"If You Want To Win A Ring, Come To Chicago"

Talk about anything here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: "If You Want To Win A Ring, Come To Chicago"

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Cobra Kai wrote:Z

Great sig bro. Absolute truth.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Melo sure as hell ain't winning a ring in LA... unless he joins the Clippers, that is. So yeah, if he's gonna leave NY there's only one -1- logical destination: Chicago.

As a Bulls fan though, I'm not sure I want him...
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

Cobra Kai wrote:I only speak the truth.
I know you're biased but everyone knows the GOAT is Daniel Larusso.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

The Bulls haven't won shit since I was in jr high. That ain't changing anytime soon.
Olaf wrote:I would fuck them up with an ice pick.

I could also fuck you up, if you want to be fucked up.

Bring your father, mother and kids, too.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Lots of questions if Melo comes to Chicago.

Will his defense improve under Thibs?

If not, will the team be able to mask his defense?

Will he become a better team-oriented player in Chicago's system?

Regardless I think he would be worth the acquisition. With the roster the Bulls will have in the offseason (assuming they amnesty Boozer and Mirotic doesn't come until after next season) I just can't see them being title contenders. Melo may be able change that, which is why I think he's worth the risk.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

BJArmstrong wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:Melo sure as hell ain't winning a ring in LA... unless he joins the Clippers, that is. So yeah, if he's gonna leave NY there's only one -1- logical destination: Chicago.

As a Bulls fan though, I'm not sure I want him...
I don't want him but I'll take him.

Melo or Boozer is what it could come down to... and only an idiot would take Carlos.

So yeah I agree with you.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bulls haven't attracted talent in 15 years, and these delusional Bulls babies think they're just going to start doing it again now?

lolz
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Lots of questions if Melo comes to Chicago.

Regardless I think he would be worth the acquisition. With the roster the Bulls will have in the offseason (assuming they amnesty Boozer and Mirotic doesn't come until after next season) I just can't see them being title contenders. Melo may be able change that, which is why I think he's worth the risk.
Everybody here knows I am not a big fan of Melo's, but this could actually be a decent fit. I actually agree with TDK on this one - If he wants a ring, its probably his best choice.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Everybody here knows I am not a big fan of Melo's, but this could actually be a decent fit. I actually agree with TDK on this one - If he wants a ring, its probably his best choice.
I agree. Thibs is one of the best coaches for Melo. He preaches defense and ball movement, which are aspects of Melo's game that need improvement if he wants to win a ring.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

I agree. Thibs is one of the best coaches for Melo. He preaches defense and ball movement, which are aspects of Melo's game that need improvement if he wants to win a ring.
I'm sorry but at this point in his career why is Melo going to change his game? He's had this same playing style for his entire career.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

The 90s called and they want their slogan back.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Either the Bulls sign Melo or Mirotic that's the belief now from Bulls management.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:The 90s called and they want their slogan back.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:The 90s called and they want their slogan back.

Just like how the 80s took back Radio Shack? :o
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

gaskill15 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I'm sorry but at this point in his career why is Melo going to change his game? He's had this same playing style for his entire career.
Perhaps. I still think Thibs is the best coach for Melo because he preaches things that Melo isn't efficient at. Whether Melo will listen to him and change for the sake of winning I do not know, which is why I raised the questions above in this thread.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
Perhaps. I still think Thibs is the best coach for Melo because he preaches things that Melo isn't efficient at. Whether Melo will listen to him and change for the sake of winning I do not know, which is why I raised the questions above in this thread.

I don't really care if Melo comes here or not myself. Will he turn him into a good player on the defensive end like Ray Allen in Boston or will it be another Boozer?
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
I think his ego is too big to change even for Thibs. Either way, that's a very expensive risk.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Anyone here sensing Thibs might not stick around for much longer? They fired his top assistant this summer, so I wonder what his relationship is like with the GM.
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

Melo is actually capable of guarding the 3 and most 4's believe it or not...he just rarely gives 100% on that end of the court.
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

vegasfraud wrote:Melo is actually capable of guarding the 3 and most 4's believe it or not...he just rarely gives 100% on that end of the court.
Which is just as bad as him not being capable of guarding those positions.