Wimbledon Thread

Talk about anything here.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Re: Wimbledon Thread

Post by somberbostonian »

FPL wrote:After the semis, the finals were a bit anticlimactic.

Question - How many Grand Slams do you guys think the Big 3 will finish their careers with?
Given the sudden fall and rise that all three of them experienced in recent years, it's haphazard trying to predict the future with certainty. Rafa is the Golden State Warriors of Roland Garros unless Thiem can finally break through. Zverev isn't ready for primetime yet, so that should leave the door open for Djokovic and even Fed for at least another couple of years. The younger generation has been underwhelming. For all we know, men's tennis could be destined to re-enter those post-Sampras/pre-Fed years of random slam winners the moment all three of them hang up the racket.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

So tough to predict as these last few years have proven. I think Federer is done in terms of winning slams. It may be foolish to write off an all-time great, but with Novak back in full force his chances of winning another slam in the next year have significantly decreased and fast-forwarding a year, Roger will be 38 and has looked his age this year already.

I think Rafa wins 3 more for 20 and Novak maybe closes on that number as well, somewhere in the high teens. Then again the next gen may show up at some point, but until they show genuine signs of that they are tough to figure in.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

I would go with

Fed 20
Rafa 19 a couple more FOs
Djoker 18 looks like he is set to run some off now

The GOAT Big 3