Will LeSecondFiddle defer to Ray Allen again today... ?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Will LeSecondFiddle defer to Ray Allen again today... ?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Discuss
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Will LeSecondFiddle defer to Ray Allen again today... ?

Post by kobeunderbite »

When did he defer to Ray Allen?
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

kobeunderbite wrote:When did he defer to Ray Allen?

I believe that was during one of the seminal poster's nocturnal emissions or as they are colloquially known wet dreams.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Who hit the game-winner in the now infamous Game 6 of the Finals last year, meatball?

Ray Allen.

Next
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Fail.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:

Who hit the game-winner in the now infamous Game 6 of the Finals last year, meatball?

Ray Allen.

Next
So LeBron passed up a shot attempt for Allen?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Face facts... James is not a Closer like Durant, Kobe, Jordan, Melo, et al. By his own admission Lebron would rather play the role of Magic or Pippen than the guy who has to carry the Scoring load in the closing minutes.

Why is this so difficult for LeTots to admit. Hell, even your hero says the same thing.

:roll:

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Ray Allen.

Next

I believe that was off an assist by Chris Bosh. You must be a NBA dilettante. That's okay. We all had to start somewhere.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote:

Ray Allen.

Next

Did Lebron take the last shot?

No.. Ray Allen did.

If James was a Closer (like KD or Jordan) he would have demanded the ball. Period.

Only a Bandwagon LeTot / former Kobe Homer believes James is a Closer. ROFL... Lebron himself admits he'd rather defer / distribute.

Now go get me a sammich former Kobe Kid turned LeTot.

lol
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Cobra Kai wrote:I'm pulling for you. But that was a swing and a miss.

Shake the rust off.

He's kind of like the Greg oden of this board. Hopefully he will truly be game ready by the playoffs...
Last edited by Sudanese Sensation on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

kobeunderbite wrote:

Ray Allen.

Next

No.. Ray Allen did.

If James was a closer (like KD or Jordan) he would have demanded the ball. Period.

Only a Bandwagon LeTot / former Kobe Homer believes James is a Closer. ROFL... Lebron himself admits he'd rather defer / dostribute.

lol

Did you watch the play? Do you really think that under those circumstances anyone was in position to demand the ball?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

WiseGuy wrote:

Ray Allen.

Next

I believe that was off an assist by Chris Bosh. You must be a NBA dilettante. That's okay. We all had to start somewhere.

Bosh passed to Allen because Allen is a Closer. Lebron isn't.

Next

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote: So LeBron passed up a shot attempt for Allen?

No.. Ray Allen did.

If James was a closer (like KD or Jordan) he would have demanded the ball. Period.

Only a Bandwagon LeTot / former Kobe Homer believes James is a Closer. ROFL... Lebron himself admits he'd rather defer / distribute.

lol

Did you watch the play? Do you really think that under those circumstances anyone was in position to demand the ball?

Bosh instinctively passed to Ray Allen (for a long-range INefficient 3-point shot) INSTEAD of Lebron because he knows Allen is a Closer with ice in his veins, where as James wilts like a dead flower in those situations.

This is not up for debate.

Next
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

kobeunderbite wrote:

No.. Ray Allen did.

Only a Bandwagon LeTot / former Kobe Homer believes James is a Closer. ROFL... Lebron himself admits he'd rather defer / dostribute.

lol

Bosh instinctively passed to Ray Allen (for a long-range INefficient) 3-point shot INSTEAD of Lebron, because he knows Allen is a Closer with ice in his veins, where as James wilts like a dead flower in those situations.

Next
You know what Bosh thought and how he feels instinctively? He didn't pass to Allen because the pass was an easy one and Allen had the look?

Wow. You're amazing.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Cobra Kai wrote:You would have been better off saying "lol at Lebron missing the game-saving shot and having to be bailed out by Bosh and Allen. Allen was the real closer."

You're welcome

Lebron didn't TAKE the game winning shot, sherlock... Allen did.

Why?

Because James is really a second-fiddle type player whose DNA is not made for being a Closer (like Allen, MJ, KD, et al).

That's the point here, no matter how you kids want to play around with semantics.

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Actually I thought LeChoke was the third fiddle.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

WiseGuy wrote:
Cobra Kai wrote:I'm pulling for you. But that was a swing and a miss.

