Can anywhere be more backward and stupid than Texas?

Talk about anything here.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Can anywhere be more backward and stupid than Texas?

Post by Shill Jackson »

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencen ... z2rNKt9hrN

A Texas judge has ordered that a brain-dead pregnant woman be removed from life support after her husband filed suit against a Fort Worth hospital for "cruel and obscene mutilation" of a dead body.

Marlise Munoz, 33, was 14 weeks pregnant when her husband, Erick Munoz, found her unconscious on the floor of their kitchen on Nov. 26, possibly due to a blood clot in one of her lungs.

Although doctors at the county-owned hospital later told the husband that his wife was brain dead and would never recover, the hospital chose to keep her body on life support against the family's wishes, citing a Texas law that prohibits hospitals from suspending "life-sustaining treatment" on patients who are pregnant.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
town bidness
All-Star

Re: Can anywhere be more backward and stupid than Texas?

Post by town bidness »

i always thought those 'rugged individualists' down there in texas was against big government all up in your business?

is there anything repubs are not hypocrites about?
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

according to a few articles, anywhere from 11-22 other states abide by this same law...

Texas is one of more than two dozen states that prohibit, with varying degrees of strictness, medical officials from cutting off life support to a pregnant patient.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

constitutionnomore wrote:according to a few articles, anywhere from 11-22 other states abide by this same law...

Texas is one of more than two dozen states that prohibit, with varying degrees of strictness, medical officials from cutting off life support to a pregnant patient.
why should the law being dictating medical policy?
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

Shill Jackson wrote:
constitutionnomore wrote:according to a few articles, anywhere from 11-22 other states abide by this same law...

oh, I wasn't so much arguing your point as much as I was defending my birthplace as the only place where this is happening...

..but, this issue also entails a pro-life/pro-choice argument...some will be conflicted by this no doubt...
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I Hope they pull the plug on me if I am legally brain dead. Oh wait they have to. I have a clause in my will for that. It is called right to die.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Da Stars. wrote:I Hope they pull the plug on me if I am legally brain dead. Oh wait they have to. I have a clause in my will for that. It is called right to die.
Shouldn't they have already pulled the plug then?
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Da Stars. wrote:I Hope they pull the plug on me if I am legally brain dead. Oh wait they have to. I have a clause in my will for that. It is called right to die.
I don't want you to die... :cry:
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

ripper76 wrote:
Shouldn't they have already pulled the plug then?

:|
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

constitutionnomore wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:

oh, I wasn't so much arguing your point as much as I was defending my birthplace as the only place where this is happening...

..but, this issue also entails a pro-life/pro-choice argument...some will be conflicted by this no doubt...
I didn't know you're a native Texan...
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

denali4eva wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote: why should the law being dictating medical policy?

..I think you may have but forgot..not sure...when we had our military talks, born at Fort Hood Army Base...
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

denali4eva wrote:

..I think you may have but forgot..not sure...when we had our military talks, born at Fort Hood Army Base...
I remember now...I sometimes can't remember two days ago let alone any significant amount of time that has passed...lol
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

town bidness wrote:i always thought those 'rugged individualists' down there in texas was against big government all up in your business?

is there anything repubs are not hypocrites about?
government be all up in yo bidness
jordanzone
constitutionnomore

Post by jordanzone »

denali4eva wrote:
denali4eva wrote: I didn't know you're a native Texan...
I remember now...I sometimes can't remember two days ago let alone any significant amount of time that has passed...lol

I know that feeling..haha...but, no one will hold it against you(not that you give a crap) about not remembering message board chat when we all have real life shit to maintain...