Interesting Top 10 list from the NBA subreddit

Talk about anything here.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Interesting Top 10 list from the NBA subreddit

Post by americaninfidel »

Guy uses a point system to rank them, which is at the bottom of the pic:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like that Timmy is at #4, and the fact that he and Kobe are so close (just a point separates them.)
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Re: Interesting Top 10 list from the NBA subreddit

Post by elmerjfudd »

The idea is great but to give credit to someone for excellence in one stat, while not giving credit to others for their excellence in other fields hurts the list. Plus counting FMVP's when it wasn't available to everyone else.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Works better as a top-10 career/resume list as opposed to top-10 players.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Russell would be # 1 on that list if they'd had Finals MVPs and All-Defensive teams in his day. At least 72 more points for a minimum of 6 Finals MVPs....and you can add on another 88 points for 11 seasons of 1st team All-Defense. That's 160 added to his 441 for a total of 601.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Could've sworn there was a guy named Bird who used to play.

Legacy > Longevity
Last edited by zombiesonics on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Robceltsfan wrote:Russell would be # 1 on that list if they'd had Finals MVPs and All-Defensive teams in his day. At least 72 more points for a minimum of 6 Finals MVPs....and you can add on another 88 points for 11 seasons of 1st team All-Defense. That's 160 added to his 441 for a total of 601.
Plus if you can make a point system for scoring title its only fair you make a point system for Rebounding and Blocks (although not recorded), which would make him easily number 1.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Looks like a system Griff would use.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Looks airtight to me
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

By the way....Cousy would be around 10th based on this.

Havlicek would be 9th ahead of Shaq.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Counting 2nd option, non- team captain rings shouldn't be an option.

That hurts Kobe the most, then Shaq and then Magic. That's what keeps Kobe out of the top 10 all-time.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Robceltsfan wrote:By the way....Cousy would be around 10th based on this.

Havlicek would be 9th ahead of Shaq.
:trump:
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

RIP Larry
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

The one thing that remains constant in every all-time ranking / analysis we've seen... Michael Jordan ALWAYS come out on top.

Discuss why that fact upsets certain posters.

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Rob needs to control his homerism in this thread.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

elmouse03 wrote:Rob needs to control his homerism in this thread.
Just stating mathematical facts, brother! I did it for many other players too....none made it past Dream (unless you include Dr. J's ABA years).

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:Russell would be # 1 on that list if they'd had Finals MVPs and All-Defensive teams in his day. At least 72 more points for a minimum of 6 Finals MVPs....and you can add on another 88 points for 11 seasons of 1st team All-Defense. That's 160 added to his 441 for a total of 601.
11 seasons of all defensive teams? Just a little nitpicking. I'm really, really curious which seasons he wouldn't have made it. The award started in his final season and he was first team. I can't imagine Russell not making every single all defensive team, so add another year to that because he would have been 13 for 13...
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
11 seasons of all defensive teams? Just a little nitpicking. I'm really, really curious which seasons he wouldn't have made it. The award started in his final season and he was first team. I can't imagine Russell not making every single all defensive team, so add another year to that because he would have been 13 for 13...

I was leaving one season off just for posterity purposes. He still made it to #1 even though he may have had more than 6 FMVPs and more than 12 1st team All-defenses.

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Robceltsfan wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I was leaving one season off just for posterity purposes. He still made it to #1 even though he may have had more than 6 FMVPs and more than 12 1st team All-defenses.

Okay. Finals MVPs are tougher to judge although if he led the team in MVP votes EVERY single full season, you'd think he'd get more than his share. The all defensive team just struck me as a complete no brainer that he would make all of those.. fair enough..
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Grizz, you getting off with all this Russell talk?