Shake the rust off.

He's kind of like the Greg oden of this board. Hopefully he will truly be game ready by the playoffs...

Stupid one-liners don't change the fact that Lebron is not a Closer.

Next

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

kobeunderbite wrote:

No.. Ray Allen did.

lol

Bosh instinctively passed to Ray Allen (for a long-range INefficient) 3-point shot INSTEAD of Lebron, because he knows Allen is a Closer with ice in his veins, where as James wilts like a dead flower in those situations.

Next

You must not watch a lot of basketball. It was a corner three which is one of the most efficient shots in basketball. The Bosh assist was off a twenty six foot James miss. There was five seconds left on the clock. It would have been virtually impossible for Bosh to find James again considering the amount of time on the clock and where James was on the court.

There are a lot of knowledgeable basketball fans like your interlocutors on this site. Perhaps, if you spent less time writing and more time reading you too can become a valued and respected member of this board. I for one believe no man is uneducable.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

WiseGuy wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

Next

You must not watch a lot of basketball. It was a corner three which is one of the most efficient shots in basketball. The Bosh assist was off a twenty six foot James miss. There was five seconds left on the clock. It would have been virtually impossible for Bosh to find James again considering the amount of time on the clock and where James was on the court.

There are a lot of knowledgeable basketball fans like your interlocutors on this site. Perhaps, if you spent less time writing and more time reading you too can become a valued and respected member of this board. I for one believe no man is uneducable.

ROFLMAO at the notion that a 3-point attempt (ANY shot from that range) is considered an efficient shot.

:lol:

WoW... !!

And again, kiddo... it's a well known fact that Lebron is NOT a Closer. If he were then Bosh would have been looking for him instead of instinctively passing to the one guy on the floor who is a Closer (Ray Allen).

Next

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

WiseGuy wrote:

Next

ROFLMAO at the notion that a 3-point attempt (ANY shot from that range) is considered an efficient shot.

:lol:

WoW... !!

And again, kiddo... it's a well known fact that Lebron is NOT a Closer. If he were then Bosh would have been looking for him instead of instinctively passing to the one guy on the floor who is a Closer (Ray Allen).

Next

The NBA’s corner three is closer than from the wing and at the top of the key. At the wing and the top of the key, it’s the standard 23 feet 9 inches. In the corner, it’s only 22 feet. So it makes sense the corner three is the most efficient shot you can take in the game since it’s the closest spot on the floor where you can earn three points. But what about when you’re pressured or you’re shooting the corner three off the dribble? That’s where the most recent post by Vantage Sports comes in.
They used their quantitative data from the last two seasons to arrive at the charts you see above. Here’s their conclusion:
Even after accounting for shooter movement and the strength of the defense, the corner three still comes out looking like the easiest three. The big difference with the short distance corner three comes when defenders aren’t playing strong defense. If a shot is launched from the wing or top of the key, the defense might be able to get away with not getting a hand up. But if that three-point attempt comes from the corner, anything but great defense can turn an average shooter into a 40+ percent shooter.
This is fascinating stuff for analytics dorks, which I’m probably one of, but the corner three has a couple things working against it: it’s close enough to the sideline that players run the risk of falling on a spectator or the mayor’s waitress, and twisting an ankle; it’s also difficult to take an uncontested corner three since offensive players are boxed in by the baseline, the sideline, and the oncoming defender. Corner three-pointers are also increasingly more difficult—and that’s shown in the fourth graph—when a player dribbles before taking the shot. Implicit in that evaluation according to Vantage Sports’ analysis, is that the player isn’t set if he’s taking a shot off the dribble, especially as the number of dribbles increases. Most corner threes come off of penetration into the lane that forces the defender assigned to keep an eye on the shooter in the corner to drop down closer to the restricted area to help, thus leaving the corner player open. So when a player is set, and open, the corner three is the best shot in basketball, at least in terms of efficiency. Now we have numbers to back up what most professional basketball watchers have known for years: the corner three is the ish.

AND LET'S JUST IGNORE THE FACT THE HEAT WERE DOWN THREE (95-92) WITH FIVE SECONDS ON THE CLOCK. IT WAS LITERALLY THE ONLY SHOT AVAILABLE TO TIE THE GAME AND SEND IT INTO OVERTIME.