 I just move along :lol:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

What took you so long? You usually try to provide emotional support to the board retards much sooner.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

ElJorge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:48 am

Maybe it’s years of internet abuse, video games, drugs, etc., but my attention span just can’t handle long posts anymore. I’ll usually read the first paragraph and if I see there’s another 3-5 I just move along :lol:
The way the board is now, with maybe 50 posts a day total, it is a minute 'investment'. It's not exactly a big attention span requirement.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Yeah. Especially when it comes to TDK v Grizz… it’s sad to watch TDK set the bait every time, knowing it’ll trigger Grizz into a biblical chapter. I don’t even read the 1st sentence, I just smh seeing the same ppl fall over themselves over it lol.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:03 pm

Yeah. Especially when it comes to TDK v Grizz… it’s sad to watch TDK set the bait every time, knowing it’ll trigger Grizz into a biblical chapter. I don’t even read the 1st sentence, I just smh seeing the same ppl fall over themselves over it lol.
It's not even me vs. TDK. It's more Bush who brutalizes him. And it's TDK who can't help himself. This thread was a classic example. I just jump in now and again for shits and giggles and because the topics usually actually interest me. You know all this already though.

It's a shame you just troll, because you're a pretty smart guy who could have interesting opinions on some of these topics. Obviously, you just don't care about the topics. I actually think you don't even give two shits about hoops anymore.

There's probably less than 10 of us who are still pretty avid hoops fans on the entire board. Hell, maybe only about 5. It's too bad.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Don't want to disrupt the fun, but the Celtics are one more terrible Finals loss away from simply matching what the 96 Bulls did in an objectively worse era.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:12 pm
lettherebehouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:03 pm

It's not even me vs. TDK. It's more Bush who brutalizes him. And it's TDK who can't help himself. This thread was a classic example. I just jump in now and again for shits and giggles and because the topics usually actually interest me. You know all this already though.

It's a shame you just troll, because you're a pretty smart guy who could have interesting opinions on some of these topics. Obviously, you just don't care about the topics. I actually think you don't even give two shits about hoops anymore.

There's probably less than 10 of us who are still pretty avid hoops fans on the entire board. Hell, maybe only about 5. It's too bad.

I’m taking my talents to the WNBA real spit
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

These celtics are nor anywhere near a historic team. Who the fuck is pushing this stupidity? Bush?

Jfc
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

elartman1973 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:07 pm These celtics are nor anywhere near a historic team. Who the fuck is pushing this stupidity? Bush?

Jfc
How does the humble pie taste, you fat fuck?

You should be right more often, because you can't eat any more pies, humble or otherwise.
Spoiler:
obesity
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:32 pm Don't want to disrupt the fun, but the Celtics are one more terrible Finals loss away from simply matching what the 96 Bulls did in an objectively worse era.
Celtics had a weaker path to the finals than the bulls did and that’s not even debatable. I know you like to jerk your meat like a fucking idiot daily and troll tdk or whomever but why not trying being serious for a change?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:30 pm Celtics had a weaker path to the finals than the bulls did and that’s not even debatable. I know you like to jerk your meat like a fucking idiot daily and troll tdk or whomever but why not trying being serious for a change?
I am serious.

I already explained the problem with that thought process 100x over.

Get this...sometimes *great* teams can ALSO catch a little bit of luck, based on conference imbalance and playoff injuries, etc...

FFS, that was basically Magic Johnson's entire career in the 80s except at the tail end. The 1986 Celtics got to avoid a team that generally matched up very well with them (Lakers) and play a team that was still young and inexperienced (Houston).

Literally *everything* that actually happened on the court points to this being a historic team. They thumped everyone, all year, almost all the time, to extreme degrees.

64 Wins
4th best net rating in history, compiled in the BEST era of basketball ever
Equal record with MORE +/- differential against the so-called "superior" West

16-3 playoff record, with the Finals loss being INTENTIONAL to help the NBA with ratings
(so the real record is 16-2, actually)

Best starter +/- in league
Best bench +/- in league (at the same time, lol)
Best offense in league
3rd best defense in league

WTF more to you actually want? Look at the scoreboard, brotherman!
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Relating to those Bulls specifically, we saw the Celtics lose their third best player and basically not skip a beat in terms of total domination.

