This board doesn't seem as busy as Angersports was.

Talk about anything here.
RodneyStuckey3
Rookie

This board doesn't seem as busy as Angersports was.

Post by RodneyStuckey3 »

T/F
Last edited by RodneyStuckey3 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: This board doesn't not seem as busy Angersports was.

Post by CleveTown™ »

false, it's about the same.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
RodneyStuckey3
Rookie

Post by RodneyStuckey3 »

That's fair
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Then get it poppin' and stop complaining.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

We definitely need some new members.
RodneyStuckey3
Rookie

Post by RodneyStuckey3 »

Smelters wrote:Then get it poppin' and stop complaining.
I'm not complaining.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Max wrote:We definitely need some new members.
Partially this, but also a few regulars aren't posting as much.

Though the board has been up a few hours over a week, and we have 617 threads, 6774 posts, 83 members. Not terrible, but obviously the more posters the merrier.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Consider re-wording that thread title to where it reflects what you were actually trying to say.

Either way, yeah, seems a little slower.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

The problem is 10 or so posters are carrying the load and providing the content by which the lurkers feed off of. If they would stop lurking and participate, then the community would get larger.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
RodneyStuckey3
Rookie

Post by RodneyStuckey3 »

swampgator wrote:Consider re-wording that thread title to where it reflects what you were actually trying to say.

Yeah, I forgot to add an "as". Sorry. Please, judge me solely on that.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

RodneyStuckey3 wrote:
swampgator wrote:Consider re-wording that thread title to where it reflects what you were actually trying to say.

Yeah, I forgot to add an "as". Sorry. Please, judge me solely on that.
Even with that 'as', are you saying it is less or more busy?
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

CleveTown™ wrote:The problem is 10 or so posters are carrying the load and providing the content by which the lurkers feed off of. If they would stop lurking and participate, then the community would get larger.
I actually agree with you.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

ripper76 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:The problem is 10 or so posters are carrying the load and providing the content by which the lurkers feed off of. If they would stop lurking and participate, then the community would get larger.
I agree with that as well. There are a handful of thread starters that people get involved with just because. Some of these are recycling the same boring shit ad-nauseam, but the username that posted it peaks interest.

The problem also lies in board allegiances. If you aren't part of the "in" crowd, then threads started die quickly.
steveo
Role Player

Post by steveo »

swampgator wrote:
ripper76 wrote:
I agree with that as well. There are a handful of thread starters that people get involved with just because. Some of these are recycling the same boring shit ad-nauseam, but the username that posted it peaks interest.

The problem also lies in board allegiances. If you aren't part of the "in" crowd, then threads started die quickly.
This is pretty accurate...
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

swampgator wrote:
ripper76 wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what the "in" crowd is. The "friend/enemy" connections are all pretty twisted up in a lot of instances and even vary from topic to topic.
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

steveo wrote:
swampgator wrote:
ripper76 wrote: I actually agree with you.

As I think about it a little bit, I feel that it's not so much an issue of being part of the "in crowd." Posters that get a lot of responses are typically either 1) very memorable 2) very outrageous 3) very prolific or 4) have been around awhile.

A lot of posters seem to also have switched names, in some cases several times. That really hurts you if you are looking for responses. People don't know you, they don't know what to expect. They wonder who you are, who were you on ESPN? Who were you last week?

I've had the same screen name for almost 10 years now, and the same avatar for about 8. People recognize it and remember.

Sometimes a thread just isn't interesting to others though, no matter who starts it.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

ripper76 wrote:
steveo wrote:
swampgator wrote: I agree with that as well. There are a handful of thread starters that people get involved with just because. Some of these are recycling the same boring shit ad-nauseam, but the username that posted it peaks interest.

As I think about it a little bit, I feel that it's not so much an issue of being part of the "in crowd." Posters that get a lot of responses are typically either 1) very memorable 2) very outrageous 3) very prolific or 4) have been around awhile.

A lot of posters seem to also have switched names, in some cases several times. That really hurts you if you are looking for responses. People don't know you, they don't know what to expect. They wonder who you are, where you on ESPN? Who were you last week?

I've had the same screen name for almost 10 years now, and the same avatar for about 8. People recognize it and remember.

Sometimes a thread just isn't interesting to others though, no matter who starts it.
That who were you before on ESPN thing likely influences too much; what with the whole 'legend' nonsense and all. I say just focus on what is here and now.

Most threads are just not that interesting if you really think about it. The high response ones come from the characters like you described above.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: This board doesn't not seem as busy as Angersports was.

Post by elartman1973 »

RodneyStuckey3 wrote:T/F
Ok
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

swampgator wrote:
ripper76 wrote:
steveo wrote: This is pretty accurate...

A lot of posters seem to also have switched names, in some cases several times. That really hurts you if you are looking for responses. People don't know you, they don't know what to expect. They wonder who you are, where you on ESPN? Who were you last week?

That who were you before on ESPN thing likely influences too much; what with the whole 'legend' nonsense and all. I say just focus on what is here and now.

Most threads are just not that interesting if you really think about it. The high response ones come from the characters like you described above.
People like familiarity though. That's why so many movies are sequels or remakes. People flock to things they know and usually take awhile to warm up to something new.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Maybe because of your self righteous a$$. Get a clue and some balance in your life.