No bias involved...is this a good trade?

Talk about anything here.

Fair Trade?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 8

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: No bias involved...is this a good trade?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:Lol at the stupidity in this thread and the complete ignorance of cap space aquired and internal moves allowed as a result of the trades and the sudden vast overrating of players the majority of the board has called scrubs for the past two years...until they got traded and all of a sudden they are all future all stars.
Do your research..get your story right and dont make dumb uneducated threads like this one that are in complete obsession of me.

You have autism.
Or you're really fucking dumb.
Or an obvious troll.

I'm pretty sure it's #3... but 10+ years of this gimmick is scary and sad and points to some kind of mental illness whether you're trolling or not.
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

elartman1973 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:Lol at the stupidity in this thread and the complete ignorance of cap space aquired and internal moves allowed as a result of the trades and the sudden vast overrating of players the majority of the board has called scrubs for the past two years...until they got traded and all of a sudden they are all future all stars.
Do your research..get your story right and dont make dumb uneducated threads like this one that are in complete obsession of me.

Explain the cap space situation in detail, please.
We made trades that gave us a lot more of it than we had...pretty simple
And then you spent that cap space on Ibaka and Jodie Meeks
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Scout wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:

Explain the cap space situation in detail, please.
We made trades that gave us a lot more of it than we had...pretty simple
No...not at all actually...we havent spent it yet...duh
Thats the damn point.
Niether were free agents
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

elartman1973 wrote:
Scout wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: We made trades that gave us a lot more of it than we had...pretty simple
Thats the damn point.
Niether were free agents
...Tobias was about 17 mil in cap that you cleared. And then you traded for it back by getting Ibaka and Jodie take about 18-19 mil.

You just have some cap room left over that you were gonna have irrespective of the trades.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Scout wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Scout wrote: And then you spent that cap space on Ibaka and Jodie Meeks
Thats the damn point.
Niether were free agents
...Tobias was about 17 mil in cap that you cleared. And then you traded for it back by getting Ibaka and Jodie take about 18-19 mil.

You just have some cap room left over that you were gonna have irrespective of the trades.
Magic have $36 million in cap space, not sure what you are trying to claim but none of the cap was spent aquiring either of those guys

Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

elartman1973 wrote:
Scout wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: No...not at all actually...we havent spent it yet...duh
Thats the damn point.
Niether were free agents

Magic have $36 million in cap space, not sure what you are trying to claim but none of the cap was spent aquiring either of those guys
You traded a guy with a waivable contract (Ersan) for Ibaka which is about 8 mil in space and then you just absorbed Jodie Meeks' salary...
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Scout wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Scout wrote: ...Tobias was about 17 mil in cap that you cleared. And then you traded for it back by getting Ibaka and Jodie take about 18-19 mil.

You traded a guy with a waivable contract (Ersan) for Ibaka which is about 8 mil in space and then you just absorbed Jodie Meeks' salary...
Ibaka is a no risk, we own his bird rights, if he doesn't live up to expectations we can drop him, if he does, we can pay him more than anyone next year...oladipo was gonna want more than the magic were willing to pay him next year anyhow so he would have been gone anyways...
op is a dipshit and doesn't peel away any layers at all and comes off as a moron as a result

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
Scout wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Magic have $36 million in cap space, not sure what you are trying to claim but none of the cap was spent aquiring either of those guys
Ibaka is a no risk, we own his bird rights, if he doesn't live up to expectations we can drop him, if he does, we can pay him more than anyone next year...oladipo was gonna want more than the magic were willing to pay him next year anyhow so he would have been gone anyways...
op is a dipshit and doesn't peel away any layers at all and comes off as a moron as a result

Remember, the Magic didn't lose only Oladipo. If so... the trade was tolerable. Instead, they threw in the #11 pick in the draft. That is a risk if Ibaka doesn't pan out.

Best case scenario: Orlando pays Serge Ibaka $32.5M per year for 5 seasons.
Worst case scenario: Orlando gave up on much of the young core it worked years to cultivate... for 1/2 season of tanking and 1 year of Serge Ibaka.

Good luck.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Scout wrote: You traded a guy with a waivable contract (Ersan) for Ibaka which is about 8 mil in space and then you just absorbed Jodie Meeks' salary...

