They should make a "That 90s Show"

Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

They should make a "That 90s Show"

Post by Buckets »

With all the nostalgia surrounding the 90s I'm sure it wouldn't be tough to make. Probably have a large audience too. Maybe its too soon (give it 10 years or so) but I think this needs to be made.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: They should make a "That 90s Show"

Post by lettherebehouse »

Don't they still air Saved By The Bell and California Dreams reruns? I know 90210 still gets some play on the SOAP channel. But I hear you, we could use a fresher more exaggerated take on the 90s, if at all possible.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

jjgator wrote:It would probably do almost as well as That 80s Show did.
The 90s following is much much greater than the 80s. Especially amongst current 22 -35 year olds (which watch a lot of television whether it be streaming or cable).
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:
The 90s following is much much greater than the 80s. Especially amongst current 22 -35 year olds (which watch a lot of television whether it be streaming or cable).

As noted, it's still a little too recent. For some people, they're virtually still living in the 90s. (There might be at least one middle ager here who fits the bill.) So you'd kind of be making fun of them and it's never good to alienate an audience. Plus, it's recent enough where we think those things are foolish and not endearing.

So give it a few years. That being said, there's a new 1980s kitch sitcom. The Goldbergs.

And it's not that bad.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:

As noted, it's still a little too recent. For some people, they're virtually still living in the 90s. (There might be at least one middle ager here who fits the bill.) So you'd kind of be making fun of them and it's never good to alienate an audience. Plus, it's recent enough where we think those things are foolish and not endearing.

So give it a few years. That being said, there's a new 1980s kitch sitcom. The Goldbergs.

And it's not that bad.
Good points. Maybe I should keep the idea noted, fly out to LA in 10-20 years, and try to meet up with some producers. I got zero thoughts on what the show would be about but hey an idea is half the battle...
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:

And it's not that bad.
Good points. Maybe I should keep the idea noted, fly out to LA in 10-20 years, and try to meet up with some producers. I got zero thoughts on what the show would be about but hey an idea is half the battle...

As for The Goldbergs...

its premise is that the young kid in the family took video of all the shenanigans. Which... he really did. The showrunner is the kid in the sitcom, and it always ends with the original video that depicts a situation that happened in the show.

Not a great show. But it has its moments... I didn't dig That 70s Show, so I can only assume That 80s Show was even worse.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Cobra Kai wrote:I'm still waiting for a great TV show about the Roaring 20's.

Boardwalk Empire is good. Maybe not great...

But definitely good.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

lettherebehouse wrote:Don't they still air Saved By The Bell and California Dreams reruns? I know 90210 still gets some play on the SOAP channel. But I hear you, we could use a fresher more exaggerated take on the 90s, if at all possible.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Shill Jackson wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Don't they still air Saved By The Bell and California Dreams reruns? I know 90210 still gets some play on the SOAP channel. But I hear you, we could use a fresher more exaggerated take on the 90s, if at all possible.

Kelly Kapowski!!!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

And it's not that bad.

As for The Goldbergs...

its premise is that the young kid in the family took video of all the shenanigans. Which... he really did. The showrunner is the kid in the sitcom, and it always ends with the original video that depicts a situation that happened in the show.

Not a great show. But it has its moments... I didn't dig That 70s Show, so I can only assume That 80s Show was even worse.
Sounds like a cool concept. What station and time is it on?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:

As for The Goldbergs...

Dunno. I don't watch anything live. Not even sports (most times)
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

As for The Goldbergs...

Dunno. I don't watch anything live. Not even sports (most times)
No live sports?