Talk about anything here.
town bidness
All-Star

Re: If LeBron is only 1/3 the way to the summit of Mount Jor

Post by town bidness »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
town bidness wrote:

Listen cupcake... you know damn well you were attempting to diminish Oscar's role on that Championship team, and don't think we're not not wise to your stupidity.
look here blanche, i said he was declining which he CLEARLY was... not that he was a liability. telling the truth is not diminishing anything unless you're an idiot. just accept that jordan is behind kareem and will be forever in bball. jordan can always take that he is the more popular player.

No, you look here cupcake... here's what you said:

"old man oscar was in the midst of a steady decline... three years away from retirement when kareem carried him and the bucks to the lone bright spot in that franchises otherwise poor existence."

Yeah... you weren't trying to diminish Oscar's Value / production in that (futile) attempt to elevate Jabbar.

:roll:

Also, the Bucks went to the Finals in Oscar's last season (losing to the Lakers in 7)... the following year the Jabbar-led / Robertson-less Bucks became a lottery team.

:lol:

Next...
he was in a state of decline and only a grade a moron would try to state otherwise... hence your usual ramblings.

your posting never gets better tdk, lol.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Holy shit, bidness is cracking skulls in this thread. Yikes!

KAJ = GOAT

Deal with it, kids.
Olaf wrote:I would fuck them up with an ice pick.

I could also fuck you up, if you want to be fucked up.

Bring your father, mother and kids, too.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote:
look here blanche, i said he was declining which he CLEARLY was... not that he was a liability. telling the truth is not diminishing anything unless you're an idiot. just accept that jordan is behind kareem and will be forever in bball. jordan can always take that he is the more popular player.

"old man oscar was in the midst of a steady decline... three years away from retirement when kareem carried him and the bucks to the lone bright spot in that franchises otherwise poor existence."

Yeah... you weren't trying to diminish Oscar's Value / production in that (futile) attempt to elevate Jabbar.

Also, the Bucks went to the Finals in Oscar's last season (losing to the Lakers in 7)... the following year the Jabbar-led / Robertson-less Bucks became a lottery team.

Next...

he was in a state of decline and only a grade a moron would try to state otherwise... hence your usual ramblings.

39 and 40 year old-man Jabbar was pretty much reduced to a role player on those 87 and 88 Championship Lakers... Jordan was never a role-player.

You got nothing, bidness... as usual.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

wailuaFC wrote:

Agreed...

You can get to the Finals with a great "team", but only the greatest OF the greatest get-it-done for their team once they get to the big dance.

Jordan's teams got there 6 times and MJ got it done all 6 times... in record-breaking, iconic fashion.

Kobe is 2 for 7 and LeBron 2 for 4... and the two of them combined have put up four -4- of the worst Finals performances of all time.

So again this begs the question: If LeBron is one-third to the summit, how far up is Kobe?

What?

Kobe: 2 Finals MVP's / 7 Finals appearances

LeEasyWayOut: 2 Finals MVP's / 4 Finals appearances

The GOAT: 6 Finals MVP's / 6 Finals appearances
Interesting take, so I suppose scottie pippen gets no credit for his role in the bulls titles?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:

What?

Interesting take, so I suppose scottie pippen gets no credit for his role in the bulls titles?

Who said Pippen gets no credit... why are you trying to put words in my mouth?

Jordan was Finals MVP 6 times in 6 Finals appearances. Kobe 2/7; LeBron 2/4. That's the point here.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

town bidness wrote:

Next...

39 and 40 year old-man Jabbar was pretty much reduced to a role player on those 87 and 88 Championship Lakers... Jordan was never a role-player.

Yes he was
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

wailuaFC wrote:

Jordan was Finals MVP 6 times in 6 Finals appearances. Kobe 2/7; LeBron 2/4. That's the point here.
Essentially you are saying that you dont get credit if you dont win FMVP, is that not correct?
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

Essentially you are saying that you dont get credit if you dont win FMVP, is that not correct?

How many titles as the 2nd best player equal 1 Lead Dog Title in your opinion?
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

wailuaFC wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Interesting take, so I suppose scottie pippen gets no credit for his role in the bulls titles?

Nooooooo... that's not what I'm saying; however when you are comparing players on an all-time basis, Championships/FMVP's won are by far the most important criteria.

