Playoff Match-ups...

Talk about anything here.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Playoff Match-ups...

Post by rtiff68 »

If your favorite team is in the running for a playoff spot, which team would you prefer to see in the 1st round?

As a Warriors fan, I would prefer Portland (3 vs. 6 or 4 vs. 5).
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Re: Playoff Match-ups...

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

rtiff68 wrote:If your favorite team is in the running for a playoff spot, which team would you prefer to see in the 1st round?

Good call. I still think they have done a bit with smoke and mirrors. I would like the Blazers too if the Grizz can finish strong here.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

What's up broham?

I'd like to see that ping pong ball matchup!
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AlaskaHawks wrote:What's up broham?

Lakers suck cock!
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Hey bud!

As much as it pisses me off to say this, I have little doubt that the Lakers will end up in the top 3. Shit just always seems to work out for them.

I'm officially in Tucson now, by the way. The wife and I have been house-hunting the past 2 days with a local realtor, and I start work on Monday. How are things?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

rtiff68 wrote:

Hey bud!

As much as it pisses me off to say this, I have little doubt that the Lakers will end up in the top 3. Shit just always seems to work out for them.

I'm officially in Tucson now, by the way. The wife and I have been house-hunting the past 2 days with a local realtor, and I start work on Monday. How are things?
We are practically neighbors. I'm heading to the Scottsdale homestead tonight and will be there for the next 11 days. How you liking Arizona?
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:If your favorite team is in the running for a playoff spot, which team would you prefer to see in the 1st round?

Good call. I still think they have done a bit with smoke and mirrors. I would like the Blazers too if the Grizz can finish strong here.
I have a feeling you guys will squeeze in, and the Grizzlies are the last thing I would want to see in Round 1 if I was a Thunder fan. Even if you win the series, they're going to take a pound of flesh from you in the process (sort of like basketball's version of the 49ers or Seahawks).
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

Hey bud!

We are practically neighbors. I'm heading to the Scottsdale homestead tonight and will be there for the next 11 days. How you liking Arizona?
Nice! I like it out here a lot. I will always be a Bay Area kid at heart, but I'm never going to be able to afford to live out there (the way I want to, at least). Tucson is built around the university, so there's actually a decent amount to do here, and I love the hiking, views, weather, etc.

...and I definitely plan on hitting up Spring Training every year after this one (I just got here Sunday, and I'm living with the in-laws until we buy a place, so this year won't work). We'll have to meet up for beers in Scottsdale in the near future (maybe a Suns game at some point?)!
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

rtiff68 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Hey bud!

Nice! I like it out here a lot. I will always be a Bay Area kid at heart, but I'm never going to be able to afford to live out there (the way I want to, at least). Tucson is built around the university, so there's actually a decent amount to do here, and I love the hiking, views, weather, etc.

...and I definitely plan on hitting up Spring Training every year after this one (I just got here Sunday, and I'm living with the in-laws until we buy a place, so this year won't work). We'll have to meet up for beers in Scottsdale in the near future (maybe a Suns game at some point?)!
I would be all over that.

I haven't bought any tickets yet, but I'm planning on taking in a catcus league game or two on this trip. Good times.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

rtiff68 wrote:

Hey bud!

Congrats on finally moving out there and making the house hunt a reality.

Believe it or not, my future might include living in Arizona here shortly too. I'll keep you posted.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

Hey bud!

Believe it or not, my future might include living in Arizona here shortly too. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks, man.

No kidding (about moving to AZ)? That would be crazy. Definitely keep me in the loop...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

rtiff68 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
Hey bud!

Thanks, man.

No kidding (about moving to AZ)? That would be crazy. Definitely keep me in the loop...

Yeah, could happen as soon as the end of this month. Debating on taking the job and moving or not but I will decide soon.
Bill Russell

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

I'd rather Bulls play the Wizards than the Nets out of their two most likely first round matches
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Anybody that says they love Phoenix says it during the winter months.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Anybody that says they love Phoenix says it during the winter months.
Duh. Who the fuck goes there in July and August?
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Titan18 wrote:I'd rather Bulls play the Wizards than the Nets out of their two most likely first round matches
That would be a WAY better match-up for Chicago. Washington needs to run, and they're inexperienced-- I think the Bulls would slow the game to a grinding halt and win the series rather easily (5 games).

With veteran-laden teams like the Nets, you never know what they might do once the "real" (post)season starts...
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Playing the wizards would be a good matchup for us. Shouldn't struggle too much with them.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

rtiff68 wrote:
Titan18 wrote:I'd rather Bulls play the Wizards than the Nets out of their two most likely first round matches
That would be a WAY better match-up for Chicago. Washington needs to run, and they're inexperienced-- I think the Bulls would slow the game to a grinding halt and win the series rather easily (5 games).

With veteran-laden teams like the Nets, you never know what they might do once the "real" (post)season starts...
Exactly. Ideal scenario for me is Bulls to end up 3rd seed and Wizards drop
To 6. That will lead to a likely first round victory for the Bulls and a Indy matchup in the second round. And although the chances are slim Bulls have more of a chance of pulling a upset than they would Miami.

And I know Pacers are technically 1st seed right now but Miami is coming for that ass.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Oh and Rtiff I was at the Bulls/Warriors last Wed and was really exciting to see Curry play but damn did he take a massive dump on the court that night. Was that his worse game of the season?
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Titan18 wrote:Oh and Rtiff I was at the Bulls/Warriors last Wed and was really exciting to see Curry play but damn did he take a massive dump on the court that night. Was that his worse game of the season?
Pretty much.

I think it was simply a case of having an off night right from the get-go on the road against a team that plays balls out every night.

That game certainly sucked ass, but they've won 7 of 9 overall, and that road trip as a whole was pretty successful.

So it goes, I suppose. Sorry you didn't get your money's worth...