Richard Sherman: 'Thug' Is Now Another Way of Saying N-Word

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Richard Sherman: 'Thug' Is Now Another Way of Saying N-Word

Post by CleveTown™ »

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman said he was bothered and disappointed that he was called a "thug" after his crazed post-game rant on Sunday because he said it seems like "thug" is the "accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays."

"The only reason it bothers me is because it seems like it's the accepted way of calling somebody the N-word nowadays," Sherman said in a press conference on Wednesday. "There was a hockey game where they didn't even play hockey, they just threw the puck aside and started fighting. I saw that, and said, 'Oh man, I'm the thug? What's going on here?'"

ROFL. "I'm a vctim, Im a VICTIM, SOMEBODY SAAAAAAVE MEEEE!!!!!!!!!"

The race card doesn't work anymore brah, move on, THUG,.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Re: Richard Sherman: 'Thug' Is Now Another Way of Saying N-W

Post by CleveTown™ »

This changes my opinion of Sherman concerning THIS incident only:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... .html?vp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
January 7th. (D)
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Whether you admit it or not, plenty of people use the word in that context. Sherman has been called thug and much worse online.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Ali Natural wrote:Whether you admit it or not, plenty of people use the word in that context. Sherman has been called thug and much worse online.
People use all sorts of words in all kinds of different contexts, what's your point? A thug is someone who plays, talks and acts....like a thug. Which Sherman does. He got his wittle feelings hurt so he wanted the bad men to go away so he pulled the "failed" (lol) race card. That card has been null and void, edges worn down and bent up for about the past 3 years, and it'll only get worse for ya ali my boy.
January 7th. (D)
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

You seem to be mistaken. I don't give a fuck what your opinion is on anything. I call it like I see it. If I think some shit is racist I'm calling it racist. Whether you agree with me or not. My boy.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Ali Natural wrote:You seem to be mistaken. I don't give a fuck what your opinion is on anything. I call it like I see it. If I think some shit is racist I'm calling it racist. Whether you agree with me or not. My boy.
lol you calling it racist doesn't change the meaning of the word. A thug comes in many different colors unless you are admitting that thug people only come in black skin. Is that what you're implying?
January 7th. (D)
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

The word thug in and of itself is not racist. It's the context of the person using it that determines if its racist. If thug is your code word for aggressive black male that's on you. I really don't care what context you use it in though. It's the internet so people will amp up their inner ass hole. Sherman should know that.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Ali Natural wrote:The word thug in and of itself is not racist. It's the context of the person using it that determines if its racist. If thug is your code word for aggressive black male that's on you. I really don't care what context you use it in though. It's the internet so people will amp up their inner ass hole. Sherman should know that.
well then what should we call crazed looking deranged athletes with a reckless playing style and almost explodes while giving post game interviews? Look at the guys play all year, he's a thug on the field, nobody is saying he is a thug in real life, Im sure he's not. Quit looking to get offended you pussy.
January 7th. (D)
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Sherman uses both words liberally, but white people can't?

Lawl
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Were the Thuggish Ruggish Bone (Bone Thugs) rap group REALLY calling themselves Niggish Ruggish Bone? Bone ******? Help me out Ali. Makes no sense.
January 7th. (D)
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Ali Natural wrote:The word thug in and of itself is not racist. It's the context of the person using it that determines if its racist. If thug is your code word for aggressive black male that's on you. I really don't care what context you use it in though. It's the internet so people will amp up their inner ass hole. Sherman should know that.
well then what should we call crazed looking deranged athletes with a reckless playing style and almost explodes while giving post game interviews? Look at the guys play all year, he's a thug on the field, nobody is saying he is a thug in real life, Im sure he's not. Quit looking to get offended you pussy.
Call them whatever you want. You are the one acting pussy hurt over someone calling others racist. I was just trying to explain Sherman's position to your thick skull havin ass. My mistake.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Ok Ali. Just stop crying!
January 7th. (D)
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

People were already calling Sherman the N-word on Twitter.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

zombiesonics wrote:People were already calling Sherman the N-word on Twitter.
ok, and blacks call whites racist epitaphs every day on twitter and social media too. So what. The word Thug is not racist which is what the spirit of this thread is about.
January 7th. (D)
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Heeeeeyyyy it's another Richard Sherman story. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman.

[BTW - he's sort of correct. Seems like a veiled, safe way to often throw around the term some are really feeling.]

Oh, and there's this -
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

so many people crying over this thug issue. So funny.
January 7th. (D)
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Heeeeeyyyy it's another Richard Sherman story. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman.

[BTW - he's sort of correct. Seems like a veiled, safe way to often throw around the term some are really feeling.]

Oh, and there's this -
Exactly
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

of course he's right.

only a moron cant admit to typical coded language and dog whistles for knee jerk dopes like the op.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Heeeeeyyyy it's another Richard Sherman story. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman. Richard Sherman.

Oh, and there's this -
Neither is a thug.

Sherman is a cocky, in-your-face loud-mouth .

Beiber is a faggot punk who'd get passed around like currency in jail.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Duh.. of course it is. You have your head firmly up your ass if you don't recognize it for what it is.