Hall of Famer

How do u feel about having an MJ/Bulls/Rose fan as webmaster

Post by FPL »

z
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Re: How do u feel about having an MJ/Bulls/Rose fan as webma

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

I had one as a butler so webmaster seems okay.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I am now on the bandwagon for the rest of the season, as my Lakers are tanking.

Go Bulls!
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

Cobra Kai wrote:Who do you have in mind?
Chancie/Brian, probably.
Yuh
Superstar

Post by Yuh »

fpliii wrote:I am now on the bandwagon for the rest of the season, as my Lakers are tanking.

Go Bulls!
O I C
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

It's LONG Overdue.

swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:I'm also a non-Bulls Bulls fan. Great coach. Great group of guys. Two former Gator studs.Classy organization.
Yep, having two Gators alone makes them ok in my book. Points taken away for 2 DOOKIES on the roster.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Re: How do u feel about having an MJ/Bulls/Rose fan as webmaster

Post by jordanzone »

..a year later Fpliii, it's time man...pull the trigger, make it happen, shake up the message board world...

..I nominate DWC, and utilizing 420 as a rules amendment consultant... :suds:
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

jordanzone wrote:..a year later Fpliii, it's time man...pull the trigger, make it happen, shake up the message board world...

They're on my shortlist, big fan of both gents (must say though, y2k is an admin, and I think he's a great guy).

As for my Bulls fandom, Kobe is out for the year again, but it's hard for me to be a huge supporter since I'm a defense-first guy, and they've gotten away from that. A big part of that is Noah's health issues, but whenever Brooks is on the floor, they have had problems on that end. Of the teams in the East, I'd most prefer for them to win it all because of Pau, but there's a lot of work to be done before they get to that point. They certainly have the talent, it's mostly about execution now.

I want to see Mirotic (never was big on McDermott, though I know he was popular here when drafted...Mirotic is just levels better in terms of potential IMO) getting more minutes, and they need Noah+Dunleavy to be healthy. Not a fan of Brooks as I said since when he's on the floor everybody has to work harder defensively. Deng I think was always underrated, and I don't think Butler is close to the same level defensively (though maybe he's better strictly one-on-one). Dude always knew when to rotate/switch, and was awesome at funneling guys into the sideline/baseline/help defenders.
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

fpliii wrote:
jordanzone wrote:..a year later Fpliii, it's time man...pull the trigger, make it happen, shake up the message board world...

They're on my shortlist, big fan of both gents (must say though, y2k is an admin, and I think he's a great guy).

As for my Bulls fandom, Kobe is out for the year again, but it's hard for me to be a huge supporter since I'm a defense-first guy, and they've gotten away from that. A big part of that is Noah's health issues, but whenever Brooks is on the floor, they have had problems on that end. Of the teams in the East, I'd most prefer for them to win it all because of Pau, but there's a lot of work to be done before they get to that point. They certainly have the talent, it's mostly about execution now.

I want to see Mirotic (never was big on McDermott, though I know he was popular here when drafted...Mirotic is just levels better in terms of potential IMO) getting more minutes, and they need Noah+Dunleavy to be healthy. Not a fan of Brooks as I said since when he's on the floor everybody has to work harder defensively. Deng I think was always underrated, and I don't think Butler is close to the same level defensively (though maybe he's better strictly one-on-one). Dude always knew when to rotate/switch, and was awesome at funneling guys into the sideline/baseline/help defenders.

..so on just them being contenders, what in your opinion is the biggest obstacle for them to overcome and achieve this feat?...is it a single/two player trade?...coaching not conducive to them performing to their abilities?...and I say this assuming all players are healthy...if the team as is(when healthy, lol) can be championship material, what is that proverbial nudge they need?
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

jordanzone wrote:..so on just them being contenders, what in your opinion is the biggest obstacle for them to overcome and achieve this feat?...is it a single/two player trade?...coaching not conducive to them performing to their abilities?...and I say this assuming all players are healthy...if the team as is(when healthy, lol) can be championship material, what is that proverbial nudge they need?
I'm really not a fan of Brooks. I don't think a trade needs to be made necessarily as long as they can be healthy for the stretch run, but the rotations are a real issue.

Part of it might be guys trying to do too much offensively. I know this is a contract year for Butler, and Gibson was training, working on his post moves in the offseason (because post-Boozer, he was supposed to start pre-Gasol I believe), but it does seem like more offensive focus is taking away from what both guys were doing defensively. Again, post-Deng the defense had to work harder, but they were still elite after the trade. This is completely different.

If they do want to make a trade, I think they need to improve their wing depth. I'm not saying they should actively look to deal Gibson, but if they're going to have Mirotic play his role going forward, they might want to consider moving him for the right deal.

Vince hasn't worked out in Memphis, so maybe if they can get him for McDermott or Snell and not much else, the trade would be worthwhile. I think the Bulls still have the Kings pick, I wouldn't include it right now, but since it's top-10 protected, if they can't get value, maybe package it with Snell or McDermott (I'm not sure if it's protected next year) for a wing player.