Remember, the Magic didn't lose only Oladipo. If so... the trade was tolerable. Instead, they threw in the #11 pick in the draft. That is a risk if Ibaka doesn't pan out.

Worst case scenario: Orlando gave up on much of the young core it worked years to cultivate... for 1/2 season of tanking and 1 year of Serge Ibaka.

Good luck.
Didn't have any interest in any more young projects, Ibaka doesn't work we have Dedman who is already further ahead than sabonis....we also got zimmerman in the draft.....do your research man, seriously, you're making dumb post after dumb post because you have no idea what you are talking about or the magics roster...oladipo wasn't gonna be here past this coming season anyhow....we lost nothing

I have a feeling oladipo doesn't end up playing one game for the thunder, and ends up being part of a trade for the thunder

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

That's a fantastic trade.

For OKC.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Ibaka is a no risk, we own his bird rights, if he doesn't live up to expectations we can drop him, if he does, we can pay him more than anyone next year...oladipo was gonna want more than the magic were willing to pay him next year anyhow so he would have been gone anyways...

Good luck.
Didn't have any interest in any more young projects, Ibaka doesn't work we have Dedman who is already further ahead than sabonis....we also got zimmerman in the draft.....do your research man, seriously, you're making dumb post after dumb post because you have no idea what you are talking about or the magics roster...oladipo wasn't gonna be here past this coming season anyhow....we lost nothing

I have a feeling oladipo doesn't end up playing one game for the thunder, and ends up being part of a trade for the thunder

1. Draft picks are irrelevant. It's better to give them away than use them to improve a team that lost 47 games. :stephena:
2. The Magic weren't obligated to draft Sabonis at #11. :sadbron:
3. Are you claiming Zimmerman (#43) is better than the (#11) pick? :skip:
4. You're fat. And on the autism spectrum. And lonely. :lol:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Good luck.

1. Draft picks are irrelevant. It's better to give them away than use them to improve a team that lost 47 games. :stephena:
2. The Magic weren't obligated to draft Sabonis at #11. :sadbron:
3. Are you claiming Zimmerman (#43) is better than the (#11) pick? :skip:
4. You're fat. And on the autism spectrum. And lonely. :lol:
Again, since you were incapable of comprehending the first few times....Magic had no interest in new young players they have to develop...they've had enough of those, didn't matter who they drafted and likely drafted sabonis because that's who the thunder wanted in order to get the trade done...yes zimmerman but you conveniently forgot dedman...
not fat, autistic or lonely...
abe demolished

Worry about your own damn team

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I'm torn. Do I keep making fun of a guy with autism? I was thinking about stopping.

But then I realized... I know people who have autism and others who have Down Syndrome. They're GOOD people. Arty... you're just an asshole. And because you have autism, it's already more difficult for you to have meaningful or real relationships with actual people.

Add on the asshole part. And now I know why you're so lonely and beg for our attention here. In your warped mind, we're the only "friends" you have. We're the only ones who acknowledge you're even alive.

Carry on. We're here. We'll play your reindeer games because we understand it's a cry for help. We're heroes in a way.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I'm torn. Do I keep making fun of a guy with autism? I was thinking about stopping.

But then I realized... I know people who have autism and others who have Down Syndrome. They're GOOD people. Arty... you're just an asshole. And because you have autism, it's already more difficult for you to have meaningful or real relationships with actual people.

Add on the asshole part. And now I know why you're so lonely and beg for our attention here. In your warped mind, we're the only "friends" you have. We're the only ones who acknowledge you're even alive.

Carry on. We're here. We'll play your reindeer games because we understand it's a cry for help. We're heroes in a way.
More jibberish

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I'm torn. Do I keep making fun of a guy with autism? I was thinking about stopping.

More jibberish
Interestingly enough:

"People with autism often are self-absorbed and seem to exist in a private world where they are unable to successfully communicate and interact with others. They may have difficulty developing language skills and understanding what others say to them."
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:

More jibberish
Interestingly enough:

"People with autism often are self-absorbed and seem to exist in a private world where they are unable to successfully communicate and interact with others. They may have difficulty developing language skills and understanding what others say to them."
Dude, give the autism crap a rest...it doesn't apply to me whatsoever...and isn't even funny and it's severely played out already