Nadal down a set/break to Stan, gets injured

Talk about anything here.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Re: Nadal down a set/break to Stan, gets injured

Post by thatoothpick45 »

8 out of the 13 slams won by Rafa are the FO.

Roger has at least 4 from each of the slams outside of the FO. That is why Roger is the GOAT.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:So we have now learned that the former inmate is unable to distinguish between team and individual sports.

Awesome.
What we've learned is, you're a frontrunner of a fan and you cheer for whoever is #1 at any given time. First it was Kobe, now it's Lebron and Nadal. Well sorry to burst your proverbial bubble, son, but Nadal isn't surpassing Federer and Lebron is a coward.
I'm Kobe's biggest fan and always will be. And you suggesting that Kobe is not currently at the forefront of the pack is a testament to the fact that you are not a Kobe fan, and never will be.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I like Fed better than Nadal and I could give 2 shits about underbite or any poster. Your making statements against me to fit your own agenda. H2H is huge when comparing players in individual sports...especially in a sport like tennis. It's impossible to ignore. If Mayweather had fought Pacqiao 10 times and only won 3 of the fights no one would say he is better just because he had a few more career wins.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

manchild98 wrote:I like Fed better than Nadal and I could give 2 shits about underbite or any poster. Your making statements against me to fit your own agenda. H2H is huge when comparing players in individual sports...especially in a sport like tennis. It's impossible to ignore. If Mayweather had fought Pacqiao 10 times and only won 3 of the fights no one would say he is better just because he had a few more career wins.
I don't know if you've noticed, but he doesn't actually care about this discussion and has never made any sort of insightful comment re: Tennis on any message board. The deepest it goes is hyping Federer over Nadal in order to attempt to antagonize me. He has admitted as much.
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

manchild98 wrote:I like Fed better than Nadal and I could give 2 shits about underbite or any poster. Your making statements against me to fit your own agenda. H2H is huge when comparing players in individual sports...especially in a sport like tennis. It's impossible to ignore. If Mayweather had fought Pacqiao 10 times and only won 3 of the fights no one would say he is better just because he had a few more career wins.
You can look at H2H, if you'd like, there are aspects in tennis that determine a winner most of the time.

Nadal has an edge over Rafa, 10-23. Lets take a look at that a bit closer.

Out of the 33x these 2 have played, 15 have been on the clay. Edge Nadal 13-2

Grass-2-1 for Roger.

HC-9-6 for Rafa.

Rafa is the GOAT on clay, that is not questioned. However, combine Grass and HC, the discrepancy is much less, 11-8.

As I have stated before, majority of Rafa GS are at the FO. Roger has at least 4 GS from 3 out of the 4. Rafa still has plenty of work to be considered GOAT. Dominating on a single GS in tennis does make you the GOAT, you need to start winning elsewhere more often.