D. Wilkins not impressed by LeBron's 61

Talk about anything here.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

D. Wilkins not impressed by LeBron's 61

Post by Jims_Doors »

Dominique Wilkins ‏@DWilkins21 6h
Watch the film. No close outs on D, doubles were late, rotations were slow. It was too easy to score. At 54 y/o I could drop 40 on that D

:roll: ....dumb
manchild98
Hidden Member

Re: D. Wilkins not impressed by LeBron's 61

Post by manchild98 »

Sad actually. There is no reason for any of these guys to knock something like that...on any player. It only comes off as the bitter old guy...or the back in my day guy.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Even when he played Wilkins was always in the 2nd tier of superstars. These days people hardly ever mention him. As a result he's not happy about seeing young players do well, it only pushes him further into the background.
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

ripper76 wrote:Even when he played Wilkins was always in the 2nd tier of superstars. These days people hardly ever mention him. As a result he's not happy about seeing young players do well, it only pushes him further into the background.
I agree

Whenever his name gets brought up, he's more remembered for his participation in the dunk competitions than his actual play on the court.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Wow another retired legend with an opinion. Let's rake him over the fucking coals because we totally know better.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Wow another retired legend with an opinion. Let's rake him over the fucking coals because we totally know better.
Do you think my assessment of his opinion, my opinion of his opinion, was off base?
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

I trust the insight of someone who's actually played the game over a bunch of jackoffs at ESPN who get paid to hype up every stellar performance in prisoner of the moment fashion for the sake of TV ratings and website clicks.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Jims_Doors wrote:Dominique Wilkins ‏@DWilkins21 6h
Watch the film. No close outs on D, doubles were late, rotations were slow. It was too easy to score. At 54 y/o I could drop 40 on that D

then why isn't Dominique playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Lol. LeBron got sonned. Again.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:

Maybe if a team played the bobcats every night he would be.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Wow another retired legend with an opinion. Let's rake him over the fucking coals because we totally know better.
Talking about the D is one thing, but to give a subtle jab by sarcastically implying that at age 54 he could have walked on the floor last night and dropped 40 is extremely absurd.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Wow...These old timers are getting more and more pathetic with every soundbyte that has to do with Lebron. Kareem's a little buttsore, and now Wilkins joining the club of disgruntled 'has beens' all in just one week's worth of work. I respect the legends of the game, but shit like this is making it harder and harder as they continually view the modern game and it's stars through the myopic lens of yesteryear.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AtiliusRegulus wrote:

you actually think Wilkins can score 40 on the bobcats? I bet you believe in aliens

Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

lettherebehouse wrote:Wow...These old timers are getting more and more pathetic with every soundbyte that has to do with Lebron. Kareem's a little buttsore, and now Wilkins joining the club of disgruntled 'has beens' all in just one week's worth of work. I respect the legends of the game, but shit like this is making it harder and harder as they continually view the modern game and it's stars through the myopic lens of yesteryear.
Breh, it's been happening for years, just wasn't always social media to make them exposed like this. However, LeBron did get sonned, because that defense last night was pathetic at best.
Bill Russell

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AtiliusRegulus wrote:then why isn't Dominique playing.

you actually think Wilkins can score 40 on the bobcats? I bet you believe in aliens

Talk about a reach. Where did I say that, or imply it in any way?
Bill Russell

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Wow...These old timers are getting more and more pathetic with every soundbyte that has to do with Lebron. Kareem's a little buttsore, and now Wilkins joining the club of disgruntled 'has beens' all in just one week's worth of work. I respect the legends of the game, but shit like this is making it harder and harder as they continually view the modern game and it's stars through the myopic lens of yesteryear.
Breh, it's been happening for years, just wasn't always social media to make them exposed like this. However, LeBron did get sonned, because that defense last night was pathetic at best.
LOL, LeBron didn't get sonned.

He made wilkins look like a crying little bitch lol.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Anybody who puts up 50+ points is doing it against weak defenses..even Jordan...it may be against a top defensive team but their defense wasnt on point that particular night...im sure Wilkens put up big numbers against some weak ass defenses
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Kareem was right. LeBron was talking out of his ass on the Rushmore thing. Nique just comes off like an old bitter idiot. Big difference.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

that was not the best way to say the feat has been done many times in the past.

the bad defense argument is piss poor.