D. Wilkins not impressed by LeBron's 61

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: D. Wilkins not impressed by LeBron's 61

Post by lettherebehouse »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Wow...These old timers are getting more and more pathetic with every soundbyte that has to do with Lebron. Kareem's a little buttsore, and now Wilkins joining the club of disgruntled 'has beens' all in just one week's worth of work. I respect the legends of the game, but shit like this is making it harder and harder as they continually view the modern game and it's stars through the myopic lens of yesteryear.
Breh, it's been happening for years, just wasn't always social media to make them exposed like this. However, LeBron did get sonned, because that defense last night was pathetic at best.

The defenses usually are brutal when a player goes off. But if I'm not gonna let people get away with critiquing Kobe's 81 for coming against Toronto's pathetic defense, why would I let Nique get away with the same generic tactic?
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

ripper76 wrote:Even when he played Wilkins was always in the 2nd tier of superstars. These days people hardly ever mention him. As a result he's not happy about seeing young players do well, it only pushes him further into the background.
Well in Nique's defense, he was a big time scorer in his day. If he has any knowledge, its mostly going to be about scoring.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

y2ktors wrote:
ripper76 wrote:Even when he played Wilkins was always in the 2nd tier of superstars. These days people hardly ever mention him. As a result he's not happy about seeing young players do well, it only pushes him further into the background.
Well in Nique's defense, he was a big time scorer in his day. If he has any knowledge, its mostly going to be about scoring.
it's the one thing he did do at a high level for a while.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

elartman1973 wrote:Anybody who puts up 50+ points is doing it against weak defenses..even Jordan...it may be against a top defensive team but their defense wasnt on point that particular night...im sure Wilkens put up big numbers against some weak ass defenses

I have a few games from 1987 between the Celtics and Hawks in which Nique's 54 beat out Bird's triple double for a hawks win.

That was the year in which it came down to the last game of the season for first in the East between the 58-23 Celtics and the 57-24 Hawks and the Celtics won that game which is or was another classic.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

town bidness wrote:
y2ktors wrote:
it's the one thing he did do at a high level for a while.

He was basically 2nd to Jordan in scoring for most of the time from 86-87 to 92-93 but has 1 scoring title of his own.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

The reason Kareem and Nique comment on it is because every time LeEgo farts, LeSpin and talk radio go nuts about how fantastic it smells.
Fact is, it's already been done this season.
Fact is, the EC is horribly bad, year after year, after year.
Fact is, the Kittens suck and it's not that impressive.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Shill Jackson wrote:The reason Kareem and Nique comment on it is because every time LeEgo farts, LeSpin and talk radio go nuts about how fantastic it smells.
that's the funniest thing about this whole brouhaha.... it's was already done this year and years past.

that nba/espn hype machine is pretty damn good.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

town bidness wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:The reason Kareem and Nique comment on it is because every time LeEgo farts, LeSpin and talk radio go nuts about how fantastic it smells.
that's the funniest thing about this whole brouhaha.... it's was already done this year and years past.

So the only things that are worthy of reporting in today's (and future) NBA is something that's never been done before?
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:

So the only things that are worthy of reporting in today's (and future) NBA is something that's never been done before?
is that what i said? melo scored 63 without a turnover to nothing close to this sort of faux legend building.

it's not a big deal just because lebron finally managed to crack 60. great game and all but please.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

town bidness wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:

is that what i said? melo scored 63 without a turnover to nothing close to this sort of faux legend building.

it's not a big deal just because lebron finally managed to crack 60. great game and all but please.
Yes....you said "it's been done before" and implied it wasn't worthy of reporting.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:

I think what they are saying is that LeBron has been getting hype from sports stations such as ESPN since he was in high school and people are just sick of it.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: So the only things that are worthy of reporting in today's (and future) NBA is something that's never been done before?

Yes....you said "it's been done before" and implied it wasn't worthy of reporting.
my post doesnt translate into your post unless you're a moron. my post implies nothing about whether it was worthy of simply reporting as was done in carmellos' case and everything to do with the event being OVERHYPED for lebron.

it would have helped if you took the time to read the last sentence genius.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

elmouse03 wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:

I think what they are saying is that LeBron has been getting hype from sports stations such as ESPN since he was in high school and people are just sick of it.
Not sick, just bitter and jealous.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

rileymartin wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote: So the only things that are worthy of reporting in today's (and future) NBA is something that's never been done before?

Not sick, just bitter and jealous.

You sure are quick to defend LeBron at a moments notice.

Alfonzo is jealous.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

town bidness wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:

my post doesnt translate into your post unless you're a moron. my post implies nothing about whether it was worthy of simply reporting as was done in carmellos' case and everything to do with the event being OVERHYPED for lebron.

That's weak, Chico.

You're crying by saying that 61 has been done this season and before...so it's not news worthy.

I guess Kevin Love going for 33pts and 17 boards isn't news worthy either since it's been done this season and before.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:

That's weak, Chico.

You're crying by saying that 61 has been done this season and before...so it's not news worthy.

I guess Kevin Love going for 33pts and 17 boards isn't news worthy either since it's been done this season and before.
you're not making any sense.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Jims_Doors wrote:
town bidness wrote:
Jims_Doors wrote:

That's weak, Chico.

Jesus Christ this is painful! Are you fucking retarded?! He's not saying it isn't news worthy but Espn and you jock sniffers are reporting it with the same vigor as reporting 9/11. You can't see the differance?
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Lots of butt-hurt LeTots in this thread... :lol:

Nique says "watch the film... no close outs on D, doubles were late, rotations were slow."

I watched the film and he's 100% correct.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:Lots of butt-hurt LeTots in this thread... :lol:

Nique says "watch the film... no close outs on D, doubles were late, rotations were slow."

I watched the film and he's 100% correct.
Annnnd he had to stay in and stat pad in a blowout to accomplish it.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Do you guys actually think nique thinks he could drop 40, or perhaps he was using hyperbole just like we do constantly?