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

LeBron is just coasting to the mountain top. :P
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

town bidness wrote:

Next...

that's actually jordans' problem.

in fact, had he not been a miserable recidivist quitter during his prime, to then go on to not know his place on the wiz instead of being a poor shooting ego manic, he could have given me one less thing to torment bulls fans like you with. it's a shame the way baldy stifled the young talent in dc by literally shooting them out of the playoffs.

unlike jordan, who was rudderless without pippen... kareem has never known such embarrassment.

keep trying genius.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote:

in fact, had he not been a miserable recidivist quitter during his prime, to then go on to not know his place on the wiz instead of being a poor shooting ego manic, he could have given me one less thing to torment bulls fans like you with. it's a shame the way baldy stifled the young talent in dc by literally shooting them out of the playoffs.

unlike jordan, who was rudderless without pippen... kareem has never known such embarrassment.

keep trying genius.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Smelters wrote:
town bidness wrote:

keep trying genius.
yeah kareem has the same amount, except with two different franchises.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Smelters wrote:
town bidness wrote:

Just to let you know that Kareem has 6 titles of his own. People forget about the one in 70-71 when him and the bucks were just absolutely dominant.

keep trying genius.

Just to let you know that Kareem has 6 titles of his own. People forget about his first one in 70-71 when him and the Bucks were absolutely dominant.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote:

keep trying genius.

Yaaaaaawn...

Jabbar: 6 Championships (2 FMVP's / 2 co lead-dog Rings / 2 role-player Rings)
Jordan: 6 Championships / 6 Finals MVP's

Jordan -----> Jabbar

Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

town bidness wrote:
Smelters wrote:
town bidness wrote:

keep trying genius.
His one with the Bucks was outdone by MJ's first 3peat. Then Kareem got the rest of his with loaded teams. MJ got 3 more with more help, Kareem 5 with more help.

Both brought a franchise their first title. Remember also (when you speak of Pippen like most MJ haters do) that Kareem played with the Big O and Bobby Dandridge on that Buck championship team.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

town bidness wrote:

keep trying genius.

Yaaaaaawn...

Jordan -----> Jabbar
kareem - six rings for two franchises, ten finals with four straight finals appearances during the most competitive era to date.

jordan six rings with six finals during the worse modern era to date.... no other great team for the entire decade. leader of a team that only dropped two games the year he, a 30 ppg scorer, abandoned them on no notice and was replaced by one pete myers. pippen is truly the most unappreciated top 50 player of all time, lol.

i know it hurts to remember all this but i care about your well being.... just let it marinate for a while and dry out.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

town bidness wrote:
town bidness wrote:

keep trying genius.

Yaaaaaawn...

Jordan -----> Jabbar
kareem - six rings for two franchises, ten finals with four straight finals appearances during the most competitive era to date.

jordan six rings with six finals during the worse modern era to date.... no other great team for the entire decade. leader of a team that only dropped two games the year he, a 30 ppg scorer, abandoned them on no notice and was replaced by one pete myers. pippen is truly the most unappreciated top 50 player of all time, lol.

i know it hurts to remember all this but i care about your well being.... just let it marinate for a while and dry out.

It's a shame that the ratings of some of those finals that Jordan played in don't say that. In fact I believe the 2 highest rated finals of all time happened in 98 and 93. The lowest rated ones were in the 2000s with the likes of the Spurs playing in them.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Smelters wrote:
town bidness wrote:
Smelters wrote: Image
His one with the Bucks was outdone by MJ's first 3peat. Then Kareem got the rest of his with loaded teams. MJ got 3 more with more help, Kareem 5 with more help.

Both brought a franchise their first title. Remember also (when you speak of Pippen like most MJ haters do) that Kareem played with the Big O and Bobby Dandridge on that Buck championship team.
lol, ok. lets say i agree with your idiotic premise that kareems' success with mil is out shone by jordans' first threepeat. then the domination of the 80s by kareem and magic outshines every single thing baldy ever did in his entire career.

you can ignore the fact that kareem scored over 6000 more points than jordan and was a vastly better defender. oh and yes... kareem had teammates. an old oscar and bob dandrige..... so the fuck what?
Last edited by town bidness on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.