76ers gonna give Barnes 95 mil for 4 years

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: 76ers gonna give Barnes 95 mil for 4 years

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:remember...

1. Philly has to spend about $40M to reach the cap FLOOR.
2. The cap goes up another $13 - $18M next season.
If $94 million is the projected cap, what is the floor? Just curious

Looks like 90% of that.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

Harrison Barnes is probably not even an average starter. I feel bad for the poor team that pays him max money for 4 years. He would be useless on the 6ers.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Scout wrote:Harrison Barnes is probably not even an average starter. I feel bad for the poor team that pays him max money for 4 years. He would be useless on the 6ers.

He's probably not even an average starter?

:scratch:
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Scout wrote:Harrison Barnes is probably not even an average starter. I feel bad for the poor team that pays him max money for 4 years. He would be useless on the 6ers.
Fresh blood or alt? If you're new then welcome!
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

Kobeunderbite wrote:

He's not a plus rebounder or passer. Can't create shots. Doesn't block shots or get steals. He's not a noteworthy defender. Even his 3 point shooting is misleading. He exclusively takes spot up threes, 66% of which are wide open (open by 6+ feet) which he shoots at a 42.6% clip. If he is just "open" (open by 4-6 feet), he shoots 33.8% which accounts for nearly 33% of his threes. He just doesn't shoot any threes that are even slightly guarded and when he does, he shoots abysmally (20% or lower).

Literally all he can do is make threes when no one is even in the same stratosphere as him.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Scout wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

He's not a plus rebounder or passer. Can't create shots. Doesn't block shots or get steals. He's not a noteworthy defender. Even his 3 point shooting is misleading. He exclusively takes spot up threes, 66% of which are wide open (open by 6+ feet) which he shoots at a 42.6% clip. If he is just "open" (open by 4-6 feet), he shoots 33.8% which accounts for nearly 33% of his threes. He just doesn't shoot any threes that are even slightly guarded and when he does, he shoots abysmally (20% or lower).

Literally all he can do is make threes when no one is even in the same stratosphere as him.
Friend of your Bush?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Scout wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

Appreciate the added color.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Scout wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

I don't disagree with any of what you said, and he's still better than 50% of NBA starters.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Re: 76ers gonna give Barnes 95 for 4 mil

Post by Y2K »

zombiesonics wrote:I'll believe this when I see it. $23 million a year for Harrison fucking Barnes? Are they playing at 2 or 3? If he's a 3 then Simmons will be a 4. Then what happens with Noel and Okafor?

Questions, questions....
One of those two has to go because they want Embiid for sure.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

Buckets wrote:
I'm an MCS guy
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
Scout wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

I don't disagree with any of what you said, and he's still better than 50% of NBA starters.
As far as SFs, I'd rather have Lebron, Melo, Durant, Kawhi, George, Crowder, Hayward, Deng, Dudley, Aminu, Gallinari, Igoudala, Otto Porter, Giannis, Marcus Morris, Ariza, Joe Johnson, Chandler Parson, Rudy Gay....

And I could probably keep going....
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
Scout wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

Maybe.

Just for fun, I looked up his PER (take it or leave it as an important stat).

It was 12.3 this season. His career high is 13.4. The league average is 15.0.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Scout wrote:
Buckets wrote:
I'm an MCS guy
Scout Taron is that you? I remember you on the ESPN board.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Barnes isn't a #1 guy and maybe not even a #2 guy but can probably be a solid #3 for a team. Bulls small forward spot is a mess and I wouldn't mind getting Barnes if the price is right. Not no 95 mil
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elmouse03 wrote:Barnes isn't a #1 guy and maybe not even a #2 guy but can probably be a solid #3 for a team. Bulls small forward spot is a mess and I wouldn't mind getting Barnes if the price is right. Not no 95 mil
I'd like to see that. Get it done GarPax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:
Scout wrote: He's not a plus rebounder or passer. Can't create shots. Doesn't block shots or get steals. He's not a noteworthy defender. Even his 3 point shooting is misleading. He exclusively takes spot up threes, 66% of which are wide open (open by 6+ feet) which he shoots at a 42.6% clip. If he is just "open" (open by 4-6 feet), he shoots 33.8% which accounts for nearly 33% of his threes. He just doesn't shoot any threes that are even slightly guarded and when he does, he shoots abysmally (20% or lower).

Maybe.

Just for fun, I looked up his PER (take it or leave it as an important stat).

It was 12.3 this season. His career high is 13.4. The league average is 15.0.
I'll definitely leave it, I've seen where that bullshit pegs 3'Angelo.
Scout
Rookie

Post by Scout »

zombiesonics wrote:
Scout wrote:
Buckets wrote:
I'm an MCS guy
Scout Taron is that you? I remember you on the ESPN board.
Yes that's me. Surprised anyone would remember me from ESPN. I was not there very long before the boards format changed, and then I've just been MCS full time.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:Barnes isn't a #1 guy and maybe not even a #2 guy but can probably be a solid #3 for a team. Bulls small forward spot is a mess and I wouldn't mind getting Barnes if the price is right. Not no 95 mil
Like I said. Depends on the price but with the cap going up overpaying will be a way of life in the NBA now-a-days
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elmouse03 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Like I said. Depends on the price but with the cap going up overpaying will be a way of life in the NBA now-a-days
I just think he's at best an average player. I don't think he's a number 3 guy. He was at best number 4 on the Warriors and a weak link, with arguably one or two bench guys actually being more valuable than him. He's just not very good.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: 76ers gonna give Barnes 95 for 4 mil

Post by lettherebehouse »

denali4eva wrote:Which Barnes boo? :noidea:

Matt