When that happened to the Bulls in 1995....they flat out lost, period. Didn't even make the Finals under the exact same circumstance (no more third star/borderline AS big) the Celtics *thrived* in and barely noticed.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:47 pm Relating to those Bulls specifically, we saw the Celtics lose their third best player and basically not skip a beat in terms of total domination.

When that happened to the Bulls in 1995....they flat out lost, period. Didn't even make the Finals under the exact same circumstance (no more third star/borderline AS big) the Celtics *thrived* in and barely noticed.
Lol, Minnesota people really are dumb. Did you really bring up the bulls with a rusty Jordan? Come on, Moron, lol. This isn’t the best era. This era has more sloppy ass steps and traveling allowed and tacky fouls than any era in the history of the game. Your analytics aren’t counted for that garbage. You can walk 3 steps before taking your first dribble in today’s game. It’s like watching WWE.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Deez wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:05 pm Lol, Minnesota people really are dumb. Did you really bring up the bulls with a rusty Jordan? Come on, Moron, lol. This isn’t the best era. This era has more sloppy ass steps and traveling allowed and tacky fouls than any era in the history of the game. Your analytics aren’t counted for that garbage. You can walk 3 steps before taking your first dribble in today’s game. It’s like watching WWE.
Literally nothing I posted in that other post relates to analytics, and literally all of them relate to competition within-era (that would also have these magical "advantages" you claim).

64 Wins

16-3 playoff record, with the Finals loss being INTENTIONAL to help the NBA with ratings

Best offense in league

None of that is ooky-spooky analytics. It's all perfectly measurable, within-year, within-era accomplishment relative to peers.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:20 pm
Deez wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:05 pm Lol, Minnesota people really are dumb. Did you really bring up the bulls with a rusty Jordan? Come on, Moron, lol. This isn’t the best era. This era has more sloppy ass steps and traveling allowed and tacky fouls than any era in the history of the game. Your analytics aren’t counted for that garbage. You can walk 3 steps before taking your first dribble in today’s game. It’s like watching WWE.
Literally nothing I posted in that other post relates to analytics, and literally all of them relate to competition within-era (that would also have these magical "advantages" you claim).

64 Wins

Best offense in league

None of that is ooky-spooky analytics. It's all perfectly measurable, within-year, within-era accomplishment relative to peers.
72 wins and a title in the BEST era actually trumps this years Celtics. Thanks anyway.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Celtics beat a 46, 47, 48 and a 50 win teams in its run
Bulls beat a 42, 47, 60, and 64 win team in its finals run. Yup, bulls was unanimously more Impressive. Give it up already Bushy Pooh
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Deez wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:01 am
Bush4Ever. wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:20 pm

64 Wins

Best offense in league

72 wins and a title in the BEST era actually trumps this years Celtics. Thanks anyway.
BEST era? You seriously need a reality check Deez. It was a notoriously weak era.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush-league and meatball grizz "pretend" like they're trolling; however the truth is they REALLY believe the nonsense they spew even after today's NBA Commissioner, today's VP of Ops, and many of today's NBA players and coaches all confirmed (a couple months back) that the Defense today is soft and weak RELATIVE TO the 90's, and that the rules in place today heavily favor the Offense.

These two knuckleheads (and a few others on this board) want us to believe they're trolling Jordan fans; however everyone knows they're just clueless... bush-league because he was still digging up worms in his backyard during the 90's, while meatball was up in Canada ice fishing and hunting moose during the decade.

:lol:

But alas, they make for great entertainment so keep it coming boys.

:pop2:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I only counter-troll when the other person is trolling, to bring balance to the AG universe.

Saying the 1996 Bulls would be competitive with modern teams, let alone top-tier modern teams, is vanilla-flavored trolling, so it gets at least quasi-trolling responses back.

If Bulls fans were smart and had a triple digit IQ, they would emphasize the "against peers" standard, where the Bulls actually would be a very strong contender (top 10 team all-time for sure). The against-peers standard is actually how it should be done, and gives respect to the old school while not dipping into absurdities.

The 2024 Celtics are a historic, all-time great team. It's done. Finished. Locked into the history books. It's no longer a open topic or discussion-worthy by rational fans that aren't being trolls.

I understand the shame some people would feel over being disproved by the Celtics, and I can at least intellectually understand why some White fans would feel threatened that a hip, Black, modern, leftist/BLM-supporting team would dance all over the old White/non-political Black teams, but the facts are what they are.