"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: WOW JODIE MEEKS TO ORLANDO

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Just hang on a couple of minutes and Artie will explain it to you and it will all make sense.
I'm sure he sees it from a brighter viewpoint than I but I just don't understand the move they made at the draft.

Oladipo for Ibaka straight would have been reasonable but not when Ibaka is on an expiring contract in a league where everyone can probably afford him with the cap blowing up. On top of all that they also gave them Sabonis, who has the legit chance to be a serviceable player in this league, maybe better.
Didnt want any more young players a d had no need for sabonis...magic not willing tk wait for ayers to develop over several years anymore..they are ready to win now...and oladipo would be wanting a huge layday next season that the mahic werent willing to lay so he was gone anyhow...its a win win ...several good articles break it down and give great explanations..all you have to do is read them rather than claim they dont know what they are doing and that it confuses you...not every move is an isolated move..they are all connected and they arent done so juding lrematurely is unwise

Very true.

For example, when the Magic eschewed a #1 draft pick for Tobias Harris and took Ersan Ilyasova instead... it was so he could be traded 5 months later with an Orlando #1 pick AND Oladipo for 1 year of Serge Ibaka.

Oladipo + Tobias Harris + #11 pick + Ersan Ilyasova = 1 year of Serge Ibaka.

Everybody = FUCKING OWNED!
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: I'm sure he sees it from a brighter viewpoint than I but I just don't understand the move they made at the draft.

Oladipo for Ibaka straight would have been reasonable but not when Ibaka is on an expiring contract in a league where everyone can probably afford him with the cap blowing up. On top of all that they also gave them Sabonis, who has the legit chance to be a serviceable player in this league, maybe better.
Didnt want any more young players a d had no need for sabonis...magic not willing tk wait for ayers to develop over several years anymore..they are ready to win now...and oladipo would be wanting a huge layday next season that the mahic werent willing to lay so he was gone anyhow...its a win win ...several good articles break it down and give great explanations..all you have to do is read them rather than claim they dont know what they are doing and that it confuses you...not every move is an isolated move..they are all connected and they arent done so juding lrematurely is unwise

Very true.

For example, when the Magic eschewed a #1 draft pick for Tobias Harris and took Ersan Ilyasova instead... it was so he could be traded 5 months later with an Orlando #1 pick AND Oladipo for 1 year of Serge Ibaka.

Thats what an idiot would see. Its not at all what those trades were about...think cap space you idiot..and development of gordon and oladipo wanted a max next year we werent going to lay.etc....but of course yo know more than any gm and trades are ONLY based on the players moved and never anything else

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Didnt want any more young players a d had no need for sabonis...magic not willing tk wait for ayers to develop over several years anymore..they are ready to win now...and oladipo would be wanting a huge layday next season that the mahic werent willing to lay so he was gone anyhow...its a win win ...several good articles break it down and give great explanations..all you have to do is read them rather than claim they dont know what they are doing and that it confuses you...not every move is an isolated move..they are all connected and they arent done so juding lrematurely is unwise

Very true.

Thats what an idiot would see. Its not at all what those trades were about...think cap space you idiot..and development of gordon and oladipo wanted a max next year we werent going to lay.etc....but of course yo know more than any gm and trades are ONLY based on the players moved and never anything else

You make perfect sense. It's almost like Orlando didn't trade for a guy who'll be an unrestricted free agent after this season.

In fact, when Ibaka's contract is up after 82 games... I'm almost positive he'll want to resign for less than what Oladipo would have been offered or what other teams will offer. Plus, it's always better to deal with an unrestricted free agent than a restricted free agent... obviously.

How silly of us.
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

Pistons now basically have max cap space. Horford here we come.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Scout wrote:Pistons now basically have max cap space. Horford here we come.
Who you?
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Scout wrote:Pistons now basically have max cap space. Horford here we come.
Who you?
I'm Scout
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Very true.

You make perfect sense. It's almost like Orlando didn't trade for a guy who'll be an unrestricted free agent after this season.

In fact, when Ibaka's contract is up after 82 games... I'm almost positive he'll want to resign for less than what Oladipo would have been offered or what other teams will offer. Plus, it's always better to deal with an unrestricted free agent than a restricted free agent... obviously.

How silly of us.
We need ibaka more than oladipo....bottom line.
Lets talk about the great history the wolves have thats not even a fraction as successful as the magic..

Stick to what you know...which isnt the magic or theirnmoves that are clearly over your head...theres plenty of articles outlining the magics recent trades...maybe if you took the time to read some of them you would be making dumb statements off the top of your head like you have been.
All moves were well thoughtnout and broken down and explained and maee a lot of sense and imlrove the team.now or very soon...but no...lets just make the assumption that you know every angle and are smarter than the gm and front office instead

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Thats what an idiot would see. Its not at all what those trades were about...think cap space you idiot..and development of gordon and oladipo wanted a max next year we werent going to lay.etc....but of course yo know more than any gm and trades are ONLY based on the players moved and never anything else

How silly of us.
Lets talk about the great history the wolves have thats not even a fraction as successful as the magic..

Stick to what you know...which isnt the magic or theirnmoves that are clearly over your head...theres plenty of articles outlining the magics recent trades...maybe if you took the time to read some of them you would be making dumb statements off the top of your head like you have been.
All moves were well thoughtnout and broken down and explained and maee a lot of sense and imlrove the team.now or very soon...but no...lets just make the assumption that you know every angle and are smarter than the gm and front office instead
:banderas:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

How silly of us.

:banderas:
And thats how I know youre an idiot who has no clue what is going on at all...lol at the hornets

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Thats what an idiot would see. Its not at all what those trades were about...think cap space you idiot..and development of gordon and oladipo wanted a max next year we werent going to lay.etc....but of course yo know more than any gm and trades are ONLY based on the players moved and never anything else

How silly of us.

U mad bro.

The Wolves have nothing to do with this. But I can rip their dumb moves if you want me to. I'm smart like that. I'm not a rube who believes what the marketing staff of the local team tells me in a press release. Sucker.

Oladiop + Tobias Harris + #11 pick + Ersan Ilyasova = 1 year from Serge Ibaka...

NICE!
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

How silly of us.

U mad bro.

The Wolves have nothing to do with this. But I can rip their dumb moves if you want me to. I'm smart like that. I'm not a rube who believes what the marketing staff of the local team tells me in a press release. Sucker.

Oladiop + Tobias Harris + #11 pick + Ersan Ilyasova = 1 year from Serge Ibaka...

NICE!
Damn..you are so clueless...only idiots judge trades on face value
Smh

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: We need ibaka more than oladipo....bottom line.

U mad bro.

NICE!
Damn..you are so clueless...only idiots judge trades on face value
Smh

And... we're done.

Woe.

[Note: This is where Arty makes one more extra incendiary swipe to keep me engaged]
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elartman1973 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Just hang on a couple of minutes and Artie will explain it to you and it will all make sense.
I'm sure he sees it from a brighter viewpoint than I but I just don't understand the move they made at the draft.

I simply disagree. You traded away one of your best young guards and a prospect who could pan out for a potential year of service from Ibaka.

Oladipo and Ibaka both have one year left. The same payday that Victor wants Serge probably wants too. Even if Ibaka leaves Orlando after a year and Oladipo leaves OKC the same year you still traded away Sabonis for nothing.

I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't see any explanation that justifies that.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Fatman's spin on this is too delish
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I'm willing to wait and see how this pans out for the Magic. If they don't land a major free agent this summer than my mind is blown. I won't understand the trade at all.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I'm willing to wait and see how this pans out for the Magic. If they don't land a major free agent this summer than my mind is blown. I won't understand the trade at all.
How is the trade and them landing a free agent connected though?

Couldn't they have kept Oladipo and Sabonis, found a trading partner for Ilyasova and still had enough cap to lure a big free agent?
Last edited by PhutureDynasty on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Scout, good thinking on deleting your cap space post. lol
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:I'm willing to wait and see how this pans out for the Magic. If they don't land a major free agent this summer than my mind is blown. I won't understand the trade at all.

Couldn't they have kept Oladipo and Sabonis, found a trading partner for Ilyasova and still had enough cap to lure a big free agent?
Like if bringing in Ibaka was a way to lure Durant over or something like that. I don't know. I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about the trade. They said they could see it a win for OKC, a win for Orlando, or a loss for both. I honestly can't, at this point, see how it's a win for Orlando. Ibaka is not a player you build a team around and playing him and Vucevic together just seems interesting. They do think that Ibaka will improve a lot of players around them but I don't see it. Are the Magic going to start Gordon, Ibaka, and Vucevic. That's a huge front line that aren't great shooters.

Do they go..

Elfrid
Henzonja (Who I really like and would love to see play more)
Gordon
Ibaka
Vucevic

???

That's a big team but they're shooting would be crap. I'm interested in what happens.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:

Like if bringing in Ibaka was a way to lure Durant over or something like that. I don't know. I was listening to a podcast the other day and they were talking about the trade. They said they could see it a win for OKC, a win for Orlando, or a loss for both. I honestly can't, at this point, see how it's a win for Orlando. Ibaka is not a player you build a team around and playing him and Vucevic together just seems interesting. They do think that Ibaka will improve a lot of players around them but I don't see it. Are the Magic going to start Gordon, Ibaka, and Vucevic. That's a huge front line that aren't great shooters.

Do they go..

Elfrid
Henzonja (Who I really like and would love to see play more)
Gordon
Ibaka
Vucevic

???

That's a big team but they're shooting would be crap. I'm interested in what happens.
All very fair points and I honestly don't know either.

To say it's a bad trade is potentially premature but I don't see the silver lining yet.