If we're being honest there's no way the Cubs should need more than 5 games to beat Cleveland

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

If we're being honest there's no way the Cubs should need more than 5 games to beat Cleveland

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

On paper this could be a sweep for the Cubbies, but we all know they don't play the games 'on paper'... so I'll give the Indians the benefit of one -1- game/win.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: If we're being honest there's no way the Cubs should need more than 5 games to beat Clevela

Post by elmouse03 »

94-67 vs 103-58. 2 teams who had a rain delay in the season meet up in the world series? That has to be a first.

Anyway. Anything can happen in the MLB playoffs. MLB, NHL, and NFL have the most exciting playoffs.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: If we're being honest there's no way the Cubs should need more than 5 games to beat Clevela

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I mean the Bleu Cheese Jays probably thought the same thing. I can see it going 7.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

You're a moron if you think it's going to be that easy. You better believe the Indians are going to expose Lester's fielding deficiencies unlike the Dodgers and Giants. They might be the best baserunning team in the league.

Not to mention they shorten the game to 5-6 innings considering Andrew Miller is pitching god-like right meow.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

World Series are impossible to predict, well baseball playoffs in general.

The Indians hitters have not faced a starting pitcher as good as Lester or Hendricks and have still struggled offensively. That's in the Cubs favor.

At the same time, the Indians have faced 1, possible 2 more offenses more potent than the Cubs and have shut them down. That's in the Indians favor.

Smart pick would to say this goes 7. But at the same time, Either team could also win in 4 or 5 if they got the right mojo going.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

gaskill15 wrote:You're a moron if you think it's going to be that easy. You better believe the Indians are going to expose Lester's fielding deficiencies unlike the Dodgers and Giants. They might be the best baserunning team in the league.

Not to mention they shorten the game to 5-6 innings considering Andrew Miller is pitching god-like right meow.
:L

Take your gloom-and-doom attitude to the back of the bus, fool.

Cleveland has one -1- starting pitcher... so unless Kluber and Miller are prepared to pitch 9 innings of every game the Indians might as well not even show up.

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

The key to the series for the Cubs is really to not be down by the time Miller comes in. Easier said than done
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

IMO Rajai Davis will be a major factor.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Good news for the Cubs.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Titan18 wrote:World Series are impossible to predict, well baseball playoffs in general.

The Indians hitters have not faced a starting pitcher as good as Lester or Hendricks and have still struggled offensively. That's in the Cubs favor.

At the same time, the Indians have faced 1, possible 2 more offenses more potent than the Cubs and have shut them down. That's in the Indians favor.

Smart pick would to say this goes 7. But at the same time, Either team could also win in 4 or 5 if they got the right mojo going.
The tribe faced and beat 22 game winner Rick Porcello and 20 game winner J.A Happ so far this postseason. I'm not implying they're better than Lester and/or Hendricks, but they're certainly in the discussion as among the best SP in the league.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Kobeunderbite wrote: Good news for the Cubs.
So Rose is doing the same thing the OP is doing, jumping on the bandwagon.
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

On "paper", your White Sox looked like a playoff team this year, hell you even thought during the season they could make a run deep into the playoffs.

That turned out well. :lol:
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

xer0 wrote:On "paper", your White Sox looked like a playoff team this year, hell you even thought during the season they could make a run deep into the playoffs.

That turned out well. :lol:
Lol @ the White Sux. :lol:
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

lol at fellow Chicago fans not agreeing with the drunk. no support.

The Indians have that destiny feeling going on. Cavs/Indians...same year...yes please. Cubs have that same destiny feeling and it most likely goes 6-7 games. Anyway, bookmarked to lol at the drunk later.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

CleveTown™ wrote:lol at fellow Chicago fans not agreeing with the drunk. no support.

The Indians have that destiny feeling going on. Cavs/Indians...same year...yes please. Cubs have that same destiny feeling and it most likely goes 6-7 games. Anyway, bookmarked to lol at the drunk later.

This Communist is shook up... ^^^^

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Looks like Schwarber will be DHing tomorrow or Wednesday. I might shed a tear during his first at bat.

6 months to return from a torn ACL and LCL.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Titan18 wrote:Looks like Schwarber will be DHing tomorrow or Wednesday. I might shed a tear during his first at bat.

just in time for Klubes to make him swing and miss and pulled a rib cage muscle on a vicious change up
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Bluejays said the same thing
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

White Sox fan on the Cubs nuts ROFL
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Titan18 wrote:Looks like Schwarber will be DHing tomorrow or Wednesday. I might shed a tear during his first at bat.

It's amazing... and what an ending this could turn out to be. I can see the headlines now:

"Schwarber's pinch-hit HR gives Cubbies their first World Series Championship in 108 years!!!"

:clap: :hail:

That right there would go down as THE greatest story in the history of American sports...!!

:pimp: